Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Hey folks since the winter season is upon Canada for most of us,and most have harvested,...This post is to the one's still growing threw the winter in tents, rooms or greenhouse, etc.. I was wondering what method are you using to grew indoors?..I'm running a Dwc system under led lights in a 4x3x5 grow tent.... So what's your preferred method to winter grow? :)... P.s ....Welcome aboard to the new people that joined on to our Canadian thread! ;)
I'm under a TS3000 Mars Hydro in FFOF with a top dressing of Gala Green Bloom in 5 gallon fabric pots. Not really sure how often I should reapply. So far plants are only wanting a drink every 4 days. Is that normal for being so far along in grow? Managing to keep humidity below or close to 50% and temp are ranging from 64 and 76 during light hours.

I'm under a TS3000 Mars Hydro in FFOF with a top dressing of Gala Green Bloom in 5 gallon fabric pots. Not really sure how often I should reapply. So far plants are only wanting a drink every 4 days. Is that normal for being so far along in grow? Managing to keep humidity below or close to 50% and temp are ranging from 64 and 76 during light hours.
Hi plant Daddy welcome to the group... I'm not familiar with fox farms ocean forest soil medium, I run mostly hydroponics but I'm sure one of our dedicated soil grows will come along and chime in. :)

Ocean Forset is known for water asborption, it literally has chunks of forest in it, and if plants look healthy and your lifting pots and feeling the difference, i'd think your good(5gal is big pot indoor so holds lots of water). If you have others signs on plant or water starts to stink or just because your interested i'd ph your run-off.
note: i know that not all people believe run-off ph is the ph of your soil.

I'm usually 2-3 days in 3gal plastic pots early veg watering and every day in flower(maybe every other day early flower), i find keeping humidity above 40 hard in winter in ontario, i'm as happy as a "canuk stoner after good summer harvest " if i can keep it between 40-50 in winter. i think humitidy effects watering when high but 35-50 never notice anything myself. temps will effect plants growth with colder slowing down growth but i've never noticed anything until you get under 60f and then plant slows down to crawl.

Ocean Forset is known for water asborption, it literally has chunks of forest in it, and if plants look healthy and your lifting pots and feeling the difference, i'd think your good(5gal is big pot indoor so holds lots of water). If you have others signs on plant or water starts to stink or just because your interested i'd ph your run-off.
note: i know that not all people believe run-off ph is the ph of your soil.

I'm usually 2-3 days in 3gal plastic pots early veg watering and every day in flower(maybe every other day early flower), i find keeping humidity above 40 hard in winter in ontario, i'm as happy as a "canuk stoner after good summer harvest " if i can keep it between 40-50 in winter. i think humitidy effects watering when high but 35-50 never notice anything myself. temps will effect plants growth with colder slowing down growth but i've never noticed anything until you get under 60f and then plant slows down to crawl.
Thanks Mustang, Everything looks good. PH run off is good as well. I just thought others had to water 5gallon bags more often.

I’m in 5 gal fabric bags with promix HP, typically takes six litres every second day in flower to get a good run off, and every third day in late veg. This is all in dry, dry Alberta.
I also have never used ocean forest.
I see a lot of people add 25% perlite to there mixture using FFOF. Can anyone tell me why that is a good idea. I suppose medium would dry faster with the added perlite. Is that a good thing?

I see a lot of people add 25% perlite to there mixture using FFOF. Can anyone tell me why that is a good idea. I suppose medium would dry faster with the added perlite. Is that a good thing?

Its to allow oxygen to flow through the soil and get better drainage so your medium isn't soupy and waterlogged

Its to allow oxygen to flow through the soil and get better drainage so your medium isn't soupy and waterlogged
Thanks.. I was thinking about putting more perlite next grow because I've seen so many people adding it to FFOF. Now I know why I will do it.. what is the con? Just less soil which means less nutrients I suppose.

Thanks.. I was thinking about putting more perlite next grow because I've seen so many people adding it to FFOF. Now I know why I will do it.. what is the con? Just less soil which means less nutrients I suppose.
i found i had ph problems with FFOF straight. after when i used FFOF i added perlite, vermiculite(had a bag so what the hell), and worm casting, happy with results. Evenually i started mixing in promix(30-40%) with FFOF and had great results. i have no luck running clones in FFOF (to strong) so have switched to promix hp soil and now promix HP CC.

what is ffof?

ive heard of that stuff never seen for sale in ontario..
It's so expensive if you buy it online or amazon. I buy it at hydroponics store here in Victoria BC for about $28 a bag. It's from northern California in Mendocino the USA Mecca of Cannabis organic blend. They sell an organic blend soil that is Canadian, but it's pricier. Hydro store said because they have to jump through more hoops to certify organic here in Canada.

i found i had ph problems with FFOF straight. after when i used FFOF i added perlite, vermiculite(had a bag so what the hell), and worm casting, happy with results. Evenually i started mixing in promix(30-40%) with FFOF and had great results. i have no luck running clones in FFOF (to strong) so have switched to promix hp soil and now promix HP CC.
I thought Ph doesn't matter when growing in organic soil. They say soil is a little hot, but my seedling did well in it, but I did have seedling in peat pod. I figure seedling had some time before roots hit soil. IdK.... I think I will be adding some perlite next time.

looks likes i get hp pro mix for about 36 a bag here in town.. might need to order for a week or two this time of yr..

wow good thing i looked there all out of stock wtf.. retailors should be stock in hp pro mix its the start of indoor grow season in canada eh wtf.. its all frozen in the back ..

where can i get some grow store?

need a big bag soon..

this place needs more bud pics

Back
Top Bottom