Canadian Growers Group & Friends

are you saying you can flower in 2 or 3 weeks that be about 2 -3 times faster than the nine weeks..?

or are you saying it grows 2 or 3 times faster or bigger?

find hard to believe either way ..

back in college i was the number one question asker ..

Got a nice pile of crystal, to smoke. After drying & trimming my tropacanna banana

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2463 (2).JPG

are you saying you can flower in 2 or 3 weeks that be about 2 -3 times faster than the nine weeks..?

or are you saying it grows 2 or 3 times faster or bigger?

find hard to believe either way ..
No I'm saying it grows at a faster rate in vegging, then with soil not saying other's can't achieve that rate with soil, It achieves a faster growth rate in DWC because the plants are being fed the nutrients directly to the roots so they don't have to go looking around for them in the soil or other amendments giving it a quicker growth rate.

Yes pro mix hp is good but it has no nutrients you have to feed with it.
thats the best part of promix, easier to correct problems i think. just my opinion.
No I'm saying it grows at a faster rate in vegging, then with soil not saying other's can't achieve that rate with soil, It achieves a faster growth rate in DWC because the plants are being fed the nutrients directly to the roots so they don't have to go looking around for them in the soil or other amendments giving it a quicker growth rate.
So as Paisley says faster grow rate , i've read up to 5x(not sure i believe) but the plant maturity rate maybe 1.5x faster(just a guess on my parts). My past experience with hydro tub your maybe saving 2-3 weeks over soil. But when your growing year round that 2-3 weeks becomes a big deal over a year for people selling weed.

Note: theses are my guesses and past experiences growing hydro(long time ago), i have never reshearched or googled the facts in any real effort, so just a guess on my part.

The difference I have found with RDWC is the seedlings take much longer to get up to size than in soil. In soil people tend to start the plants in a small container and up pot several times as the plant gets root bound. In hydro the roots have virtually unlimited room to grow so spend the first three weeks making roots instead of leaves. Once the roots are large enough the upper part of the plant really takes off and passes the soil growth rate. The plants take the same amount of time to mature but the end result is a larger plant in hydro.

Sorry, I forgot when i do use my hydro tub, it's 35 plants, spacing isn't best on a tub. the one thing i do different over soil is veg time, sometimes with clones in tub i go straight to flower once clones go in. but i still think your a few weeks faster in hydro grow.

Yes sir!! That’s the stuff I’m using right now. I was unsure about it at first, but it’s turning out to be a really good med
it's best all round growing soil you can buy for the money. It's also a great base soil to add what ever tickles your fancy. Don't get me wrong i like fox farms but i like it more mixed with promix hp mycorrohazie , think it drains way better.

Generally the time between flipping the lights and the first sign of female parts is considered transition time. Flowering then starts
The Transition period ... I think that's why people get upset when they read guidelines on a strain taking 8 to 9 weeks to flower ...When it takes them the actual 10 weeks because the seed sales marketing always leaves out the transition period and growers skill level, when marketing seed growing info tips.

The difference I have found with RDWC is the seedlings take much longer to get up to size than in soil. In soil people tend to start the plants in a small container and up pot several times as the plant gets root bound. In hydro the roots have virtually unlimited room to grow so spend the first three weeks making roots instead of leaves. Once the roots are large enough the upper part of the plant really takes off and passes the soil growth rate. The plants take the same amount of time to mature but the end result is a larger plant in hydro.
Hi dusted...Do you use just hydroton pellets or peat plug or rockwool and hydroton combo, to start seeds on your rdwc sytem?

Hi dusted...Do you use just hydroton pellets or peat plug or rockwool and hydroton combo, to start seeds on your rdwc sytem?
Straight clay pellets, but by now the media is full of organic material from previous grows. I take out the big chunks of roots but the rootlets are left behind. Regular addition of myco spores helps degrade the organics. I germinate in paper towel and place the seedlings directly into the pellets. It can be nerve racking placing them without losing them into the crevices between rocks

thats the best part of promix, easier to correct problems i think. just my opinion.

So as Paisley says faster grow rate , i've read up to 5x(not sure i believe) but the plant maturity rate maybe 1.5x faster(just a guess on my parts). My past experience with hydro tub your maybe saving 2-3 weeks over soil. But when your growing year round that 2-3 weeks becomes a big deal over a year for people selling weed.

Note: theses are my guesses and past experiences growing hydro(long time ago), i have never reshearched or googled the facts in any real effort, so just a guess on my part.

when ever i hear someone say ive got good hydro i kinda choke .. out on st. those fast pace criminal growers selling
weed put alot of harsh shit out there .. i started soil in pots with prelite.. so much smoother smoke hp pro mix
with washing is similar .. i like smooth smoke .. i smoke joints mostly ..

Sorry, I forgot when i do use my hydro tub, it's 35 plants, spacing isn't best on a tub. the one thing i do different over soil is veg time, sometimes with clones in tub i go straight to flower once clones go in. but i still think your a few weeks faster in hydro grow.

it's best all round growing soil you can buy for the money. It's also a great base soil to add what ever tickles your fancy. Don't get me wrong i like fox farms but i like it more mixed with promix hp mycorrohazie , think it drains way better.

think your the 1st person to spell mycorrohazie correctly ? i just cant remember this word..

when ever i hear someone say ive got good hydro i kinda choke .. out on st. those fast pace criminal growers selling
weed put alot of harsh shit out there .. i started soil in pots with prelite.. so much smoother smoke hp pro mix
Well, your opinions are are always welcome, but please remember other people have other opinions which differ from yours

Hi Deltadubie...Not all hydro growers are like street dealing criminal growers that don't care about the end product just as long as its worth selling at good price or dime bag cheap ...(sorry Daryl )...lol.... A lot of hydro growers that I know personally take great pride in their hydro growing, myself included. I also grow in various other grow mediums they all have their perks and down falls, In the end I have found when it comes to great cannabis it takes great care and skill of the grower to achieve an amazing looking end product threw growing and flowering techniques... But most importantly drying and curing properly is key to achieving a smooth and great tasting smoke to go along with the look. ;)

I get you don't like hydro mate. I've grow both ways and can't tell the difference or the hydro is stronger. Now i know you guys talked about flushing and i have my version of a flush, and to me thats is when you get that harsh chemical taste in hydro, i think.
I washed my weed for first time and it does taste better and maybe a little smoother to smoke.

Back
Top Bottom