Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Run all my plants in Promix HPCC Mycorrhizae (coco/soil mix) in 3 gal plastic pots and clones in solo cups (promix HP soil mix). water with bubbled tap water and mix of nuts.
note: I'd rather do clones in rockwool tray for roots and hand them to people that way. But better to go dirt in solo cups after because most people want the clones way to early (may24) and aren't smart enough to water the rockwool cubes everyday well they wait for the weather and june to go outdoors, just my experience trading clones.

6' x 6' x 6' room with 1000w HPS (18/6) : will grow 4 strains of photo and 6 auto plants(have already started). I'll top photos and move the 8 plants to my tent sometime in January, i'll leaves autos in room to finish. I'll use this room as mother room later, the room can handle 18-20 plants in 3gal pots. back up room for clone overflow.

48" x 98" x 80" tent with two 1600w LEDs (12/12): I'll run the 8 photo plants(4strains) to finish. This will be my winter grow and back up room for space incase plans change. later in May tent will be used hopefully for clone storage(timer change 18/6), i'd like 200-300 clones by end of may start of june. I can cut 20-40 clones a day without rushing myself, last year i fit 130-140 clones in oneside of tent. hoping to fit at least 250 clones in tent.

Around mid Febuary I'll do 4 more photo plants and I'll take 4 clones from my tent grow for a total of 8 strains to make clones for May24 grow. I'll run the 8 mothers in the 6' x 6' HPS room for month and a bit and then clone the shit out off them.

Also have a small 36" x 24" x 53" tent with 600w LED (24/0), use it to germinate, cloning, and back up clone storage later on. Also have my cloning bin with two 25w fish tank lights, it can handle 40 clones.

20201103_154615.jpg

Run all my plants in Promix HPCC Mycorrhizae (coco/soil mix) in 3 gal plastic pots and clones in solo cups (promix HP soil mix). water with bubbled tap water and mix of nuts.
note: I'd rather do clones in rockwool tray for roots and hand them to people that way. But better to go dirt in solo cups after because most people want the clones way to early (may24) and aren't smart enough to water the rockwool cubes everyday well they wait for the weather and june to go outdoors, just my experience trading clones.

6' x 6' x 6' room with 1000w HPS (18/6) : will grow 4 strains of photo and 6 auto plants(have already started). I'll top photos and move the 8 plants to my tent sometime in January, i'll leaves autos in room to finish. I'll use this room as mother room later, the room can handle 18-20 plants in 3gal pots. back up room for clone overflow.

48" x 98" x 80" tent with two 1600w LEDs (12/12): I'll run the 8 photo plants(4strains) to finish. This will be my winter grow and back up room for space incase plans change. later in May tent will be used hopefully for clone storage(timer change 18/6), i'd like 200-300 clones by end of may start of june. I can cut 20-40 clones a day without rushing myself, last year i fit 130-140 clones in oneside of tent. hoping to fit at least 250 clones in tent.

Around mid Febuary I'll do 4 more photo plants and I'll take 4 clones from my tent grow for a total of 8 strains to make clones for May24 grow. I'll run the 8 mothers in the 6' x 6' HPS room for month and a bit and then clone the shit out off them.

Also have a small 36" x 24" x 53" tent with 600w LED (24/0), use it to germinate, cloning, and back up clone storage later on. Also have my cloning bin with two 25w fish tank lights, it can handle 40 clones.

20201103_154615.jpg
Dammm.... We should start calling you cloner92.. lol ...love following your grows man! ;)

Hey folks since the winter season is upon Canada for most of us,and most have harvested,...This post is to the one's still growing threw the winter in tents, rooms or greenhouse, etc.. I was wondering what method are you using to grew indoors?..I'm running a Dwc system under led lights in a 4x3x5 grow tent.... So what's your preferred method to winter grow? :)... P.s ....Welcome aboard to the new people that joined on to our Canadian thread! ;)
Hey herby....

I know you’re going to get all kinds of answers, but I would suggest buying 100% worm castings, and mix it 50/50 with perlite. Grow in that.
I also feed nutrients through out the entire grow with it.

plants love it, and it’s been dummy proof for me. I grow in promix hp mycrohaza (or w/e it’s called) as of right now, but that’s because I couldn’t find my go to worm castings and was caught in a pinch because I needed to transplant. So I bought a big bale of it, and haven’t run out yet. If you can’t find 100% worm castings then promix hp mychrohaza is also a good runner up.

Hey herby....

I know you’re going to get all kinds of answers, but I would suggest buying 100% worm castings, and mix it 50/50 with perlite. Grow in that.
I also feed nutrients through out the entire grow with it.

plants love it, and it’s been dummy proof for me. I grow in promix hp mycrohaza (or w/e it’s called) as of right now, but that’s because I couldn’t find my go to worm castings and was caught in a pinch because I needed to transplant. So I bought a big bale of it, and haven’t run out yet. If you can’t find 100% worm castings then promix hp mychrohaza is also a good runner up.

i use hp pro mix with extra mychrokazie

when you guys grow from regular seed how many plants do you grow? its tuff in canada with 4 limit u could end up with 1 f and 3 males .. etc... do you cheat?
The only cheat codes I use, is x,o,y,triangle, triangle, up, down, up, down,up, down

I used that in gta San Andreas :cheesygrinsmiley:

i use hp pro mix with extra mychrokazie
Awesome! It’s treated me well.

is ph 4.0 to low for water run off the bottom of pot? had no idea that acidic..
Don’t worry about the run off ph. The proper way to test the ph of you’re medium is to do a slurry test.

with the medium, we, are using. No need to ph you’re water either... as it’s a buffered medium, and buffers you’re water.

:thumb:

20201103_154615.jpg
your running hps lights? switch over to cmh way better .... way way better .. check out smart pots your plants will love smart pots over plastic..

Hey folks since the winter season is upon Canada for most of us,and most have harvested,...This post is to the one's still growing threw the winter in tents, rooms or greenhouse, etc.. I was wondering what method are you using to grew indoors?..I'm running a Dwc system under led lights in a 4x3x5 grow tent.... So what's your preferred method to winter grow? :)... P.s ....Welcome aboard to the new people that joined on to our Canadian thread! ;)

when you guys grow from regular seed how many plants do you grow? its tuff in canada with 4 limit u could end up with 1 f and 3 males .. etc... do you cheat?
I will tell you the same as I have told others

”I grew more than 4 plants before it was legal, why would I grow less now :rofl:

your running hps lights? switch over to cmh way better .... way way better .. check out smart pots your plants will love smart pots over plastic..
I’ve had seasoned members claim The opposite ...one of my favourite successful growers told me his yield increased after switching back to plastic . I believe him just based on his harvests and experience.

I still have a shit ton of fabric pots left to use ( one and done, never reused regardless of the size ]. but I was going to try a side by side . Same bean, same strain just to see the difference.
One issue i have with The fabric pots is that your fans really need to be strategically placed or your soil / roots dry will out too fast and if you don’t pack the soil carefully they can lean and Not distribute water evenly ..
cheers!

I usually grow four regular seed plants at the beginning of each of my grows, Then when they are about three weeks old I start to take clone clippings (4) to (8) at a time and bloom those clone clippings at my friends house to see what sex I have in the four mother plants, his house is just for clone growing and selection and for his help and house I let him keep the clipings I don't use, If they are male he blooms them out and harvest the pollen and if they are female then off to the other bloom tent they go to flower unless I decide to make seeds. This way everything is still legal, cause if the clippings have no roots they are technically not plants yet and when they do root its always done in sets of four at my friends house keeping the legal plant limit.... Ya I know it takes longer to find good plants to breed in our breeding projects, but its alot better then being raided by the fuzz in the early hours of the morning, and being caught in your underwear, with morning wood well being arrested. lol ;)

I guess I am just lucky to live where I do. Weed has been a part of life in this area for so long, that unless someone complains, or you are growing big plantations and selling, the cops never bother you here. Even then, 9 times outta 10, if they show up, they just pull the plants and leave a card saying “better luck next year, if you have any questions, call us at the number below”. Doubtful anybody has ever called them though :rofl:

I’ve had seasoned members claim The opposite ...one of my favourite successful growers told me his yield increased after switching back to plastic . I believe him just based on his harvests and experience.

I still have a shit ton of fabric pots left to use ( one and done, never reused regardless of the size ]. but I was going to try a side by side . Same bean, same strain just to see the difference.
One issue i have with The fabric pots is that your fans really need to be strategically placed or your soil / roots dry will out too fast and if you don’t pack the soil carefully they can lean and Not distribute water evenly ..
cheers!

well i got to say my plants are big and grow faster and look better in smart pot s or fabric pots than my old home dopot
5 gallon buckets.. im using 7 gallon fabric and i am not going back to plastic buckets.. no way ...

well i got to say my plants are big and grow faster and look better in smart pot s or fabric pots than my old home dopot
5 gallon buckets.. im using 7 gallon fabric and i am not going back to plastic buckets.. no way ...
There is no way I would try to finish a plant in a 5 gallon bucket that’s for sure .. I’m a 7-10 gallon minimum ...even in a hydro bucket I’ve run out of room for roots and thought of going to totes that's for sure !

There is no way I would try to finish a pot in a 5 gallon bucket that’s for sure .. I’m a 7-10 gallon minimum ...even in a hydro bucket I’ve run out of room for roots and thought of going to totes that's for sure !
Do it!!! ....That's what I run all the time, Totes.. lol ... A set of 3 gallon totes for short plant grows that are 3ft and under and 10 gallon totes for regular size grows for 5 to 6 ft plants, and for long term sativa grows and larger plants... aka mini tree's .. I like to use my 18 or 30 gallon totes, I love DWC easy to store when not in use and your able to have multiple size set ups when needed and can replace a tote easier if things break which with totes surprisingly never happened yet, fingers crossed lol.

Back
Top Bottom