Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I'm keeping it to a 4 plant grow because that's what Mrs. Plantdaddy will let me grow. I can't stand starting out with 4 seedlings and waiting months until I have something worth looking at. I am also excited that plants will all be the ones in the front. I will be able to do a scrog. It wasn't an option with a 4x4. I couldn't get to plants in the back. I've got a couple Secret Jarin 2x4 tents coming. I only need info on my new setup. I'm wondering about light for veg tent. Thinking about T5's. Would love info about veging with T5's. Would also like info on cmh lights in a 2x4 tent for flower. I know actual footprint is 3x3. Anything else is just noise and doesn't help my new set up.
your mars hydro light is excellent for vegging it has lots of blue keep s em short compact.. very low internodal space

with less blue you get more elongation and more distance in the internodal space.. in a way the mars seem to compact.. dam hard to top.. t5 have been used for many decades as a grow light.. i have 2 ft t5 4 lights in my
seed veg tent 2x2 x4 .. take the cup to the 7 gallon in the 5 x 5 big tent.. be great to have another 2 tents
have 4 plant harvest every month.. lol yikes its alot of work trimming..

heya folks,,

ya,,

anyhoo, just thot i might mention that my outdoor harvest is still ongoing in kelowna,, mild end of oct weather has allowed me to spread it out a bit

no pics,, no nuttin,, just that

a year ago i was shovelin snow,,

no pics,, it did not and does not happen,, i know,,

peace out folks

outdoor harvest is still ongoing
Yer killin' us Niv!!!! We've had a few nights of frost but on average been a nice fall - wish the damn bud rot had allowed me to take advantage of it!! Been miserable the last couple of days tho. Mines all in jars now.

Well I made my way into the rat race on Tuesday before the pension cheques came out. Picked up my winter supply of coir and met Jonathan Torrens and his two young daughters at the dog food place! My wife recognized him under the mask. Buddy was super approacable and a consumate gentalman. The gow shed is ready for cold weather,now it's only what to grow. I have some IDKs in the meantime. My take on grow lights ......... photosynthesis is only reciprocal to the rate of resperation and it's easy to hobble the best of them. Here's one of my I don't knows.:)

20211026_173043_resized.jpg

You mean 500 watt? Nice plant... What size grow... did you just use 500w on her?

WHO are you talking to plant daddy?

those tops in the pictures looks massive and really good looking buds .. just not alot of them

2 x 4 ft tent with 6 ft up min 315 cmh 4x4 630

Talking to anyone who will listen.

Well I aware I'm under powered in that 4x4 tent with TS3000 only giving me 430w of light. It's giving more top self bud than I could ever smoke. Now I'm gonna put my TS 3000 in the new 2x4 tent. I will get a chance to see what 54 watts a sq foot can do compared to 27 watts I've used last 3 grows. I'm curious to see what changes in the grow. I couldn't imagine getting better quality buds.

I appreciate advice about the T5's. The thought is I will be vegging for 9-10 weeks, the length of time it take to flower. I'm thinking I only need two 4 footers.

WHO are you talking to plant daddy?

those tops in the pictures looks massive and really good looking buds .. just not alot of them

2 x 4 ft tent with 6 ft up min 315 cmh 4x4 630

I'm wondering how it would do in a 4x2x8 tent. Wouldn't it be under powered like I have now with 430w in 4x4. The actual foot print is 3x3 for a 315w bulb. Wouldn't I be better off with the TS 3000 in the 2x4.? I'm supper curious about using a cmh now after reading a few blogs. There not expensive either.

I'm wondering how it would do in a 4x2x8 tent. Wouldn't it be under powered like I have now with 430w in 4x4. The actual foot print is 3x3 for a 315w bulb. Wouldn't I be better off with the TS 3000 in the 2x4.? I'm supper curious about using a cmh now after reading a few blogs. There not expensive either.
your sq ts 3000 is better in a sq tent .. my tsl 2000 would be better in a 2x4 tent but 3 in a 5x5 good

a cmh light would be better in a sq tent .. florescent lights or the tsl 2000 type led in a 2 x 4 by 6 ft tent

like to check out the power of the 1000 watt cmh light .. newly arriving on the mkt with 120 volt access..
explosion proof bulbs .. respect the power... ( talk about penetration to the max ) 3 ft above canopy..

your sq ts 3000 is better in a sq tent .. my tsl 2000 would be better in a 2x4 tent but 3 in a 5x5 good

a cmh light would be better in a sq tent .. florescent lights or the tsl 2000 type led in a 2 x 4 by 6 ft tent

like to check out the power of the 1000 watt cmh light .. newly arriving on the mkt with 120 volt access..
explosion proof bulbs .. respect the power... ( talk about penetration to the max ) 3 ft above canopy..
I will see about selling my light and tent second hand. Light was about $650 new. I see want you mean about light being the right size. I like the Grow light Science Grow 300 @ $482 . Unless I get at least $500 for TS3000 I'm in a quandary. TS3000 would do a good job even in a 2 x 4. I think a light like Grow 300 would .

I’ve used the ts3000 in a 4x4 does really good but could use some extra power but if u put it in a 2x4 I think be over kill

I will see about selling my light and tent second hand. Light was about $650 new. I see want you mean about light being the right size. I like the Grow light Science Grow 300 @ $482 . Unless I get at least $500 for TS3000 I'm in a quandary. TS3000 would do a good job even in a 2 x 4. I think a light like Grow 300 would .

I checked out the Grow Light Science LED. Nice choice, I like the red leaning thing and use Electric Sky for that reason. They are expensive and I have had nothing to compare them to other than HID. This winter I'm going to run 1000 watt hps on a light rail with two 300s pointing inward from the outsides. It's overkill all the way around but I'm retired and planning on dieing broke. If there's anything left it's going to be an accounting error.:)

I’ve used the ts3000 in a 4x4 does really good but could use some extra power but if u put it in a 2x4 I think be over kill
I'm thinking the same thing jack. This light has done a reasonable job in my 4x4. I can just turn down dimmer to 300 watts I'm thinking. Not sure if that will work tho. Will light be intense enough?

I checked out the Grow Light Science LED. Nice choice, I like the red leaning thing and use Electric Sky for that reason. They are expensive and I have had nothing to compare them to other than HID. This winter I'm going to run 1000 watt hps on a light rail with two 300s pointing inward from the outsides. It's overkill all the way around but I'm retired and planning on dieing broke. If there's anything left it's going to be an accounting error.:)
I compared it to the Mars SP 3000

I mean 5000w of LEDs. (2) Mars hydro tsl2000's and one vipraspectra pro 1500w in a 4×8' tent on my candy grow at home:) Not exactly sure how many true watts this equates to..
TSL 2000 300watts each Vipraspectra 150watts = 750 total watts from wall.
Look like we found the accounting error... lol Depending on a few more variables maybe slightly less.

TSL 2000 300watts each Vipraspectra 150watts = 750 total watts from wall.
Look like we found the accounting error... lol Depending on a few more variables maybe slightly less.
Definitely not enough intensity and less yield but its personal so I'm not too concerned with that. Producing top shelf bud but only down about 12-16" on certain strains if scroged and lollipoped well. But yeah bud it's just passable.. I'm going to get a 3000 and throw it in there. Power Bill & heat are too good to put bulbs back in I just can't do it lol!

Mars Hydro TS3000. I'm drawing 430 watts from the wall in my 4x4 tent.
I don't see any monsters buds in my grow but I can tell you that what you see are hard dense buds. I won't get a bit of larf from this grow.

Beginning of week 8 in the Growdaddy tent. I feel like I have gained a lot of knowledge on this grow.

Every grow is still an experiment to me. I try some of this and a little of that. This might be my lowest yield in the growdaddy grow tent.

I shouldn't have taken off all the bud sites. I should have left the last 3 or at least left up to the second nodes alone. All these buds are the tops of the tops... No stacking. I picked off all bud sites that weren't on top. I'm wondering if yield is low will buds be better? They are all iced up pretty good.

20211023_124847.jpg
20211023_124857.jpg
20211023_125045.jpg
20211023_125105.jpg
20211023_125110.jpg
20211023_125115.jpg
20211023_125220_HDR.jpg
20211023_125227.jpg
20211023_125313.jpg
These are just beautiful!! Fantastic work..!!

I'm thinking the same thing jack. This light has done a reasonable job in my 4x4. I can just turn down dimmer to 300 watts I'm thinking. Not sure if that will work tho. Will light be intense If you can't afford a par meter, get a lux meter they're 25$. You won't be able to get the infrared wave length but it'll give you a great idea on your light intensity! I stay in the 30-40k lumens veg and 50-70k during bloom.

Back
Top Bottom