Cannabis strings?

thecannabisalchemist420

I've been smoking since I was 12 and I've always occasionally found a white stretchy string in my buds. Sometimes I would attempt to carefully remove the string and, if I did it right, there would be a little crystal ball on the end. I've only successfully removed one with the ball attached a few times, but I've always been interested in what exactly it is. Over the years I've googled everything I could think of and never found anything other than people saying they found a hair in their weed. I find them in buds from all over the place, and it seems to be coming from the plant. Has anyone else seen these or know what they are? I found one today and got a picture with my microscope. It kinda looks like a really long bendy trichome… I might just be fried. But the cell structure, from what I can see, looks similar. I'm trying to get a better picture now. That's only magnified 1000x. Gonna try to get a clear picture at 2500 and I'll be back to share if anyone replies.
WIN_20200123_17_24_49_Pro.jpg

Looks like an actual hair covered in trichome goo
I thought about that but it's really thin. Way more thin than a human hair. And when I've found them in the past, they've always been very stretchy. It's like a cross between human hair and a spider web. Here's a picture of my hair at the same magnification as the first picture
WIN_20191231_16_51_54_Pro.jpg

There's a myriad of things that can end up stuck in a bud depending on where and how it's grown.

If it acts like spidersilk it probably is. It can get blown all over, little spiders fly around on silk strands. Could be from spidermites too.

It could be from any man made materials worn/used around the grow, but if it has high elasticity and it's very fine it's probably not synthetic.

Animal/human hair can obviously get blown in as well. If the pics are same magnification I don't see a large difference in cross section size to rule out hair, it has some elasticity to it so it's a good contender.

So I guess my thoughts are bug silk, or hair.

There's a myriad of things that can end up stuck in a bud depending on where and how it's grown.

If it acts like spidersilk it probably is. It can get blown all over, little spiders fly around on silk strands. Could be from spidermites too.

It could be from any man made materials worn/used around the grow, but if it has high elasticity and it's very fine it's probably not synthetic.

Animal/human hair can obviously get blown in as well. If the pics are same magnification I don't see a large difference in cross section size to rule out hair, it has some elasticity to it so it's a good contender.

So I guess my thoughts are bug silk, or hair.
I'm saying it's too small to be a hair covered in something. you might be right, but it looks exactly like a trichome under my microscope. Just a lot longer. I found some other ones last night but they were all a lot shorter. 3-5 times longer than a trichome on average, but always about the same thickness. And when I got a closer look, and saw the cells, the structure looked the same. I'm gonna try to get my hands on some different types of webs and see what the look like

just made a account on this website just to say this. i may be very late but.
these "white strings" "almost transparent"
if you have these strings inside your weed
it means it was imported/snuck into your state/country.

Notice: you will never find these in dispensary weed.
only the plugs you buy it off of.

just made a account on this website just to say this. i may be very late but.
these "white strings" "almost transparent"
if you have these strings inside your weed
it means it was imported/snuck into your state/country.

Notice: you will never find these in dispensary weed.
only the plugs you buy it off of.
could you explain more please? what are they exactly? why only imported? thanks

Back
Top Bottom