CannabisMan420s Perpetual Grow 2022

Unless your water is way out of whack you shouldn't need to pH an organic grow. Most of those using salt based nutes have to since the proper pH is needed to release the nutrients to the plants but with an organic grow the microbes take pretty good care of that.

Good compost and wormcastings are like gold to an organic grow. I find the castings are an essential part, for my garden at least.

And a second grow space sure is helpful when doing a perpetual.

I'll follow along with your grow if you don't mind. I always enjoy a good organic garden. Cheers!

First up this week, OGKush #12 after 4 weeks growth. I am starting training on this one earlier than the previous plant, pulling her out to the sides and letting her spread out a bit. Its kind of interesting training this way, as you can more easily see the growth from day-to-day. Her bottom leaves have a sort of rusty brown discoloration, I think is from the fish feed hitting her when I watered. The top leaves all look nice, so hopefully its not a big deal.

Next is the OGKush seed #11 after 8 full days in flower. She hasn't really started stretching much, it seems like the stalks are growing really fat, but not stretching a lot. They seem to do that when you LST them a lot. I am hoping things pick up in the 2nd week of flower here and she grows way out to the sides. Its kind of hard to see, but the middle of the plant is just leaves, with all the branches lining the rim of the plant as it grows out. I should have probably started training her earlier, as I'm doing with seed #12, but live and learn I guess.

Finally, we have the Jack Herer plant going into her 10th week of flowering with not too many signs of letting up. She is finally slowing down on water intake, about 2.5L every 2 days instead of every day, and a good number of her pistils are now brown. She has been dropping leaves every day, and I'm expecting her to take another week or more, but I do have room in the tent so that is fine by me.

My GG seed was a dud, so I popped another. She has sprouted and is now in soil. I'm expecting her to come up in the next day or two, so I should have pics next week. That's all for me, peace!

Her bottom leaves have a sort of rusty brown discoloration, I think is from the fish feed hitting her when I watered. The top leaves all look nice, so hopefully its not a big deal.
Did you get fish water on the leaves when you fertigated? I like to pull off those lower leaves to make it easier to work on the plants. Plus, leaves touching the soil can lead to issues down the road.

With a clean underskirt it's easier to water and apply top dressings of castings, etc.

So its been a rough week, my GG seed that I popped got eaten by something. It sprouted, came out of the soil and was promptly devoured by some sort of bug or something. Then I popped another one, and the root came out of the seed in a loop, no end. I should have taken a picture, but I ended up breaking it off trying to pry the tail out of the seed.

I also found some nanners coming out of some of the lower buds of the JH plant, so I harvested her after 73.5 days of flowering.

The OGK seed #12 is coming along nicely, so I put her into flower yesterday. I'm still training her sideways, but think I'll ease up on the training a bit, since the previous plant OGK #11 didn't really stretch much in the first couple weeks of flowering. Hopefully this one will stretch a bit more if I go easy on the LST. I pulled off a bunch of lower leaves so none are in the dirt, and all the brown ones are gone.

Last up is the OGK seed #11, which has already socked right into flowering after about 11 or 12 days only. Usually they stretch for like 3 weeks, but this one decided to just make flowers right away. Maybe it has to do with the training, as I've been adjusting the wires every day or two, being pretty aggressive with the LST. You can see many of the tops, but there is even more branching going on, so it might not be too bad of a harvest, even though she hasn't stretched much at all. I expect her to come out covered in crystals and being pretty potent, so I will be let down if she is anything less than a great smoke.

I also popped a Blueberry Kush X AK47 seed, as I received some as freebies, and it is in soil right now. Hoping it doesn't get eaten like the last one. I'm kind of behind schedule, as I didn't expect so many problems, but it seems that that's what happens when you try to show somebody how it goes. Anyway, that's it for this week, peace!

So its been a rough week, my GG seed that I popped got eaten by something. It sprouted, came out of the soil and was promptly devoured by some sort of bug or something.

I hope it was merely an insect - although the smallest thing I've known of to eat a cannabis seed was... a mouse. And they breed like, er... rodents :(.

I also found some nanners coming out of some of the lower buds of the JH plant

Yeah, the Jack Herer strain (and knockoffs made from growing out a pack of Sensi Seeds' JH seeds and then breeding and/or selfing the resulting plants) is known for occasionally doing that. Which is somewhat indicative of the quality of the bud, lol, when people continue to grow it. You can pick them off as/when you find them (using an eyedropper and water helps prevent pollination if you accidentally burst one when nipping it off the plant, if the pollen in it is already viable). You might miss one - or even a few - but they tend to appear late enough in the flowering phase that few, if any, seeds would have time to mature, even if they begin to form.

Or the gardener can take the weight (and possibly THC(a) ) hit, and harvest early.

I once had a Sensi Seeds Jack Herer and a Serious Seeds Kali Mist growing in a closet. They were kept in the growth phase for an extended period of time (more than four months; don't ask ;) ) before I got rid of them. I found a few seeds on the floor whilst cleaning the space afterwards. I threw them away - but have figuratively kicked myself a couple of times for doing so. That cross would have been well worth the effort of picking the occasional pollen "sack" off, IMHO, or even finding a few seeds per ounce of bud. Oh, well. They had completely overgrown the space, I didn't have anywhere to move them (or even one of them) to... and I needed the closet.

Seems like the more sativa, the closer to a primordial landrace a strain is, the greater the liklihood of the plant producing opposite-sex flowers. <SHRUGS> If your daily driver has been upgraded to the 600+ horsepower level, it'll require more... maintenance than a random econobox, too. . . .

Heh, I'd be on the hunt big time if there was anything bigger than a few spiders and insects crawling around my house! I have a feeling it was these grey bugs that look like short centipedes that were crawling around my soil. I offed them manually.

I didn't want to risk pollinating the upcoming OG Kush plants by picking the nanners, so I decided to chop a bit early. There were too many of em! They really stand out now that the plant is chopped. Most of the hairs have gone to dark brown now that she is hanging, so I don't think I lost a whole lot by harvesting when I did. We'll see how the crystals look under the microscope when I trim.

Thanks for the background, I think you're right, the longer flowering a plant is, and the more sativa like, it seems the more likely you're gonna get this going on. I never really thought of it that way before, but it kind of adds up. Kind of a shame, but I guess that's just 'how she goes boys'.

The sugar leaves on this one were not packed with crystals like I'm used to, but the buds had nice coverage plus she smells nice, so I'll see how she burns after another week or so of drying. I've been giving a lot of my weed away to a medical user for free, so really hoping its up to par, mostly for that reason. I have more than enough good stuff for myself, but need to keep producing to keep up with demand. I swear she could take on Snoop Dogg in a smoke out lol.

I have a feeling it was these grey bugs that look like short centipedes that were crawling around my soil. I offed them manually.

Oh, are you referring to woodlice, what a lot of people call pill bugs? Pester them and the roll up into a ball? Less than ¾" long? Yeah, they prefer dead/decaying plant matter, but can and will eat live plant tissue if that's all that's available, especially in damp conditions. They'll consume pretty much anything they can physically eat, in order to survive - including dead animal flesh/tissue, mulch... and cannabis seedlings. Because of this, they play a somewhat important role, but are sometimes literally a pest. I didn't think of those because it's not something one often sees inside (other than dark/dank basements).

I think you're right, the longer flowering a plant is, and the more sativa like, it seems the more likely you're gonna get this going on. I never really thought of it that way before, but it kind of adds up.

I assume it's an evolved trait that proved to be beneficial, so the plants carrying the mutation survived to pass it on to the next generation. Conditions have not always been great throughout the centuries/millennia. "Male" plants tend to release their pollen relatively early - which allows plenty of time for seed development. And that way allows for the possibility of introducing new (or at least not identical) genetics into the equation, so is generally best. But if there is no male within a quarter-mile (more or less), the mutation allows the plant to pollinate itself and probably still - just - have time to fully develop some seeds, of which, some will likely sprout the following year.

On the other hand, I suppose the staminate and pistillate flowers being on separate plants could be the mutation. IDK; never really thought about it. But I think it's probably the other way 'round.

I think they might have been those wood lice, these bugs around here are grey and almost translucent. Gross little things, but they tended to stay in the buckets, not seeming to bother the plants previously so I'd left them there.

I assume it's an evolved trait that proved to be beneficial, so the plants carrying the mutation survived to pass it on to the next generation.

Yeah, I've always wondered about what triggers this and how to prevent it. I've had to throw away a full sized flowering plant because it busted out in nanners right away. I've wondered too whether the perpetual grow method induces it more because you are putting in a newly flowering plant with a frustrated female that has been flowering for a while, and sending off its terpenes and other chemical signals. Lots to consider but not a lot of science on these types of things afaik.

These OG Kush plants I've got are very 'Indica' like, short with fat leaves and thick branches, and the smoke is typically very Indica like too. I like them specifically for the sedative + very stoned effects. I'll probably pop a Gelato seed after the next Gorilla Glue seed I get going, that last one was super stretchy like a Sativa, but I didn't have any problems with nanners etc. I'd like to see how this method of growing out to the sides will work with a more stretchy plant. Either way I'll get this tent filled up sooner or later.

I got some shots of the crystals from the JH plant. I was bored this AM so grabbed the microscope and went at it. As suspected, she is a bit early, with only slight amber trichomes showing, mostly towards the bottom of the nug. The top crystals are all milky white. I don't expect to smoke her all right away, so she will have some time to cure and develop more amber trichomes. Not too bad though, I almost expected more clears.

Its Saturday!

Starting off, I finally got to trim the Jack Herer plant, and it had its ups and downs. As you can see in the first shot below, it produced some nice big buds. This is after a rough trim, with the smaller branchier buds removed. Lower down you can see the downs... I found some mold in 3 of the biggest buds, right where the bud forms the main colas, so I had to throw a bunch of it straight into the trash. I broke down all of the other big buds and examined them very closely to ensure no mold, and it seems to be confined to just the 3 buds. The picture is of the worst one, with the other two only showing very small amounts, so it was hard to get a picture.
In the end I had my biggest harvest yet! The good bud weighed out to 226.56g or 8.09 ounces! The only differences between this and my previous harvests have been the tent and the 600w HPS, so it seems to have made a big difference. She is not the greatest smoke IMHO, being very sativa like, with a high kind of high, where I prefer couch-lock weed. I wish I could have flowered her all the way, getting a lot more amber trichomes.

Next up is the new Blueberry Kush x AK47 that I got as a freebie. It seems to be doing well, after 6 full days of being out of the soil.

Next is the OGK seed #12, which has been branching like crazy. I didn't pull all the branches like I usually do, choosing to let some of the inner branches grow up, and there are currently about 30 tops. I hope this method produces good amounts of smaller buds, because I don't want to see anymore moldy buds. This is first thing in the morning after a few days with no training.

Now for the OG Kush seed #11, which is already producing some nice crystals, and I expect her to grow up to produce the same quality that I know and love. I got a good undershot of the plant, since there are not too many leaves/branches and the lower leaves have started dying off now, so I pulled a bunch of them.

Here is a side shot of both the OG Kush plants I have in flowering:

That's all for now. Happy growing!

First up this week is the Blueberry Kush x AK47 plant, and she is growing like a weed. Compared to last weeks shot, she has grown quite a bit! I've taken off the bottom two sets of branches and topped her, so there are only 4 branches remaining. I am going to be training her out to the side, but for some reason I didn't put much soil in this bucket, so she will have to grow a bit taller before stretching out.

Lastly, the OG Kush plants. Not a lot to say, they are growing nicely, with one stacking on flowers and trichomes, and the other just getting into the flowering stage after just over 2 weeks of flowering.

I'll get another plant going sooner or later. That is all I got for this week, peace!

This week we have the Blueberry Kush x AK47 plant growing very nicely, with some fat leaves. She has been topped and is now starting LST to do some quad-lining. I also picked off the first sets of branches from the new tops.

Next up is the OG Kush seed #12, which has jumped nicely into flowering since last weeks update. She has stopped her stretch, and will now be packing on weight. I can already see crystals forming on the sugar leaves, but she is still a bit behind where seed #11 was after 3 weeks, so I expect her to flower a bit longer as well.

Finally, the OG Kush seed #11, which is just over 5 weeks into flower. She is very crystally, so I got some bud shots as well as a top shot. Not a lot to say here, she is packing on weight nicely and the first brown hairs are showing. I will start feeding only water after next week.

Lastly is a side shot of the two OGK plants in flower after a long night of darkness.

Since I got over 8 ounces from the previous Jack Herer plant, I decided to make some edibles, and DAMN! Even though it wasn't the greatest smoke, I'm probably going to make more edibles and give away a lot of my older weed in that form.

Alright, I'll keep it short and sweet this week.

Starting off with the Blueberry Kush x AK47, she is growing out nicely, with quad-lining underway. Some of her top leaves have turned brown and shriveled up at the tip, hoping I just got her a bit too close to the light.

Next up is a single pic of both my OGK plants in flowering. I wasn't able to get a shot when the light first came on, so it has the HPS yellow to it. Both plants are coming along nicely and packing on buds. The one on the left is starting to show a lot of red hairs, and I will start flushing now.

I FINALLY got a seed to sprout after waiting and waiting, so next week I promise there will be a fourth plant. peace!

Lots going on lately, but up first will be the Blueberry Kush x AK47 plant, along with the others. I've quad-lined the BBKxAK47 plant in a sort of rectangle shape, to try and take up as much of the light footprint as possible. I broke one of the tops from training her too hard, so I will go a bit easier into flower. You can't see much of the plant because of the leaves, but there are a bunch of tops, growing all out to the side, and the shorter ones haven't begun training yet.

Up next is the OGK seed #12, which is on Day 37 of flowering. She is coming along nicely, lots of trichs, and lots of buds. I expect good things.

Next is OGK seed #11, on Day 51 of flowering. Starting to show lots of brown hairs, so maybe another 2 or 3 weeks depending on the trichs.

Last but not least is OGKush seed #13 on day 6 of veg. You can see some critters were munching on her early on, but she should be resistant to that now that she is taller.

Water, water, water. Yeah, the plants need water again. These flowering plants are going pretty hard, but we'll start this week off with the little guys.
First up, OG Kush seed #13 at 13 days old... yeah it just worked out like that. Hopefully this plant isn't the unlucky one, but it did get chewed up a bit.

Next up is Blueberry Kush X AK47, and she is on day 10 of flowering. She is stretching out nicely and most of the tops are within a few inches of each other, so spreading out evenly. I'm not sure what to expect on this one as this was a freebie seed that came with my other order. Looking good so far!

Going strong with a pile of trichomes is OGK seed #12, with too many colas.

Lastly is the OGK seed #11 with a nice amount of colas and some nice looking purple leaves. I can't really see if any of the buds are going purple, too many hairs, but I expect they will if I let her go a while. She is almost ready for harvest obviously, and I'll see about that as the days go by.

In this last pic, you can see a bud growing out of a leaf! I've seen this online, but never in person. Pretty cool!

All in all things are going well, I'm impressed by the vegetative growth on the BBKxAK47 and going into flowering stretch, she is doing nicely. The rest are coming along good, so I'm pretty damn happy with the overall grow at this point.

Not much to say about the pots, they are a bit wider than normal 5-gallon pails I've seen, bought em to make wine, but I grow better cannabis. :Rasta:

I found that when I water the plants with about 2.5L of water, there is little to no run-off, and that's what I feed them every day or 2 when in flower. With that I developed a super scientific feeding method. I have a screw in the bottom of the pail, and I unscrew it to see if its wet or not. If not, then I feed. If wet, no feed. It might seem odd, but I don't use a whole lot of nutrients, and I re-compost and flip the soil every cycle, so it seems to work well. The downfall is that if you get carried away with the water, you can easily drown the plant and it can be very hard to recover without more drainage and aeration.

Back
Top Bottom