CannabisMan420s Perpetual Grow 2022

Yo yo, back this week with lots of buds and some nice pre-flowering stretch on the BBKxAK47.

Up first, smallest to largest is the OGK seed #13 checking in with some nice fat leaves and stout growth. She has had the bottom three sets of branches removed, and has been topped, leaving her set up nicely for some more quadlining.

Next up is the Blueberry Kush X AK47 and she is stretching out nicely, getting bigger than the other plants at just over 2x2'. I let her grow upward a bit, because she was fighting back on the training, and just re-trained her out to the sides a bit. She gonna be fat!

And onto more OG Kush, seed #12 is doing fine, getting into the fattening up portion of budding, as she starts to put on some circumference to the buds. She is sucking up lots and lots of water, but other than that, she is too stiff to train outwards, so I've just been letting her do her thing.

Lastly the beautiful purple OGK seed #11, doing fantastic. I plan to harvest her on Wednesday, giving me a full 1.5 weeks for drying, then I can trim during the weekend. Still gotta check the trichs, but I assume she is about ready.

Finally, a wide shot of the view.

Another week, another harvest. This last Tuesday was chop day for the OGK seed #11, and she has been stinking up the place ever since. The full plant will hang for about 10 days since I have a good level of humidity in the drying room right now (58-62% humidity @ 21-22C) Here is a crappy picture of her, after the chop:

OGK seed #13 is on day 27 of growth, and I will begin training her sideways soon. I pulled off the first sets of branches, and will let most of the others grow from here while quad-lining. The lower leaves are yellowing slightly around the edges, not sure if a deficiency or just a lack of watering.

Blueberry Kush x AK47 has gotten a bit out of hand with the stretching. I didn't expect so much stretch, else I would have tried to train her out sideways a bit more. I any case, she is a beast of a plant compared to the others. It seems I am getting better at this with each plant!

OGK seed #12 is on day 58 of flower, and showing no signs of stopping soon. Going to be another week or two for sure.
There is slight purpling on some of the leaves, but not so much as the previous OGK.

Finally, a shot of the overall scenery:

I should probably pop another seed here pretty soon. Not sure what I will plant.
Can't wait to trim, weigh and try out this OGK though! Looking and smelling great!

Saturday! Time for another update.

Things have been going pretty good, with the exception of my latest harvest. There were some problems with humidity close to harvest, and I developed a slight bit of mold again on some of my top buds. It doesn't seem to have gotten inside the buds, just a tiny bit on the outside. No pictures because I kind of freaked out, cut the branches and threw it right in the garbage.

I've mostly addressed the high humidity problems, and getting into the fall and winter it shouldn't be a problem. Too low of humidity is usually the issue.

Onto tha weed... First up is the newly sprouted Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 that I found pretty nice the last time I grew it. She is only 3 days old.

Next up, in training to be the next big thing is OG Kush seed #13 which is being trained into a rectangular shape in attempts to fill the grow space as much as possible with 2 big plants, sometimes 3.

Onto the flowering plants with Blueberry Kush x AK47 which is coming along nicely. Again this was a freebie, but she is growing pretty nicely. Didn't expect her to stretch this much, so I'm guessing she will be a long flowering plant, based on how long she took to flower plus the stretch. I've been training her outward, but the center flowers have kind of taken over with nowhere to go, so I've let her go a bit. She should still end up pretty nice.

Last but not least is the OG Kush seed #12 which is late in flowering and maybe a week or so away from harvest. The leaves are purple around the edges, wherever there are crystals mostly. She is looking very nice!

As usual, a final shot of the view in flowering:

Still waiting for the last harvest of OGK to dry, but will update once the weed is dried and weighed.

@Azimuth I've taken a look at the SIP watering system and have to say I'm intrigued. I think it would allow me to water a lot less often and not worry about overwatering. Might be something I'll implement over the winter, but we'll have to see if I get creative.

peace!

@Azimuth I've taken a look at the SIP watering system and have to say I'm intrigued. I think it would allow me to water a lot less often and not worry about overwatering. Might be something I'll implement over the winter, but we'll have to see if I get creative.
No and yes. :laughtwo:

You'll probably water more often once the plants get going since they'll drain the reservoir every day, but you'll never overwater since the plant waters itself from the available resource. And, extra water and the built in air source for the roots means healthier, happier and bigger plants, so depending on your space, training like you do on the others can be very helpful.

You can buy the inserts to convert a 5 gallon bucket for about $15 each, or they're really easy to make yourself which I have to do because mine are much smaller and the commercial ones are all for 5 gallon buckets. I've made them in 9oz, 1L, and 2G sizes.

@Azimuth Well I was bored one day and made myself a SIP bucket with parts lying around. I will be trying this out on one of my plants coming up! Looking forward to it!

Also looking forward to the OGK seed #12 I harvested yesterday. She is looking mighty nice:

The Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 is coming along nicely, growing short and fat with nice looking leaves:

The OGK seed #13 is coming along nicely too, being quad-lined. Its hard to see the structure, but she will start coming together nicely soon. I need to start training the inner branches now, as the outer branches have slowed growth with all the inner growth going on unrestrained.

I got a number of shots of the BBKxAK47 plant since she is pretty massive and looks quite different under different lighting conditions. She is showing lots of crystals with a nice light scent, so I expect her to end up a very nice plant.

And finally, my last harvest I got just over 3 ounces of OG Kush. I would have gotten 6+ but I threw away most of it due to mold from having too much humidity in the late stages of flowering and drying. I let the latest plant dry out for almost a week, with no watering at all before the chop. The leaves had wilted and dried up quite a bit before harvest, so I'm hoping things are under control now.

I bet its not hard to guess what my next plant will be lol. Time to pop another seed!

@Azimuth Well I was bored one day and made myself a SIP bucket with parts lying around. I will be trying this out on one of my plants coming up! Looking forward to it!
Awesome! :thumb:

What design style did you go with?

Also looking forward to the OGK seed #12 I harvested yesterday. She is looking mighty nice:
Really nice!

And finally, my last harvest I got just over 3 ounces of OG Kush. I would have gotten 6+ but I threw away most of it due to mold from having too much humidity in the late stages of flowering and drying. I let the latest plant dry out for almost a week, with no watering at all before the chop. The leaves had wilted and dried up quite a bit before harvest, so I'm hoping things are under control now.
And maybe you got a bit of the Draughting effect by doing so. The draught causes a self-presevation response from the plant which causes the cannabinoids to increase and gives you a more potent harvest.

I bet its not hard to guess what my next plant will be lol. Time to pop another seed!
I started a new plant about three weeks ago. Once it got a little tail I planted it straight into its final container, a SIP pot. It took about two weeks to get in gear but now is growing like crazy.

Are you planning to use your new SIP pot for it?

I don't really know much about the different design styles, I just grabbed two regular 5-gallon buckets that fit together with lots of room at the bottom then cut a hole in the middle matching some small plastic pots I have. Then I drilled holes in the small pot and put it in the hole. Drilled another hole for the feeding tube, a 1" plastic tube, and instead of a drain hole, I attached a small tube to show me how full the water level is. I think I need to drill some more holes in the main bucket, then I think I will line it with newspaper or something to keep it from clogging up.

Thanks, I hope it comes out nice and potent! The OGK is usually pretty good regardless, but an extra bump in potency and terps would be nice.

I AM planning to use the SIP pot for my next plant. I'll be starting it in the SIP bucket because I hate transplanting and I usually end up stunting the plants for like a week. I think I will have to top feed until the seedling gets going, but I will still be using the SIP part of the bucket for drainage and aeration etc. I know how the OGK grows normally, so it will be an interesting experiment for sure!

instead of a drain hole, I attached a small tube to show me how full the water level is.
The drainage hole is an important part of the design. I'm assuming your indicator tube is set way down low? If so, another open overflow hole is a good idea. That one should be made about an inch below where the inner bucket bottom will be. This ensures that an air gap of that difference will always be present and is what I'm convinced is the real magic behind these pots.

And really, you won't need the water level gage after a few weeks since the plant will be draining the reservoir every day at least. @Buds Buddy said he fills his reservoirs sometimes a couple of times a day.

I think I need to drill some more holes in the main bucket, then I think I will line it with newspaper or something to keep it from clogging up.
The inner bucket should have three sets of holes. One large one like you have for your connector pot, the second for your fill tube, and the third is a bunch of small drainage holes in the bottom which double as an avenue for the roots to get more air.

I make that set with a soldering iron, but a small drill bit would work as well. And don't line the bottom with newspaper or anything. You want the air to freely reach the roots. Just moisten your soil well before putting it in and it will hold together enough to keep from falling through those small holes.

And remember to pack the soil down well in the connector cup to help the wicking action.

I AM planning to use the SIP pot for my next plant. I'll be starting it in the SIP bucket because I hate transplanting and I usually end up stunting the plants for like a week.
I really think it's best  not to up-pot into the SIPs, but just start the plant right off in them. The medium moisture level is different from a normal pot and the plant will grow different roots for that environment. I've found it takes a good couple of weeks for that process to occur so might as well get it out of the way right up front.

I think I will have to top feed until the seedling gets going, but I will still be using the SIP part of the bucket for drainage and aeration etc.
If you plant a seed directly into the SIP you should only have to water from the top a time or two max. The tap root will grow to the bottom of the pot quite quickly (within a few days) where it has access to all the water it wants.

I know how the OGK grows normally, so it will be an interesting experiment for sure!
Be prepared to be amazed at how your gowing skills just improved!

I've been trimming the OGK seed #12 all last night and this morning, got through almost half of it, and I'm sitting on 3 ounces, so the total harvest should work out to about 6 or 6.5 ounces for this little plant. Not too bad at all, considering I was getting 3 to 4 ounces at best back in the days of my 400w HPS and no tent.
With everything I learn here, my harvests are getting better and better!

Not too much for pics this week, I've been busy trimming, so forgot to get shots of the flowering plants as the light comes on. Its not really worth taking pics under the yellow HPS lighting, so I'll post some shots next week.

For now, here is the OGK seed #14 which is only 3 days old. She is growing in a SIP bucket, so I probably won't have to top-water much if at all from this point.

Up next is the Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 which is 17 days old and growing nicely. She was topped a number of days ago, with the bottom two sets of branches removed, being set up for quad-lining.

Today is day 6 of flower for OGK seed #13, and I broke one of the main stalks the other day, not paying attention when training her and she broke. I tried to tape it up, but there wasn't much left for it to hang on to so it fell off. I still expect her to grow ok.
The The buds on the BBKxAK47 are getting nice and fat and she is sucking up a lot of water.

Back to trimming this mountain of weed :confused:

Saturday! Here after another week of growing with some shots of the ladies.

First up is OG Kush seed #14 after 10 full days of being out of the soil. She is growing a bit odd compared to my previous OGK plants, not sure if genetics or because of the SIP bucket or what. She seems healthy so I'll just keep her watered and see how she grows.

Next up is Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 seed #2. Branching is nice and thick and she will be ready for training soon.

Up next is OGK seed #13, which is a bit unlucky. She seems to be a bit of a runt and I'm not expecting her to stretch a huge amount. Next to the BBK plant, she looks pretty small.

Saving the best for last, the BBK x AK47 seed #3. Here she is on day 52 of flower and nowhere near finished. Still putting on bulk, she should go for a good while yet. Not too stinky, pretty crystally, and growing very nice is how I would describe this plant. She hasn't dropped many bottom leaves yet either but some of the top leaves seem to be lightening up a bit. It will be nice to harvest this plant but trimming it all will be a bitch. I can see a lot of small nugs going into the trim/edibles piles.

First up is OG Kush seed #14 after 10 full days of being out of the soil. She is growing a bit odd compared to my previous OGK plants, not sure if genetics or because of the SIP bucket or what. She seems healthy so I'll just keep her watered and see how she grows.
I find mine take 2-3 weeks to get adjusted to the constantly moist soil and during that time they tend to look a bit over-watered which is really the roots not getting enough oxygen. During that time they are changing their root structure to adapt to the new realities. And don't water the soil from the top, only through the fill tube.

But once that happens, wow, they take off.

Plants are looking great, CMan. :thumb:

Starting off this week, is the OGK seed #14 in the SIP bucket and damn! She is growing very nicely, starting to fill the space in the bucket and stretching out a bit. I only have her under a 40w LED, so she is now a bit starved for light, but the next plant in line will be ready to put into flower soon, so she should get to be under a 100w LED for a while before flowering. She is looking a bit taller and lankier than my typical OG Kush plants, so I'm attributing some of it to genetics and a bunch to the new bucket. She keeps looking slightly over watered, but I've been able to see the growth daily since she has been putting on lots of weight. I topped her at 11 days veg.

Up next is Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 seed #2 at 28 days veg. Setting her up for more quadlining, before and after shot of todays training exercises.

Next up in flowering is OG Kush seed #13, a bit of a runt but lots of branching going on, so there will still be a lot of tops. The center branches got a bit out of hand, so they have all been topped. She should still produce some nice flower, if not a lot of it.

Last up is Blueberry Kush X AK47 seed #3 at day 59 flower, showing no signs of slowing up. There are a good number of red hairs showing, but none of the leaves have started getting really yellow. They are lightening up a bit, but she is still putting on weight and sucking up lots of water. I assumed this would be a long flowering plant just by the stretch and how long it took to flower initially.

Finally a shot of the flowering area:

@Azimuth I top watered the SIP bucket twice because the fish feed I have doesn't really mix well with water, so it would end up as a sludge on the bottom of the pail otherwise. I did this before planting and once a bit after sprouting with only 1 liter of water. Now the reservoir is only slightly depleted after over a week of no watering, so I expect to not have to really feed until flowering, and I will be using the feeding tube. This is working very well so far, can't wait to see what it does as the plant matures! Looks like this one 'took off' from the very beginning!

Looking great CMan! Post some of your SIP pics over in #SIP Club and include a link back to this thread. It's great to see a wide variety of growers having success with these pots.

@Krissi Carbone waters her pots from the top regularly with great results. So, I still maintain its all about the air gap. That's the hidden magic with these pots.

I find that when I water from the top, that slows drinking from the reservoir for a few days. Maybe it has to do with wet moving toward dry but the top also being wet short-circuits that for a bit? Don't really know but it also doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Beautiful stuff here CMan!!

Thanks for the tag Azi and I have to agree with the air gap comment. I'd lack my growing success if this was all about bottom feeding.

Really enjoy your set up and yes, please, come over to Azi's SIP thread and bring pics!

I'd lack my growing success if this was all about bottom feeding.
That also has a lot to do with the style of pot you use. I got the same kind after reading The Rev's True Living Organics book. But my grow space is pretty small so I got the two gallon pots but found I could only put 6oz I think in the bottom reservoir.

Now I have a two gallon bucket and I can put at least 32oz down the fill tube which the plant drinks every day in flower.

But, just goes to show there are lots of ways to grow with these things and all of them seem to work great. :thumb:

Thanks for the complements!

There definitely seems to be some sort of 'magic' going on with these buckets. I already have been checking out the thread, I'll jump in when I have some more pics. I have a feeling we will really see some solid growth now so it should be worth the wait.

That also has a lot to do with the style of pot you use.
Oh, yes, for sure!!!
I got the same kind after reading The Rev's True Living Organics book. But my grow space is pretty small so I got the two gallon pots but found I could only put 6oz I think in the bottom reservoir.
You know, I need that boom. Heard it referenced far too much for me not to grab it.
Now I have a two gallon bucket and I can put at least 32oz down the fill tube which the plant drinks every day in flower.
In the 2 gl?
But, just goes to show there are lots of ways to grow with these things and all of them seem to work great. :thumb:
So many ways to grow these plants I think we are just honing in on some better ways as of lately is all! Between these and the droughting I mean, sheesh.
Thanks for the complements!

There definitely seems to be some sort of 'magic' going on with these buckets. I already have been checking out the thread, I'll jump in when I have some more pics. I have a feeling we will really see some solid growth now so it should be worth the wait.
Me thinks so too CMan! I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised and won't got back to anything other than these moving forward

Back
Top Bottom