CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013-14

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise, Dawgfather, Rawdawg - Soil, LED + CFL 2013-14

as you know i am not an expert so i'm not good at the deficiency diagnosis but overall you are doing well, the new growth is the key
if the damage had stayed at the tips i would think nute burn or perhaps a little heat stress but crawling down the leaf gives me doubts, need an expert here
some are just diva's and react a bit different go figure lol
anyway hang in there and hope you get to feeling better
good luck and take care

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise, Dawgfather, Rawdawg - Soil, LED + CFL 2013-14

Happy Munchday CannaMeds :thumb:

the small leaves yellowing at the bottom of your plant is a sign it requires more nitrogen then you are supplying and time to start a 1/4 strength dosage of nutrients if you have not begun to already. your leaf damage appears to either be a deficiency or a nutrient lock out due to pH. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Happy Tokerday CannaMeds :thumb:

the small leaves yellowing at the bottom of your plant is a sign it requires more nitrogen then you are supplying and time to start a 1/4 strength dosage of nutrients if you have not begun to already. your leaf damage appears to either be a deficiency or a nutrient lock out due to pH. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Hi KingJohnC, thanks for all the great pics, links and info.

I thought it was a Magnesium deficiency. I had the same problem briefly when it was younger and the nutes cleared it up. Now it came back more wide spread. I did give it epsom salt, and it seemed to like that for a bit. I'm not quite sure yet. The already damaged leaves are getting worse, as I suspected they would. I'm trying to keep an eye on the new growth to see if it's healthy.

I think my PH is in the normal range, but when I tested the run off before the epsom salts, it did seem slightly high. It doesn't need water yet, so I'm not sure what I should do yet.

Do you think I should give it more epsom salt at next watering? should I mix in some nutes? Maybe I can naturally lower the PH a bit as well.

Thanks again for the help.

Happy Tokerday CronicHempster!

to correct a pH lockout I would flush your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size or until your runoff pH is the same as your input pH. when I flush my pots I take them to the bathtub and place them on a milk crate to let the plants drain.

and its Weednsday
Have a good one CannaMeds :thumb:

busy is good
Happy Freeweed day :thumb:

So, I visited a connection yesterday and I'm excited to say that he has promised me a cutting of Harlequin! ( when they are ready )

All the little plants aren't so little anymore. Everyone is looking pretty healthy. I gave them just a little bit of nutes a couple of days ago. Some of them needed it as there were some minor signs of potential deficiency looming. I also adjusted the ph up a bit to about 6.4 or 6.5 or so.

The deficiency, besides those odd yellow leaves ( which are still yellow today , was looking like some small brown spots as well as a bit of paleness oncoming on some of the lower leaves.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them right now, they are all getting big fast. Outgrowing the current lighting arrangement. I can't wait for my new veg light to arrive.

I look forward to starting some LST on them. I haven't decided if I'll top them or not yet. I might just bend the tops over slowly. I can't wait to find out what sex they are.
I wouldn't be too upset if one or two of the good ones turned out to be male. I would capture some pollen.

The clone is hanging in. The damaged leaves from the deficiency attack started to look pretty bad, so yesterday I cut some of them off. I'm still not sure of the fate of this plant. I'm unhappy with the soil she's in, it just doesn't drain well and it stays too wet for too long at the bottom. I think she needs a PH adjustment ( down ) and probably some more nutes at this point, but I don't want to soak her again yet. Time will tell if she'll make it or not.

a little nute burn is like a right of passage if there are people who have never had at least a minor problem or two
they are far superior to anyone i have followed
the damaged leaves are damaged for good and will usually deteriorate, it is the new growth you must focus on
remember do not -panic at every sign of difference, they go through some growing pains sometimes
keep up the good work and take care

a little nute burn is like a right of passage if there are people who have never had at least a minor problem or two
they are far superior to anyone i have followed
the damaged leaves are damaged for good and will usually deteriorate, it is the new growth you must focus on
remember do not -panic at every sign of difference, they go through some growing pains sometimes
keep up the good work and take care

Excellent advice. Thanks Yoyo. I shall not panic.

I have three strains going and they all react a bit differently to the conditions. Perhaps on one where I was sure there was a deficiency was just a PH issue. The PH was a bit low before I last watered / fed them, and I adjusted it. All of the new growth looks great.
I'm going to let them ride for now, despite the burn and a few damaged lower leaves. I'm not worried that their lives are threatened, more just that I want them perfect!

The clone is somehow hanging on, but it's not as healthy as I would like. I need to flush some water through there to check the PH. I thinks she wants some nutes too. Hopefully there is enough epsom salt in there from last time that I don't need to give that to her again. But I'll hold out another week on that decision.

Pictures soon...

Happy Sativaday Cannamed :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom