CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013-14

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Good morning and happy Skunkday to you Beemer, thanks for reading.

Also, thanks for the Gas Lantern Routine link, I might want to try that in the future to save a few bucks.

Do you have a current journal?

Good evening weed CannaibsMeds. I don't have a current journal but i put some pictures on cronichemphog journal every once in awhile. I'm growing harlequin and royal medic which are high CBD strains and a indica cross. Pakistan Chitral Kush/Afghani Bullrider. Just switched to flowering hours last night. Give the GLR a try, you'll like it. :cheesygrinsmiley: I use the Diminishing Light Schedule also and I have had good result from that or at least no bad results.

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Good evening weed CannaibsMeds. I don't have a current journal but i put some pictures on cronichemphog journal every once in awhile. I'm growing harlequin and royal medic which are high CBD strains and a indica cross. Pakistan Chitral Kush/Afghani Bullrider. Just switched to flowering hours last night. Give the GLR a try, you'll like it. :cheesygrinsmiley: I use the Diminishing Light Schedule also and I have had good result from that or at least no bad results.

Cool, I'll look for your pics on CronHempster's journal. I've never heard of Royal Medic, sounds good. I'm in line to get a cut of Harlequin soon, I can't wait.

I definitely plan on trying the GLR and the DLS just makes sense to me. Can you switch from 18/6 to GLR at any time without any problems that you know of? ( or should I wait until my next grow? )

I hope your plants flower beautifully!

Happy Skunkday Evening to you CronHempster!

Hi CannabisMeds great looking grow you have here. I am going to be following along closely to this one. I am saving a mother slot for a high CBD strain and I think the pennywise is gonna be the one. Is yours from a clone or are they from TGA seeds? I haven't tried any TGA strains yet but I spent most of this weekend researching a lot of them trying to pick one and they all look super fantastic. I really just want to order a 5 pack of each one and try them all lol but unfortunately that can't happen. I decided on the Plush Berry it looks super yummy and seems like no matter what pheno you get its gonna be a some killer meds. Keep up the good work I cant wait to hear how she smokes.

Hey Smokey, welcome and thanks for the compliment.

So far I'm really loving the Pennywise genetics! I just hope both of my PW plants are females and that the phenos are high CBD. I think they said it's a 70% chance. I did have a hard time germinating the Pennywise seeds, but there's a good chance that was my fault. ( So yes, they are both from seed ) At this point I will definitely try more TGA seeds in the future.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll check out your journal!

Happy Munchday CannaMeds :thumb:

Really quick update with one pic. I will upload more pics tomorrow, I'm tired and I must sleep!

I transplanted 5 out of 8 plants tonight, but I ran out of soil ( for the mix that I was doing ). I still had some of the rich soil, but I'm saving most of that for the final transplant. I'll explain that when I do my big update.

The one pic I'm uploading is a snap of the garden right before the transplant and change up. This is 7 days or so since my last pictures. All of the plants were pretty root bound by this point, as I expected. The only one that wasn't was the one in the fabric pot, which had the roots air pruned. I wonder if this is why it bushed so well? Makes me wonder. I still have a lot of work to do in the veg area but I ran out of time tonight. It's still the holiday here and things aren't quite normal yet, but soon.

Anyway, here's the last pic before the transplant started. I'll try to find the time to do a more thorough post tomorrow with more pics. However, I still have a few more transplants and some light adjustments before the space is ready for the next few weeks. I'm happy so far though and I think they are going to be very happy.

plants_preTrans_1230.jpg

Happy Tokerday Cannameds :thumb:

Looking really good CannaMeds and a Happy Tokerday to ya.

Happy Weednsday CannaMeds
And a Happy Prosperous Fruitful new years to you :thumb:

Ok, Journal update, last day of the year, 2013. First of all, happy New Year to everyone at 420! Let's hope it's a great one. I have a good feeling about it. :)

So yesterday I started the big transplant. I decided to mix FFOF with Super Soil 50/50 at this stage and save the rest of the Super Soil for my final transplant in 3-4 weeks from now. I ran out of FF soil after 5 full transplants ( the other pots are half full and waiting ) Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish the other transplants for a couple more days, because I can't get more soil until then.

The most interesting thing during the transplant was the difference in roots from the fabric pot and the plastic pots. I will definitely experiment with more of the 1 gallon fabric pots for clones in the future to see if they have an effect on how the plant grows. The main plant in the fabric pot stayed really nice and bushy.

The new pots are square 3 gallon pots. I like them because they are compact, but hold more soil than their round counter parts. I drill extra holes in all of the pots and put some hydroton in the bottom to help with drainage and oxygen for the roots. I also like the plastic for training as I can more easily drill holes in the pot and tie branches down.

However, I'm planning on using 7 gallon square fabric pots for the final transplant.

Since I went 50/50 on the soil, I don't know if I'll need any nutes, but if I do, it won't be much and it will only be in the last week.

Wow, that mycorrhizae really works awesome...
roots_1230.jpg

soilbags.jpg

From 1 gallon or small to 3 gallon - for now

pots_ready_1230.jpg

Another view of Pennywise 1, I love this plant. I sure hope it's female.
PW1b_1230.jpg

trans_1230.jpg

bothPW_1230.jpg

Here are most of them post transplant. Two of them are on the side and have to wait now until Thursday.
garden_posttrans_1230.jpg

So that's it for today! The pictures are only so so quality as the camera I have isn't the best. Plus things look a little distorted with it's super wide angle lens. But you get the idea!

I can't wait to see what they do over the next few weeks. Now, I must go water them!

Thanks for viewing! :Namaste:

Well, I was about to tend to the clone, which I hadn't touched or even watered for over a week. I lifted the pot off the saucer and I found - BUGS! AHHGHGHGH!

Some little white lookin' bugs. Not sure if they are mites or what they are. It was moist under there and they loved it. I have no idea if the came from the bad soil that was used with that plant or what. I haven't seen them anywhere else in the garden at this point. I also haven't used that soil with any other plants. I'm really hoping that was the extent of them. I'm going to do a thorough cleaning in there to disinfect the ground and trays, etc.

Needless to say, that clone plant is toast. I'm not going to bother continuing to struggle with it. It's become a waste of space, time and soil. So out it goes today. Hopefully all the bugs along with it.

I'm going to try and capture a pic of what I found, so that maybe someone can identify what exactly it is.

Fingers crossed that this isn't a larger infestation that I don't know about. But yesterday during my transplant, I saw nothing suspect. I'm going to have to investigate the leaves a bit to make sure they are also clean.

So here is a magnified view of the white larvae like bugs that were swimming in the small pool of water beneath the clone. Not sure what they are really. Anyone have a clue?

bugs9.jpg

I think these are likely blind springtail.

I think I'll try to take some clones of this plant and then ditch that pot to get rid of them. I don't think they are too dangerous though. Hopefully they are from the bad soil.

I wish I had some clonex or something though. I guess I'll just keep the cuttings in some water for now? Or should I go straight into soil?

Soonest I could get any clonex stuff will be Thursday I think. Damn holidays! lol

Cannabismed your girls are looking good. In the practice of repotting I wouldn't put anything on the bottom of the pot like hydroton or gravel or whatever. It stops the natural drainage of the soil. It's best to just have the soil to the bottom and you will have better drainage. There was a discussion in BARs journal about this. When you repot again just get rid of the hydroton and put soil to the bottom. I wouldn't do anything until then. Happy New Year :cheer:

Cannabismed your girls are looking good. In the practice of repotting I wouldn't put anything on the bottom of the pot like hydroton or gravel or whatever. It stops the natural drainage of the soil. It's best to just have the soil to the bottom and you will have better drainage. There was a discussion in BARs journal about this. When you repot again just get rid of the hydroton and put soil to the bottom. I wouldn't do anything until then. Happy New Year :cheer:

Interesting. Thanks. I always thought it was best to put something like that down there. Although with the fabric pot, I didn't. I always felt like it helped with drainage actually. But it does limit the amount of soil the container holds.

The next transplant will be going into fabric pots, so no rocks or hydroton! Thanks again Beemer and Happy New Year!

Cannabismed when water is draining through the soil and comes to a different layer it will stop and won't go into the next layer until all the air is out of the soil and it will perch there until the weight of the water moves it into the next layer. It's not good for air permeation or drying out. You will have more salt buildup at that point also.

I use grow stones in the bottoms of my pot plastic or fabric. I think I always get better yields with the fabric pots with the stones on the bottoms(this stops compaction). I rotate my plants every day and i think the movement prunes more roots and helps the plant get bigger in the smaller container. :bong: :):morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom