CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013-14

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise, Dawgfather, Rawdawg - Soil, LED + CFL 2013-14

Nice set up Meds I am going to start my first grow here soon and I am looking around at other peoples journals to get an idea of things to come. Best of luck to you with the grow I'll be keeping up to date with your grow.

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise, Dawgfather, Rawdawg - Soil, LED + CFL 2013-14

Happy Tokerday Canna :thumb:
Welcome to 420 mag Mr Flex

Thanks King, I'll check out the link.

Happy Tokerday Chronic! How's the weather over on the islands today?

Welcome Flex, thanks for the good wishes. Good luck to you and keep us posted when you start a journal so we can check out your setup.
Oh and welcome to 420. I guess I can say that now too. Even though I'm still new here myself.

rainy in the am then cleared up nicely
but cleared up too late for the plans I had for the day ugh

Update. I can finally upload pictures again.

So yesterday I gave everyone a treatment of the Mycorrhizae, and I also watered all of the smaller plants really thoroughly. I also gave them just a dash of Buddha Grow. I know they aren't supposed to need nutes yet, but it was such a light amount, I think they can handle it. It may have even helped the yellow one turn green. Either that or the CFL did it. I have no idea how long it takes for this Micorrhizae stuff to work.

The Blue Cheese clone got new top soil yesterday. I was planning on giving her nutes tomorrow, but I noticed today some paleness already in some of the newer leaves, so I gave her a nice watering with nutes a day early. I think she really needs it. Maybe that, along with the soil and the Micorrhizae will giver her a needed health boost. Her stems are still red. I would love to fix that.

Finally, my favorite, the oldest Pennywise youngster is really looking healthy so far. I thinks it is poised to take off here! It has little branches coming in now. And the node length, so far, is pretty tight. I can live with it.

I ordered a new veg LED light to replace the UFO. I don't know if I'll keep the UFO or not. I will be getting a new light a littler later for flowering.

Ok, that's the update for this evening! Thanks for looking and have a great night /day.

Pennywise 1: My pride and joy so far

pw1_1210.jpg

Pennywise 1 side view: Little branches coming in!

pw1side_1210.jpg

All the young ones
seedlings_1210.jpg

The two healthiest young ones: Pennywise 2 and Rawdawg 2

PW2_RD2_1210.jpg

This is the yellow runt, no longer yellow!

yellowrunt_healthy1210.jpg

The other young droopin ones. The Rawdawg 1 in the back corner has really recovered nicely. The two Dawgfathers are still curling down a bit, but I think they are slowly recovering also.

DFall_RD1_1210.jpg

Finally, the Blue Cheese Clone: She got some more LST

BC_clone_1210.jpg

Someday, when I'm more flush, I'd like to experiment and try building my own DIY LED light, using Cree LEDs.

While I was browsing ebay, I came across this:

31440.JPG

Something like this might be an incredibly efficient and affordable supplemental LED light. You can get it in multiple temps too.

looking good! nice turn around
keep up the good work
onward to victory!

Happy Thurweed day CannaMed :thumb:

Thanks Yuyo, the little ones are looking great today!

However, the larger clone isn't so happy. It looks like the Magnesium deficiency is back. I also noticed that two tips are brown, which I suppose is nutrient burn, but then again, I guess it could be part of the deficiency.

I guess I need to buy some epsom salts.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

So today, all the young ones are looking pretty darn good. I'm feeling happy about their recovery, and relieved.

The bigger Blue Cheese clone, however, was starting to show signs of suffering.

Mainly, the Magnesium ( I believe ) deficiency returned AND a couple of the bigger fan leaves showed burned tips.

I mixed up a gallon of water with epsom salt and gave that all to her this evening, hoping to give her the magnesium she craves. I wouldn't really call it a flush. But I'm going to keep an eye on her closely. I may have to correct course again. It would be nice to get her healthy.

( She has had a rough start. She never looked that great as a clone when I brought her home, and she got transplanted into some pretty poor soil. Much different than what the young ones are in now. If I can fix her, she'll get a much better home on her final transplant. )

Hope everyone is growin' green and feeling fine.

The best rooting mediums I've used for the first 3 weeks of a seedling's life seem to have little or no nutrients in them. I paper towel germinate with RO water, put the open seedling into straight Roots Organic soil, then do absolutely no feeding (just RO waterings) for that first 3 weeks. I won't move off this method; not as well as it works for me.

:peace:

The best rooting mediums I've used for the first 3 weeks of a seedling's life seem to have little or no nutrients in them. I paper towel germinate with RO water, put the open seedling into straight Roots Organic soil, then do absolutely no feeding (just RO waterings) for that first 3 weeks. I won't move off this method; not as well as it works for me.

This sounds good PotChimp. I need to get into RO water. I read good things about it. I would also like to try the Roots Organic soil. I like Roots stuff so far, and I'm all about organic.

Thank you Dennise, for the good wishes. I hope your garden is green and healthy today.

:)

organic is always good at least even if you don't flush it the best you know your not inhaling chemicals
Happy Sativaday CannaMeds :thumb:

Ok, quick update. I haven't posted pics in a while. I'm not feelin' 100% so this will be fairly quick tonight.

PennyWise 1 looking pretty healthy, although two lower leaf tips are a little brown. Looks like perhaps a little nute burn? Keeping a close eye on this.

pw1_1215c.jpg

PennyWise 1 side view. Pretty decent node length so far.
PWside_1215.jpg

Here's a view of all the young ones. A bit washed out. My little cam doesn't like the lights.
All of them are looking pretty good. I think the recovery is complete at this point! ( I've moved them around since last pictures )
youngones_1215.jpg

This is PennyWise 2 close up. Look at the little yellow leaves on just one side. Looks like a nitrogen shortage to me, but the rest of the plant is healthy? Any ideas? I've moved it around so that those leaves would get more light. Still yellow.
pw2_1215.jpg

df_1215.jpg

Generally, I think the clone has enjoyed the Epsom salts and all the new growth looks good, but I still feel like it's growing slowly and is a bit thin.
clone1_1215.jpg

Here's a close up of some of the Magnesium deficiency ( I think ) on the clone. There are even some burnt tips on a number of leaves. I still don't know if this is due to the deficiency or if there is also nute burn going on.
clone_deficiency_1215.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope you're having a great evening or day, wherever you are.

As always, any feedback is much appreciated.

Happy Skunkday CannaMeds :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom