Carbon filter recycle air?

JdMTB

Ho all, I'm waiting on a carbon filter to arrive, I would love me to know why I shouldn't run the hose back into the tent for more air movement. Am I recycling dead air?

Thanks in advance

I'd have thought so yeah. Unless you had plenty of fresh air coming in through another intake too. Plus that air getting pumped back in will be the warm humid air so you might get issues with that too. No expert though, just my thoughts.

At the moment this is a No Brainer :cough:

As you are recycling dead air so to speak... which has a temperature & how do you think this going to effect you grow conditions ? Yes what ever you have chosen for lighting may give off some heat ya gonna pump this through ya tent 24/7 not so cool.

But I'm assuming a grow tent & that plants need to breath - day time/lights on, Co2 in & night time/lights off Co2 out that is plant breathing through a natural cycle... should not be not to hard to understand after some basic science.

At some point you need FRESH input.

Other wise on a far out note - a closed loop system aka dehumidifier / AC / Co2 - Headache !

I pull air out of the tent into a carbon filter in the same room.

I just stand the filter on end with the pump on top and run flexible tubing to one end of the tent.

Have fans running several places so air movement happens. Also have air handling equipment (geo heat pump).

I dont bring in fresh air actively.. I will open a window at night for a few hours for fresh air and drop temps temporarily for a few hours.

Thats it. Regarding stale air. Our home is pretty tight but we in and out a lot so fresh air gets in passively.

Back
Top Bottom