Carl Outdoors 2020

CraCraCarl11

This is my 1st grow in over 5 years and 1st with breeder seeds not bag seeds. I started with 5 420 Fast Buds Lemon Ak47 auto fem. 70%Sativa 30% Indica. All germinated and doing fairly well 3 days from breaking ground. Then 5 Samsara Kiss Dragon fem 100% Sativa. All 5 germinated 1 failed sprouting from ground. The Kiss Dragon is behind the Lemon ak47 as I expected 1 being an auto. I'm using a mix of coconut, miraclegro organic, some random person mix, perilite, and vermiculite. I have the fox farms 3 pack when feeding time comes. Pics are from today day 3 from breaking through. 1st 4. And last pics are the lemon then 4 pics of the kiss dragon. Sorry had issues uploading 5th lemon pic so was uploaded last

Attachments

• 20200531_141444.jpg
    20200531_141444.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200531_135532.jpg
    20200531_135532.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200531_135532.jpg
    20200531_135532.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200531_135604.jpg
    20200531_135604.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 20200531_135609.jpg
    20200531_135609.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200531_135623.jpg
    20200531_135623.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200531_135629.jpg
    20200531_135629.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20200531_135634.jpg
    20200531_135634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • 20200531_141401.jpg
    20200531_141401.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200531_135618.jpg
    20200531_135618.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Ok update I will try and give 1 every few days. I still work and have been thru out the pandemic. Even people that work at home improvement stores can be frontline. Anyway the autos are doing good 1 I call alpha is doing nice. The dragon kiss still seem small but I'm only a few days from when they broke soil. Going to let pots run kinda dry. Cause of good old New England there's a 30% chance of rain all week. I will watch rain fall and determine if I need to water. Nutrients I may start on Friday a very weak dose of fox farms. I do need to control water cause with rain the soul hasn't been able to fully dry. Such big containers n small plants I don't want them just stretching roots. Will provide more pics in a few days when more happens.

Also starting 2 new mystery strains. I got seeds off a site that begins with E. I posted a thread bout and it got taken down. I understand why it's a huge conflict thing. But yea will start separate journal called MysterE grow. Supposed to be chemdawg. I tried 3 seeds in napkin losing 1 due to dropsy . All 3 showed tap root 2 survived planting. In a few days will start journal for fun. I stress over current 1s at $9 a seed. I lost 1 and am bummed. Some cheap whatever seeds going have fun. Also who knows could b something

Also this thread and the other journal I will start is partly for me and partly for everyone. For me to document and get help when needed. Also to help others grow outdoors in a bad climate like I am. Yea I've got some grow exp but am no expert. It's been 5 years since I have and I actually dropped a good chunk to do this. Back story I've always smoked to help my clinical depression. I've been giving so many meds for it I feel like an experiment. Fast forward I now have major stenosis in the neck causing me to bulge disks from sneezing. Nothing has helped both like mj. I want to eventually make a balm for my neck to help the aches. Screw pills give me mj

Anyway even if no1 follows my grow/s I want to document for me and honestly everyone. Even if no1 follows them they may search something and see something from my journal/s that will help. Plus I'm a space case and need to document to remember . I can easily get a medical card but for what I would pay for the card and an oz from I dispensary. Well I can get much more if I even halfway succeed though I'm going for 90%. So if you follow any help is cool. If you stumble on this in a few years and it helps purpose served. So peace puff puff pass

Also, really interested to see if you end up going down the path of making your own balm. I imagine there are quite a few people on here who have a lot of experience with this!
Will see I'm sure it isn't easy to make a balm and I probably don't have right strains to. Should be a cbd dominant 1 to make a good 1. Which I may order some seeds to try a cbd strain just would only do 1 plant. I'm already omg did I do too many? Na more the better lol. Especially if I can get half the yield claimed then I can experiment with concentrates and balm. I just got an odd situation cause of covid. Why I have to grow outside. Situation lead me to try a grow after years so the bad became a good. I just want every girl to be healthy and yield a good amount. Screw $50 plus tax for an 8th. That's robbery!

Will see I'm sure it isn't easy to make a balm and I probably don't have right strains to. Should be a cbd dominant 1 to make a good 1. Which I may order some seeds to try a cbd strain just would only do 1 plant. I'm already omg did I do too many? Na more the better lol. Especially if I can get half the yield claimed then I can experiment with concentrates and balm. I just got an odd situation cause of covid. Why I have to grow outside. Situation lead me to try a grow after years so the bad became a good. I just want every girl to be healthy and yield a good amount. Screw $50 plus tax for an 8th. That's robbery!

Hahaha enjoy all your seeds! I'm jealous man. One day I'll do it.

Yeah the pandemic is how all this started for me to begin with, funnily enough!

Ok got major ph issues way to high about 7.5. Add all the rain it's tuff to flush. I finally got a week no rain in forcaste. So do I flush now with moisture still high? Or wait hope the weak 1 mainly makes it thru. They all show signs but 1 is kinda bad. Pics will show bad 1 n ok 1

Attachments

• 20200613_165931.jpg
    20200613_165931.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200613_170002.jpg
    IMG_20200613_170002.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 47
Sorry been awhile since I updated. After much debate I decide to see if I could get 1 out of the planter without damaging the roots. Turns out the original peat pots are pretty much intact and only a little of the root is sticking out the bottom. Probably all the moisture made for lazy roots. Anyway I pulled all of em out no issue which is 1st good thing in a week. I wad stupid trying to jump straight into large pots trying avoid the shock of transplanting especially the autos. It was just too much moisture for such small plants which I feel caused the ph issues. Overall they are fairly healthy just stretching like crazy. 1 of the autos and 1 of the fems are hurting some. All the fems except 2 are stunted. The autos should b further along compared to journals of other people who grew the same strain. Luckily believe I got to them in time and feel my only option is to put them in a smaller planter with soil I ph to 6.5. If I'm lucky the autos will spend 3 more weeks in veg giving em time to recover and grow. The fems I got till August so less of a concern. Just shows what over thinking can do. I should have just done small pots then transplanted. Trying to avoid stressing an stressed em. On the bright side all are still growing and most are still healthy except a tip of a leaf here or 1 small spec of yellow there. The pics that follow u will see the stretched yet healthy 1s and the 2 worst. Overall not bad after not growing in years and crap luck with weather. I'm learning though and am still thinking positive. Fix the issue let em grow and if I yield a little less it's ok. Main thing they live and produce some good buds

Attachments

• 20200615_155639.jpg
    20200615_155639.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200615_155646.jpg
    20200615_155646.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200615_155711.jpg
    20200615_155711.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200615_155726.jpg
    20200615_155726.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 49
After a day of drying some in pet pots I transplanted. Cutting the peat pots n slowly peeling away. Everything went smooth except 1 that had its tap root attached to pot. It did a flip as soil fell away. When I realized such a sad root. It should b ok I've had worse mishaps. Why I'm not down on what happened. I read about going straight to main planter not thinking most were indoors or much better climate. Live n learn. Main thing save em n keep going. Pics tomorrow after 20 so hours in cozier home.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad weather! Good idea to re-transplant them into smaller pots too I feel. I imagine watering them properly in big pots isn't easy, not to mention with the weather doing what it might!
Yea weather my bad really. Should have thought no transplant outside more through. Transplanted all went well. Just gotta hope autos recover n grow more in veg. I got about 2 weeks at best. They may stay in their new 1.7 gallon homes. They supposedly average 2ozs a plant I get a half oz its worth it it. Plus I learned. U know from hatty they can be thru a lot n still give ya something.

After a day of drying some in pet pots I transplanted. Cutting the peat pots n slowly peeling away. Everything went smooth except 1 that had its tap root attached to pot. It did a flip as soil fell away. When I realized such a sad root. It should b ok I've had worse mishaps. Why I'm not down on what happened. I read about going straight to main planter not thinking most were indoors or much better climate. Live n learn. Main thing save em n keep going. Pics tomorrow after 20 so hours in cozier home.

Yeah I have almost missed the root sticking out of the mesh too! Pretty nerve-wracking trying to get it out without severing it haha. I'm sure it'll be just fine.

Yea weather my bad really. Should have thought no transplant outside more through. Transplanted all went well. Just gotta hope autos recover n grow more in veg. I got about 2 weeks at best. They may stay in their new 1.7 gallon homes. They supposedly average 2ozs a plant I get a half oz its worth it it. Plus I learned. U know from hatty they can be thru a lot n still give ya something.

This is why I'm scared to try autos... :p

Yea transplanting was the answer also no rain has helped. Lost the 1 that did the root flop unfourtently. The leaves turned brown n curled up. Should have taken a pic but was wtf. Did my usually trim the dead parts n hope. It's still upright but basically stem no leaves except tiny top 1s. The rest good turn around. Most are still stretched but they've slowed that and are going mostly for leaf n hopefully root growth. So officially down to 5 autos I'm most stressed about. 3 dragon kiss fem which even a retarded looking 1 is doing great now. Don't think I took a pic but has 1 odd looking leaf. I also have an auto that did 1 3 pointed leaf and 1 1 pointed leaf on 1 side and a tiny tiny tiny leaf thing on other side. I imagine with all the mixing of strain types things happen.

Yeah I have almost missed the root sticking out of the mesh too! Pretty nerve-wracking trying to get it out without severing it haha. I'm sure it'll be just fine.

This is why I'm scared to try autos... :p
Yea autos are crazy you need to be ready for any issue and catch right away. I caught mine in time but kinda late. Didn't notice at 1st cause overall ok. Then slowly the stretching was too much. Then I noticed a few tiny brown spots. Checked ph after getting meter n realized planters are too big. Can't do it outdoors like that unless a dry climate. Where I live past few years have been March thru may erratic temps a lot of rain. June nice. July thru August omg humid. Why I will get a fan to move air around even outside help some. Sept erratic temps and random down pours. Oct cooler erratic as can have frost even 1st week then be 60 next nite. Winter is winter just not as cold at time and less snow which I'm cool with. I've actually been looking at the site I got seeds from thinking 1 more pack do 2 outta it and save rest. While looking I noticed autos from Samsara seeds which I got the kiss dragon from. But yea 12 days in veg then flower. 70 days total from seed to harvest with yield they claimed indoors 45 grams outdoors 75 grams. Which be crazy 2 months and up to 2 ozs. U gotta be prepped for that for certain and I imagine indoors be best outdoors again maybe good climate. Why I went with 1s that are 5 weeks in veg at least give me some time to correct which I needed. I went autos mainly cause after weeks shopping and looking and asking who would respond on sites. All said my area they suggest an auto or fast flower. I only got a grow window so big especially living 7 miles from ocean. That makes for crazy weather. So I went with 1 of each. Unfortunately the fast flower 1s I lost 2 of so hoping I can correct n g at to potential in veg. Since they are still driven by light and just have a shorter flower period of about 60 days. Meaning finishing by late September early October. Even mid October be iffy where I live. So yea I was scared and thought good cause I've gotten over an oz of a small plant grown in old soil almost no nutrients. Just worms mainly. Which for some reason no worms at all. My old lift up planter after rain and find a worm or 2 nope. I always had at least 1 to 2 worms per planter. Gotta get some worms! :D But sorry have gone a bit stoned. Just never be scared but never over confident as I have shown. Also never give up on a plant it's still growing then keep going

In closing still got high so to speak hopes for all my plants. I have learned they can be very resilient some more then others. The autos seem to be more resilient than the fems. They are also geared to just grow. If I do get more seeds om not certain what. Have to be a fast grower and now I can say yea I got everything. Just those 12 day then flower be too fast. I wish I had some1 to split a pack of seeds with. Already in deep and another $50 be dipping into my I still gotta pay $60 a 8th money. I will even pay the shipping just give me $8 a bean. Unfourtently I know no1 else that grows they just think bout it. I hate to settle for a bargain strain and not something I want. Kinda what I did with kiss dragon was cheap fem with fast flower. I mean bud is bud but u paying for seeds u want what u want. I wanted lemon ak47 so got it. Then the other to get 10 seeds for $88. But yea peace happy growing

Back
Top Bottom