Carolina Rebel's Grow #2

CarolinaRebel

Since I was somewhat successful with grow #1, I decided to try again. I'm using almost the exact same setup as before, but with a couple of minor changes.

I have 2 plants this time. At 2 weeks old one looks pretty good I think, but there may be some problems with the other. Here are some pics I took earlier today. These were both planted at the same time from bagseed.

I like this one so far.

Not sure what's up with this one yet. This is the first leaf though, the newest ones don't look quite so bad. I'll just have to keep a watch on it.

Here are the current stats:

GH Hydro Grow = 187 PPM
PH = 6.1
Water Temp. = 67.8 F
Room Temp. = 72.8 F
Cabinet Temp. = 76.8 F
Humidity = 46%
Light = 1 30W CFL 24/7

I don't have a grow "room". Believe it or not it's a PC Planter (yeah, yeah I know. Think of it as my sacrifice for the cause).

Having read the question on more than one occasion in this as well as other forums, I decided to get one and settle the matter of whether it works and/or is worth the price.

The short answer...save your money.

I'll be doing a complete review after this grow.

Week 3. Switched to distilled water with Bushmaster for 3 days and then I'll switch to GH Bloom and go to 12/12. Hear's a couple of pics.

I'm not sure if I'll have enough room for these to go all the way, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

While I appreciate the compliments, I must admit to NOT being a "pro", not even close. I have done the same thing you are doing. I lurked here for months before even making my first post.

If you will follow the advice of folks like Smokin Moose, Boss, Urdepal, and a number of others, you'll be able to come up with results like you see here.

And BTW, you're 2nd grow is looking pretty good itself. It will still be awhile before I even think about trying cloning.

While I appreciate the compliments, I must admit to NOT being a "pro", not even close. I have done the same thing you are doing. I lurked here for months before even making my first post.

If you will follow the advice of folks like Smokin Moose, Boss, Urdepal, and a number of others, you'll be able to come up with results like you see here.

And BTW, you're 2nd grow is looking pretty good itself. It will still be awhile before I even think about trying cloning.

When I say PRO I'm referring to any grow with is fully equiped or "fully-loaded" as you will just like yours :cheesygrinsmiley: Going all out with the hydro equipment and that. I have to make do with what I have until I can get back into the work-force again! To any noob your grow is going to impress ;)

And ty for the kind comments in regards to my 2nd grow :grinjoint:

:peace:

The roots look good Boss, nice and white, and steadily growing. I'm pretty sure it's the nute thing. Getting both the nutes and PH balance right was a major chore for me with the 1st grow. I have a digital PH meter now and love it. The air circulation is the same as before and there were no problems then. Also, using the Bushmaster treatment, I went through the same thing last time. It stresses the plant for about 3 days while the application takes effect. It should straighten up in about a week. It could also be that I don't have enough water in the container. I was trying something I read in another forum that suggested lowering the water so it did not come in contact with the net pot, just the roots hanging down. I think that might be a mistake. I will correct that with the next switch out in a day or two. We'll see

Thanks for the comments Stony

My real case is 17" high, 7 ¼" wide, and 17" deep.

PC Planter is 20.6" high, 8.1 " wide, and 18.6" deep.

It's a little bigger than my mid-tower, but smaller than a full. It's pretty much a standard case with all the guts ripped out.

So-so. There are a number of things that I don't like about the system. As mentioned in a previous post, I will be giving a complete product report at the end of this grow.

whats up fellow Carolinian! (im assuming form the name)

good luck with your grow man!

You're assumption would, for the most part, be correct. I'm south of you and on the east side of the state.

As far as what's up...2 little plants about 4" tall. :smokin:

Thanks for the luck wishes, I need all of it I can get.

Sorry for the delay in new posts. Boss, you can delete this thread, or move it to abandoned journals. I was out of town for a couple of days and my a/c died. By the time I got home, the plants had followed suit.

Back
Top Bottom