Akaman's Better Late Than Never 12/12 Grow

I have not used Gravity. I use SSU every grow since the first time I used it. I've read a lot of mixed reviews with gravity, so I decided not to spend the money on it. Sorry I'm not helpful for this. If you decide to use it, read up on only using it in the last 4 weeks or less before chop. That's how I've seen others use it. It's very strong, so be cautious.
If I was working with only one plant, I would take LeafLady's advise and not use it. But that's because I haven't used it before, and have no idea what to expect.

I have not used Gravity. I use SSU every grow since the first time I used it. I've read a lot of mixed reviews with gravity, so I decided not to spend the money on it. Sorry I'm not helpful for this. If you decide to use it, read up on only using it in the last 4 weeks or less before chop. That's how I've seen others use it. It's very strong, so be cautious.
If I was working with only one plant, I would take LeafLady's advise and not use it. But that's because I haven't used it before, and have no idea what to expect.

Ok I just read up on some reviews. From what I've read it seems like some ppl might have used to much and had bad results. I think I'm going to try using very little, much less than the directions say use, and see what happens. If I eff up I will have learned something I can use to educate the community. On the other hand if it works then it's money well spent. Somebody has to sacrifice to see if stuff works or not, if not how would we ever find out so I'll be the sacrificial lamb on this one:bitingnails: Thx VOJ

smart thinkin'. less is more. btw, if u saw my commercial grow u'd laugh yer butt off. i believe i only have one piece of equipment that's mj specific. my "chiller is an old a/c cond. i took out of an apartment house, tied to an evaporator coil that i soldered up the leaks on. i bypassed the contacter & interupt current w/a line voltage t-stat (w/probe in res). my aerator is an air compressor on a timer. well, i'll quit highjacing u're growlog, but i could write pages on my setup. it's a hoot! wish i had a camera.

smart thinkin'. less is more. btw, if u saw my commercial grow u'd laugh yer butt off. i believe i only have one piece of equipment that's mj specific. my "chiller is an old a/c cond. i took out of an apartment house, tied to an evaporator coil that i soldered up the leaks on. i bypassed the contacter & interupt current w/a line voltage t-stat (w/probe in res). my aerator is an air compressor on a timer. well, i'll quit highjacing u're growlog, but i could write pages on my setup. it's a hoot! wish i had a camera.

I wish you had one too, a picture is worth a thousand words. I'd love to see ur grow. And being ur handy as hell I can only imagine what ur setup looks like. But if it works then regardless what it looks like, it'll do.:high-five: ps when you said " smart thinkin, less is more" were you advocating that I use the Gravity or not Paw Paw:hmmmm:

not! i know that lots of people swear by all those additives, but none of them are magic. there's nothing in any of them that can't be bought for cheap at u're local garden supply. just let u're plant talk to u. it'll let u know whatever it needs. most people's problems, including myself, is that they don't stay out of the plants' way. it's just a weed & has been growing, all by itself, in harsh conditions, for thousands of years, w/out any help from anyone. btw, what grow bible do u use....most important piece of equipment in the garden?

not! i know that lots of people swear by all those additives, but none of them are magic. there's nothing in any of them that can't be bought for cheap at u're local garden supply. just let u're plant talk to u. it'll let u know whatever it needs. most people's problems, including myself, is that they don't stay out of the plants' way. it's just a weed & has been growing, all by itself, in harsh conditions, for thousands of years, w/out any help from anyone. btw, what grow bible do u use....most important piece of equipment in the garden?[/QUO

Preach on Paw Paw:;):, everything you said is true. People are always striving for something better when the bottom line is it's just another way to separate you from your money. I need to get back to basics and leave the high end stuff for those that THINK they need it. The bible I use is " Marijuana Horticulture, The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes". Very good book, 512 color pages,1120 color images. Has everything in it and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING!:high-five:

LOL! yeah, i get on my soapbox sometimes...sorry. i just get frustrated when i see a new grower spend $$$$$ when it's not necessary. i actually saw, on this site, a guy buy almost $1k on an entire line of nutes (they shall remain nameless) to grow a stinkin' weed. he got sucked in by all the hype (it's happened to all of us, so don't feel bad) & he was telling me, i didn't know what i was talking about. i didn't answer his rant. i just started harvest of about 80 plants. (that's a bitch, by u'rself) btw, u got the right book or well, i use it. i have hans, franks, rosenthal...'cause i get stupid sometimes. ha!

can u believe that? i couldn't. if i remember correctly, it was 14/16 bottles. at least that was what his pic showed. when i asked him what grow bible he used, he said he didn't talk religion!! as my granny would've said "bless his heart". at 1st i felt like a hillbilly. i just fill to the 1st marker w/ro & to the 2nd marker w/tap & measure up the ol' dyna-grow, mix w/an old plastic boat oar, & turn on the pump. i don't know, maybe i'm missing something??? i just cover my res w/plywood. hmmm, maybe i AM a hillbilly!

:welcome: back for wk 3. First, I know I mentioned in the beginning the nutes and stuff I had BUT I know the members also like pics so I included them this time for ppl who like to see rather than just read:;):. Only thing different is this wk I add grow big to the mix. Ok? Ok! So far, she has grown to 22in. and being that I only have 1 plant to show, the pics are mainly of the bud sites. You will notice that some of the buds are starting to turn amber, those turning are mainly on the lower branches. The upper branches are still white. Is that ok or will there be a problem with the lower half being ready before the top? Also I thought that she might have PM ( powder mold) but I don't believe it's so. And I read that the curling was actually due to over fertilizing but it didn't cause any problems so... Alright I hear you, on to the pics, plz feel free to educate me:Namaste:

03858.JPG
04539.JPG
03963.JPG
04158.JPG
03663.JPG
04259.JPG
[/IMG]
014299.JPG
013320.JPG
017216.JPG
016247.JPG
015271.JPG
020172.JPG
018202.JPG
023141.JPG
021179.JPG
024128.JPG
027110.JPG
028119.JPG
029103.JPG
025138.JPG
03094.JPG
03194.JPG
03285.JPG
026118.JPG

I apologize if some or the pics aren't clear, all I have is a camera phone which sucks because I can't show you closeups of the triches. See you in a wk:smokin:

A very nice plant! Looks a lot like one of the first I grew, not many branches, but a lot of little buds popping up... you'll have yourself a nice personal sized haul.

Back
Top Bottom