Akaman's Better Late Than Never 12/12 Grow

weight report after drying....smoke report after cure. of course, if u were to try just a little after drying, we'd love to hear a preliminary report.

Hey VOJ, everything is kool. When do u give a smoke report, after drying or after curing? I'm in research mode atm, figured I'd use the cab for determining the sex since I can fit about 6 med pots in there and get a tent for flowering. So far I've been lucky to get 1 fem everytime I germed but what happens when I get 2 fems? Don't want to destroy a fem because of no room.

I agree with paw-paw on the smoke reports. I like to have one right after drying, and another after cure.

Good luck on what you come up with. Keep us informed. I think your right about fitting about 6 pots in the current cab, I would just upgrade the lights some for the added plants. :peace:

I guess you guys are gonna have to wait a lil longer for smoke report. I just had to take a urine test on the 12th of Jan. and the results aren't in yet. On worker's comp and everything gets reported back to them. First time I took test the only thing to show up was the MJ:tokin:, not one bit of the pain meds and I'm on seven of them. The second time I took test all the meds showed up and no MJ:cheesygrinsmiley:. Now, this past Thanksgivings i was:blunt: and I got hit with a surprise test Dec. 2nd, didn't give any piss till Jan. 12th, hope it's been long enough:peace::Namaste:

Ok, I dried her for 8 days, (seemed like the buds were drying out faster than the stems were), I got kind of nervous and cut her up anyway. Really can't say for sure without weighing but imho I would say maybe close to an oz or maybe that's wishful thinking:cheesygrinsmiley:. I'll chime in somewhere with a smoke report eventually. Btw, do I request for this to be moved to completed journals now or do I do that after smoke report? :peace::thanks::Namaste:
002808.JPG
004715.JPG

And for when I can test it...
006592.JPG

aka, for future reference, i dry on wire coat hangars & after 24hrs outside of buds r dry. then i slip a trash bag up over them for about 24hrs. this allows moisture to travel from inside the bud to the surface & w/out bag i let dry another 24hrs. & so on till they don't get moist on the surface. my 2 cents.

Hi Paw Paw, took your advice and got the lights on temps down to 68 and I noticed that the humidity went up (30 to 43). Now my lights off temps are 63, is this ok or is that too cold? And how low should I go before it affects the plant? Do you have any pics of the soil grow I could check out? I'd like to see what a super cheap, low labor grow looks like:blushsmile:. All the nutes I mentioned was from my first try about 2 yrs ago, the only thing new is the SSU and the Gravity. Haven't tried the molasses yet and I must remember the tea you made, sounds very inexpensive and I definitely don't have the funds for all the nutes that are out there now. So if you have some pics I'd appreciate you letting me have a look. Thx for stopping by:thumb:

Keep an eye on my journal if you want to see a cheap soil grow. I've always been a fan of DIY projects so I decided to just build pretty much all the stuff I need with stuff around the house and Menard's. I'll have less that $50 in my entire grow. +elec obviously but that's not going to be much.

Just got caught up to speed! :goodjob: everything looks good akaman! I think you will really like using the cab for veg and a tent for the rest! 6 is perfect for my tent. I only have 5 in mine and it is stuffed at the moment! Im awaiting your next journal and your harvest smoke report!

cheers!

nice man , good to see another bagseed grow . cant wait to hear how it tastes!

Thx FoF, sry for not getting back to you sooner. I can't wait either but I have a few issues only time will resolve (read a few posts back and you'll understand why). I would never have started this grow if I had known I wouldn't be able to finish it timely. Smoke report is just as important as the grow itself imho.

aka, for future reference, i dry on wire coat hangars & after 24hrs outside of buds r dry. then i slip a trash bag up over them for about 24hrs. this allows moisture to travel from inside the bud to the surface & w/out bag i let dry another 24hrs. & so on till they don't get moist on the surface. my 2 cents.

Hi paw-paw, did you or did you not just describe a drying/curing process? Need to know cause I dried her for 8 days in the cab hanging on same chain lights were hooked up to and she ended up crispy but lucky for me I read thru some posts and found a solution for that, I got nothing but love for 420 mag, put her in a jar, put a piece of orange peel in there and brought back the moistness, now she's smellin good. I leave the jar closed for 16 hrs( to get the humidity to 50-53) and open it for two to dry. Will definitely try your way next time:thumb:

Keep an eye on my journal if you want to see a cheap soil grow. I've always been a fan of DIY projects so I decided to just build pretty much all the stuff I need with stuff around the house and Menard's. I'll have less that $50 in my entire grow. +elec obviously but that's not going to be much.

Hi Wraistlin, just checked out ur journal, very nice diy cab, just wondering if the stuff ur using for reflection will diffuse the light because it's not flat. Some ppl turn helium balloons inside out, just as good as mylar and it's cheap. I think lst is the way to go definitely and that stretch is probably when you stick it in the sun. As for lights, if u got em use em, the more the merrier imho. Sub'd as of now:thumb:

Just got caught up to speed! :goodjob: everything looks good akaman! I think you will really like using the cab for veg and a tent for the rest! 6 is perfect for my tent. I only have 5 in mine and it is stuffed at the moment! Im awaiting your next journal and your harvest smoke report!

cheers!

Hey shottafire, thx bro, don't know when I'll get that smoke report to you, a few posts back will explain everything, but until I can I'll be curing her for sure. In the meantime I'll start saving up for that tent so I can get things rollin again. Can't wait till I fully retire, won't have to keep lookin over my shoulder:peace::Namaste:

I wonder'd myself about the lining. Since I've got the entire inside of the cabinet lined with this stuff I don't think it will hinder the reflective properties much. That and the fact that I up'd my CFL's from 3 to 6 today. Once I get my lst done and go into flowering I'll move it a bit more towards the center. Friggin thing is going to get blasted from a "halo" of cfl's lol.

yeah, aka, it's just my way of not over-drying....slower,but steadier. i don't let 'em get crispy on the outside, just dry. helps me keep from over-drying. just my 2 cents.

yeah, aka, it's just my way of not over-drying....slower,but steadier. i don't let 'em get crispy on the outside, just dry. helps me keep from over-drying. just my 2 cents.

Hey paw paw, will do that next gro, I like the idea slow and steady. Now let me ask you this, you saw what I harvested so how long would you suggest I cure? Been curing since the 14th, 8 days, also how long can you cure without diminishing the strength? Thx paw-paw.

4-6 weeks seems to be the norm, although i cure my personal stash about 8weeks. it's u're call, though. it'll just get less harsh (smoother). i've heard of some people going much longer, but i've not tried it.

Back
Top Bottom