Akaman's Better Late Than Never 12/12 Grow

Putting a lot of pH'd water in, I'd like to see that you get as much water as possible out. Maximize draining action for a better flush.

If you take a wick (shoe lace, strip of polyester batting, etc) and stick it an inch or two up into a bottom hole, can you get more of the water out?

- seti

Hi Seti,the foxfarm ocean forest soil has a good mix of perlite and I added extra perlite so when I flushed ( I had 2 egg crates under the pot for drainage) the percentage of water that came out was at least 75%-80%. Sry don't know much about wicking. I'm sure you get water out, how much is the question.

Hi Seti,the foxfarm ocean forest soil has a good mix of perlite and I added extra perlite so when I flushed ( I had 2 egg crates under the pot for drainage) the percentage of water that came out was at least 75%-80%. Sry don't know much about wicking. I'm sure you get water out, how much is the question.
Right, any soil (even with perlite) has some surface tension that will hold on to water, usually at the bottom few inches... if a wick is inserted some more of that bottom water will be persuaded to follow gravity. If you try it you will see how much.
Come to think of it, a wooden skewer or a chopstick will do the same but you have to hold the pot up.

It just helps it drain; you can pull the wick out later when you are comfortable.

Whether it's the pH or something else, Good luck!!

- seti

If it had been a calcium lockout a flush and adding a good shot of calcium would be the cure. It really looks like overly high levels of nitrogen. Possibly Foxfarms nutes on top of the OC+ is just too much. Often the leaves won't change appearance after the plant is burned a bit. Looks like the plant can easily finish with no new addition af the Foxfarm nutes. Your still on track for some nice bud no matter what.

i agree w/drrw. i just finished a seed run w/5plants in 3.5gal pots & gave them oc+ at recomended amount & well water every 4-6 days. wish it wasn't a seed run....i'd have a bumper crop. these companies spend millions on research for you.....use it!

I only used the water from my freshwater aquariums to nourish my plants. It's awesome and saves big on nutes. Fresh water only though saltwater will kill the plants.

Thx everyone for their patience, I appreciate everyone who came thru and offered their advice:thanks:. After 9 wks this unknown strain grew a total of 23 1/2 inches with a cola of 9 1/2 inches. I was surprised at how thick the buds were, being I used cfl's but never let it be said you can't grow and get a decent yield from cfl's. I will be drying for at least 7 days and then curing. I don't have a scale so I'm sry for not being able to give wet and dry weights. I will posts pics of dry buds at least. Again :thanks:
014305.JPG
[/IMG]
013329.JPG
015277.JPG
016252.JPG
017219.JPG
018206.JPG
019173.JPG
020177.JPG
:Namaste:

yep, 30 yrs of pissing away u're money & getting inferior product, plus having to deal w/people u wouldn't want to even meet. i doubt u'll ever buy again. but seriously, better get u're next grow going.

yep, 30 yrs of pissing away u're money & getting inferior product, plus having to deal w/people u wouldn't want to even meet. i doubt u'll ever buy again. but seriously, better get u're next grow going.

Hey paw-paw, easier said than done, I've got to tackle issues with odor first. That one plant had the entire house reeking. I gotta get me a tent so I don't have issues with heat and odor, my cab is just too small. It served it's purpose tho but I've got to expand.:Namaste:

i thought it was a nice box too. looked like a perfect candidate for an led. i think odor is controlled best by carbon filter & if u look around, there's some deals when u buy a fan/filter combo. just be sure to keep everything well sealed....wheather u go w/tent or whatever. good luck on u're next grow & keep us informed.

akaman, Hope all is well. Looking forward to the smoke report.
So you plan to expand? That cab you have is pretty nice, I thought. Do you have plans for the expansion, or are you still in research mode?

Hey VOJ, everything is kool. When do u give a smoke report, after drying or after curing? I'm in research mode atm, figured I'd use the cab for determining the sex since I can fit about 6 med pots in there and get a tent for flowering. So far I've been lucky to get 1 fem everytime I germed but what happens when I get 2 fems? Don't want to destroy a fem because of no room.

i thought it was a nice box too. looked like a perfect candidate for an led. i think odor is controlled best by carbon filter & if u look around, there's some deals when u buy a fan/filter combo. just be sure to keep everything well sealed....wheather u go w/tent or whatever. good luck on u're next grow & keep us informed.

Actually, the box is a perfect fit for a 300 watt led(diamond series) I was looking at from Advanced leds BUT no real room to grow,from start to finish, more than 1 plant. That's what I've been looking at, the combo deals, and I've found a few now I just need to figure out which tent I want. Have I ever mentioned that I have a 400 watt conversion lite still in the box brand new? Maybe a tent is what I'd need to use it finally. Will definitely keep u guys in the loop for the next grow.:thanks::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom