Cav's 2 Testers & An Alien Og Indoor Soil Grow

That Grandpas Gelato sounds fire if is as I assume Grandpas breath x Gelato!
Some really nice choices there Cav.

You assumed correctly on the Grandpa's Gelato..... thanks bro I can't wait to get some of them going. I want to start a perpetual, but I'm not sure on the whole timing part of it.

Depends on how many you can run at once as to how much work it becomes and how hard it is to time. I like perpetual for the most part especially if going the organically amended soil route like rainbow. If running a bunch and mixing nutrients for each it can be a pain, and hydro tables or buckets seems impossible. I tend to see more weight from chemical nutrients though. I have/do run both from time to time. Outdoor I prefer organic hands down, indoor as I said for me it depends on the setup and goals.
If only a couple plants in perpetual you could easily run either, but for 5+ I’d go organically amended route as you really just water for most part. As far as timing it’s easier if you run clones that you know for sure flowering time in your setup, but still not to bad from seed just a bit of guessing.
Makes trimming easier ; I’d say planning a longer trip/vacation a bit more of a pain especially last minute. You almost need a house and plant sitter which some people do, but I’ve always shut down for. Hope that helps give you ideas or perspectives. This is only my personal opinions and others may see it differently.

If you don’t mind me asking how many at once, and averaged flowering time. That’ll help decide your timing bro.

Right now all I have to flower in is a small 3x3x6 tent that I've only ever flowered 1 big plant at a time in. So this current grow I'm trying something new to see how many I can fit, and what size pot will be optimal. I would love to be able to go to los, or Doc's hi-brix kit, but my bank account tells me otherwise. I still have some AN ph perfect line left. Hopefully the bank account will let me switch after this round.

Well I got a package in the mail today that's going to make choosing what I'm going to run next that much harder.
IMG_20181022_1344321_rewind.2.jpg

We have Warrior Kush f3: Sweet Tooth x Banner#3/Afghani by Purpose Genetics
Hurkle x 9lb Hammer: by Jinx-Proof Genetics
Banana Breath x Napalm Og f2: by fireintheholegenetics
Elephant Stomper x Leeroy Tk: by fireintheholegenetics
Grandpa's Gelato: by ? I'll do some research and find out.
Warriors Tonic: by Purpose Genetics. It's my first cbd strain at 1:1 thc/cbd

GG sounds like a killer mix and Elephant Stomper! Must kick some elephant ass to be named that haha!

Don’t feel bad I tore out my old flower room to up grade(move to my outbuilding) then the factory I had worked at for almost 15yrs shut our shop down and soon after I find out we’re pregnant, I’m happy just not the best timing. Job market isn’t bad here, I have machinist skills, weld, been to school for HVACR, haven’t smoked in probably 4 months yet still haven’t found work. Admittedly I was only applying for jobs paying about what I was making, but at this point I’ve really lax’d my standards and noda.
So I feel your pain believe me.
I ran 3x4x6 tent for my veg plants for a bit excluding the mother’s I can see maybe 4 if you don’t top, flip short maybe 16” and control branching like SOG maybe. Probably 2gal like the sq rose potters. I’m far from an expert on that though as I didn’t see the yield in that style that I was looking for. You work with what you have though and I could be wrong ; you ask someone that runs that type of setup and maybe 9 possible as I said I’m guessing.

I've heard of people running 4 5gal pots in a 3x3, but I have 1 in there right now in a 5gal that takes up the whole tent. I guess I will have to wait till I harvest her in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks to find out what I can fit in it.

The GG really caught my eye as well, can't wait to get this grow moving so I can start popping some more beans!!! I will definitely be needing some help on deciding which strains to run. I'm a very indecisive person haha.

I've heard of people running 4 5gal pots in a 3x3, but I have 1 in there right now in a 5gal that takes up the whole tent. I guess I will have to wait till I harvest her in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks to find out what I can fit in it.

I have a 4x4x7 tent and I fit 4x 5gallon pots in there for my autos. They worked great until I the Early Miss turned out to not be an Autoflower and started taking over lol !

I upsized her pot to a 7G and left the smaller EM in a 5G. Between those pots the 2 plants take up the entire tent! When I do a full auto run again though I’ll be doing 4 of the 5G pots again with quadline as long as my autos are strong and healthy by day 14-21.

I’ve heard some people shoving 4 7G in the 4x4 but for me I think that’s just pushing it!

Can definitely get 4 sq 5 gal in there but then I feel that’s more pot than plants in that size tent need. I’ve gotten good sized plants out of the rose pots and what I usually get in a sq 5 I am positive wouldn’t fit in a 3x3 more than 2 deep with some training. You can fit 4 25gal pots in a 4x4 that don’t mean it’s optimal. Can pull 13+ o’s off plants in 10-15 gal 4 deep in a 4x4. Imo overcrowding causes problems and when I tried 4 25’s the only thing that went up was amount of soil I used and amount of water I had to run through them to flush correctly. Was a waste and more work

If I remember correctly I was getting 3.5-5 o’s out of 2gal rose pots that would probably fit well but in sq 5’s I was getting about 6-9 o (big plants).
Whatever you decide on keep it square they fit better.

Right now all I have is fabric pots, but I got tall slender 3gals to help with room constraints a little bit. I will be picking up a few square pots to see how they work out for me. I will give anything that works for you guys a try to find out what works best for me. You guys are saviors and don't even know it!!!

Fabric pots are good they air prune to stop root spin out and tall slender 3gal should be good. That should be a good fit.
I just like square when trying trying to fit as many as possible square block tend to use the area better with less wasted space. 3gal isn’t as much overkill like 5gal , and tall slender should be a good shape for your tent.
If you’re doing 4 perpetual I’d try to keep them from getting to bushy(probably wouldn’t top) and probably put them in at about 15 -18 inch to start depending on the estimated stretch and whether from seed or clone, actual planter size, and type of lighting taking consideration of how much space pot/light eliminate from the enclosure. Also try to keep nodes close as possible in veg.
Keep track of days on first ones to try and help get timing down then depending on estimated days to flower I’d add one to flower every 14 - 21 days.
Should be easy to adjust from there. Like I said before if keeping track of what gets what food etc is to much of a pain look into that organic mix. Slight possibility of weight loss but great flavor and super simple.
I’ll be over here in the lawn chair bro!

Picture Day:
DDA:
Day 3 above ground.
IMG_20181023_1338147_rewind.2.jpg
IMG_20181023_1339293_rewind.1.jpg

Alien Og: Day 20 above ground.
IMG_20181023_1345024_rewind.1.jpg
IMG_20181023_1343203_rewind.3.jpg
IMG_20181023_1341413_rewind.1.jpg

Teflon Don: Day 20 above ground.
IMG_20181023_1347179_rewind.1.jpg
IMG_20181023_1347483_rewind.1.jpg
IMG_20181023_1348303_rewind.1.jpg

I forgot to snap a pic of Blue Collar, I will get a few when the wife gets up. Are auto seedlings suppose to be so small? It's my first one and she seems really small to me. Teflon Don isn't the prettiest plant, but thats why I like her so much, she full of character. The only bad thing is she's super sensitive to everything. Will be giving my 3photo ladies their first drink since being transplanted 5 days ago here in a couple days. Just waiting for them to dry up a bit more first. Hope everyone is having a good day!!!

Thanks bro!! I can't wait to see what the Teflon Don grows into, hope she starts looking somewhat normal lol. The Alien Og has some of the closest node spacing of anything I've grown as of yet. From what I'm told she's super potent as well so she's going to be cloned.

Back
Top Bottom