CBMedzNewb's CBDream Grow Journal - Soil - CFL - 2016

My impatience got the best of me so I went ahead and snipped one of my small nugglers from the bottom of one of my plants. It is still a bit premature but it's getting close now. Probably will end up finishing at 8 weeks, 9 at the absolute most. This is about a thumb sized nug and I've got about 30 of these give or take on my one large plant.

20160612_053842.jpg
20160612_053907.jpg

Very nice, they still turned out to be pretty frosty for you in the end. Let me know how she smokes after it's dried :)

My impatience got the best of me so I went ahead and snipped one of my small nugglers from the bottom of one of my plants. It is still a bit premature but it's getting close now. Probably will end up finishing at 8 weeks, 9 at the absolute most. This is about a thumb sized nug and I've got about 30 of these give or take on my one large plant.

20160612_053842.jpg
20160612_053907.jpg
I'm tempted to sample my mystery girl. I know the struggle lol. Girls are looking good:thumb:

Flowering Update - Week 7 End

Another week has concluded and so it's time for a proper update.

First up, Trichomes. Clear to milky to amber ratio is roughly 1/2/1, so I'm not entirely sure how to make sense of it. Since the buds are still growing, it would stand to reason that there will always be some clear trichomes, unless bud growth grinds to a halt which is suppose will happen eventually. Too inexperienced to truly know what I am looking for here.

Going to quickly list the changes I have made this week.

Nutrients: I stopped feeding 2 weeks ago--3 week flush, possibly 4 if I push them an extra week. Plants are starting to use nutrient stores in leaves now; seeing a bit of yellowing at leave tips. Using distilled water for my flushing.

Temps: Trying to get my dark period temps down to around 55 for a nice 20 degree swing. Holding steady around 75 during lights on.

Light: Reduced light to 11 hours for the last week or two, though I doubt it will make a huge difference at this point. Just trying to replicate nature as much as possible.

Sounds: Discontinuing all sounds that I have been playing for the plants throughout flowering cycle.

I think that's about all I wanted to cover for this update. Here are a couple pics for week 7 end.

20160613_060956.jpg

20208.jpg

20160613_062943.jpg

Those are a couple Zeus plants you see growing in behind there. They still have about 4 weeks to go.

Cheers!

Ah yes, they are looking wonderful and sweet :) I didn't know you had some zeus growing as well! Should have started a journal up on them bad girls as well lol you are just about to the end with these girls so might as well start something else up to keep us in awe :) haha

Ah yes, they are looking wonderful and sweet :) I didn't know you had some zeus growing as well! Should have started a journal up on them bad girls as well lol you are just about to the end with these girls so might as well start something else up to keep us in awe :) haha

The poor Zeus plants have been on the sidelines getting second hand light for their whole flowering cycle so far. They didn't get to veg nearly long enough either. I ordered seeds from Crop King and while I was waiting for them to ship I got impatient and found a shop that carried CKS products so I picked up the CB Dream. I was all worked up into a dither about growing the CB Dreams so I decided to start some Zeus well after my CBs were started. Having said that.. I'm pretty impressed that I am actually going to get something off of these Zeus gals.. not a whole lot, but hey, I'll take whatever.

Anything is better than nothing that is for sure, even if it is just some side plants that didn't get much attention. Same thing happened at the beginning of my grow with the bag seed plants haha

Flower Update - Week 8 End

It won't be a harvest update this week as expected so instead I give you a brief flowering update for week 8 end. They are progressing nicely in the trichome department but are just not there yet. I would like to see a bit more amber, as I'm still having to go searching for it.

Not much else going on.. they are finishing up and should be coming down any day now!

Take a peek...

20160619_085205.jpg
20160620_071715.jpg
20160620_071736.jpg

Hopefully next update will be of the harvest variety. Cheers.

20160622_060216.jpg

So here is a shot of the little nugglet I stole off my plant early a while back. It's dried and very half ass cured (I just wanted to smoke it already lol). Vaped some and smoked some in a pipe. To my suprise the high was very heady up front. I couldn't hold a train of thought to save my life. This affect had a half-life of about an hour or so before changing to full couch lock. Stronger than I expected but also premature so I'm hoping it mellows when more ripe and amber.

Looks beautiful :drool: You should get a more medicinal effect the more they amber up as the THC will start to change to CBN :) Those trichomes will also amber up a little bit during the drying process depending how long it may be. Should make a nice medicinal smoke! These will go on my list as well for sure.

Harvest Update - Week 9 End Minus 2 Days

Finally a harvest update! :yummy:

Regardless of trichome production which seems to be the most popular method of determining when to harvest, I decided to chop today because of the undeniable fact that my big girl's main colas are starting to fox tail. When combined with the fact that they are almost a week past recommended maturity time from Crop King I decided the harvest was on.

What a night though I must say. I certainly underestimated the amount of work involved. Both myself and my wife trimmed our hearts out for hours tonight, and finally the buds are manicured to the nines as well as hung out to dry.

For my first grow I simply could not be happier. The results exceeded my expectations by a country mile. My whole house smells amazing right now. The smell is absolutely divine... mostly fruity and yes as Crop King suggests, citrusy. The buds look equally amazing, and I'm still in shock that I actually grew them myself.

I only harvested one of three plants tonight. I still have my two smaller plants to harvest, but the big girl was more than enough work for tonight.

With a load of excess stalk as well as lots of water weight, I came to a total of 214g for my big girl. If I can even get 1/4 of that dry I will be happy as.

Anyhow, enough jibber jabber.. here is how we went tonight:

Pre-Harvest
20160624_213454.jpg

Finally done trimming!
20160625_025425_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

20160625_030250_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
20160625_025917_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
20160625_030343_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

Hanging out.
20160625_033432.jpg

20160625_033522.jpg

Gee.. I sure am glad I happened upon Crop King Seeds' CB Dream!

Cheers and see you for next harvest update.

Harvest Update - 9 Weeks Minus One day

To continue on from previous harvest post, I have brought down one of my small CB Dream plants. Rough wet weight was about half the big one at 106g. Slightly more compact buds, and more resinous than the big girl. Will be getting around to doing my last CB Dream asap and will report results of that as well.

20160626_001149.jpg

20160626_023707.jpg
20160626_023408.jpg
20160626_023501.jpg

From yesterday harvest:
20160626_025603.jpg

Dam, those are some great looking nugs all trimmed up! Nice and colorful to. I bet you will get a very nice yield from that big girl.hope my buds turn out that dense on the next grow :p You did great over here and I look forward to seeing what you have in store next :)

Dam, those are some great looking nugs all trimmed up! Nice and colorful to. I bet you will get a very nice yield from that big girl.hope my buds turn out that dense on the next grow :p You did great over here and I look forward to seeing what you have in store next :)

Thanks Dick, I appreciate that. I'm already getting that itch to start something else.. I'll going to try to refrain for a while but I feel like I'll be back at it in no time. :surf:

Thanks Dick, I appreciate that. I'm already getting that itch to start something else.. I'll going to try to refrain for a while but I feel like I'll be back at it in no time. :surf:

We all get that way, I have wanted to start more the last couple of weeks here but I know I can't until I come back from vacation lol I would like to do some sort of seasonal perpetual grow I think and have the last ones of the bunch harvested before summer next year, will see what I can figure out by then.

You will want to keep yourself in stock, can always be stored as well :)

Back
Top Bottom