Cfl for veg HPS for flower

novice101

have a quick question, wondering if you could use a combo of t5 and cfs for vegging and use a HPS for budding,, would this still produce a high yield as if you went MH?HPS?

Hi novice, how are ya? Yeah Vegging with CFL s is fine as long as you have enough to cover your plant.
Switching to hps for flower will give you a better harvest for sure. I used CFL 's for while during my last veg and it grew well, but my MH was better.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;) Smokemup

yeah, well im growing in a 8 sq ft tent and only have 1000wt light set up which is too darn hot so im going back to cfl and t5 until bloom, by then it will be cooler out and i can vent in from outside. will i get some really big buds from using this and going to the 1000wt hps.. or do i really need to go MH in veg.. im trying to get a 600 wt dim . ballast soon so ill solve all these problems..

im trying to figure out if i can use a black light for my grow. how many would i need for an only child about 6 days above ground. also having trouble determining gender this early as well, any thoughts?

I veg with CFLs then blind them with 1000 watts of HPS when I flower them. .... and for the exact reason's you are.... Heat. I can't turn on the HPS until mid september at the earliest.

Results in the top grow of my sig.

as far as i know, no youre not supposed to use a black light on your plants.. but you are better off doing some research on the net to find out more info on it.. im not, by any means, a professional grower so i dont claim to know it all. but i remember reading up on it a while back... just google it and im sure youll get your answer.. actually youll prob. get 1000's of answers but use your descretion.

where are you located 1970? im in central washington and yeah its about the same time of year here.. it sucks cause i went out and bought 1000wt set up so i can maximize my yield but its just too darn hot when youre growing in an apt. so im back to the cfl's for veg.. they are actually looking a whole lot better now that i got that hot MH out of there....

at BURNMEDOWN

Can Blacklights be used for Growing?
They can not.
Blacklights do not produce the correct spectrum of light to grow plants.

The only lights that currently produce the required color spectrum of light to grow plants are the following;

Suitable for Growing:

Flourescent (Tube shaped)

Compact Fluorescent
(a flourescent tube with ballast included that screws into regular light fixture)

Metal Halide (MH) Best for Vegetative growth, but it doesn't contain all of the spectrum needed later during flowering for truly outstanding buds. the light shines a blueish/white color

High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Best for Flowering. Ok for Vegetative. shines a yellow/orange color. All can be purchased at your local home/lumber store.

Not suitable for growing:

Blacklight type flourescent lights.

ANY incandescent lamp
(if it screws into a regular lamp, it won't produce worthwhile buds). Exception, compact flouro mentioned above)

Halogen

Mercury Vapor

Author: Smokey D Dope

where are you located 1970? im in central washington and yeah its about the same time of year here.. it sucks cause i went out and bought 1000wt set up so i can maximize my yield but its just too darn hot when youre growing in an apt. so im back to the cfl's for veg.. they are actually looking a whole lot better now that i got that hot MH out of there....

I am in the midwest in a scary state for doing this. they use swat teams and helecopters for 10 plant grows here cuz they got nuthin better to do. Then they tell the press the 10 6" plants are worth 130,000 bucks. THey seize the home and everything you own. Its a stupid state... SAT scores in the bottom 5 in country 15 years in row. Go figure. Our legislators are morons without a clue. We were once the KKK capital of the country. Sheesh this state is stupid. I need to move but right now this is where the work is.

RIght now its mid 90s outside and my garage is about 85 if I don't open the door at all. Add my HPS at 1000 watts and you could almost boil eggs in my grow room under the stairs in my garage. I am going to be pushing my luck putting these girls in the garage mid september with no AC.

Back
Top Bottom