Charly's 4th Grow - G13 Haze Soctober 2011

Vanelle said:
you must be like ancient

You young whippersnappers should know we old coots are sensitive about our age, he says, shaking his fist feebly:

Get off my lawn, you scalawag !

Let's just leave it at: I'm older than Steve Jobs and younger than Hitler.

VMan, you're welcome to stop by my humble abode anytime. All this dope isn't going to smoke itself!

Miwa said:
chomes are standing tall...are they all milky???

God, I hope not! They have at least four more weeks to go. I'm aiming for a sativa high, which requires the trichomes not to go much past amber. The last time I looked, they were still clear. They haven't turned cloudy or milky yet. I want the THC to be really high and the CBD to be almost nonexistent.

Hey Vannelle, Not that I'm old, but I spent three days trying to find UTube on my TV. I finally found it on that newfangled thing called the InterWeb. (I wish I could take credit for that, but the honor goes to Craig Ferguson, a zany comic from Scotland). Dat is kort zwemt van Nederland, is het niet?

Here are the latest pics.

Since I topped these plants so many times (at least 20 per plant), I wasn't sure whether the tops would turn into buds of colas. Well, the answer is

Colarific !

Colarrific.jpg

When I kneel down, it looks like a

Jungle in There

Jungle9.jpg

I've been photographing these twin buds for weeks now. You can see the trichome development, but unfortunately the red spectrum makes it impossible to see their color. Think of this as a picture from the plantet, Krypton. (Hey, if Krypton has a red sun, does that mean that their marijuana plants are always in flower? No wonder Superman can fly!)

The Twins (no, not those!)

Twins4.jpg

Now a question for the Clonemeisters out there. (You know who you are.) Here's a picture of

The Little Clone That Could

Clonexy.jpg

There's a red arrow halfway up the plant (sorry it's so small). If you look closely at this point, you can still see the hairs from when she was in flower. Anyway, she's getting gawky and lanky. What do I do now? Do I top her like a regular plant or do I let her get tall and scrawny? This is my first attempt at cloning and I'm not sure what to do next. Little help please.

Yes, You In The Back Row?

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas (sorry, heathens!). Not that this is going to stop me from posting again before Christmas.

Have A Jolly Holly Christmas !

XmasWreath.jpg

I want to live in that garden... Plants are looking amazing grant, and if i could afford a airplane ticket, mind you i cant even afford 20 cigs right now but if i could, id be out in a second, sitting in our deck chairs, high as kites, talking about hardware stores ran by different races... ahhh can just see it now lol

Being that stoned would you really notice the fact your sitting on snow in the deck chairs lol

LOL@your post grant, thats hilarious!

Heard aluminium foil was ok to use if you turned it around to the not so shiney side? :thumb:

Wow, so many replies! Thanks, guys.

I am so exhausted today, I almost don't have the energy to get ripped and post back. (I said ALMOST !)

I only got 3 hours sleep last night. I woke up a half hour before the girls' bedtime. I'd raised the HPS as high as I could, but the tops were starting to get burned.

There's not a chance in Hell that I'm going to tie down 80 colas! So I decided to change how the ballast is hung. It was on a pair of metal braces screwed into a crossbeam and the valence was cantilevered from them with metal chains.

Yes, St. Thomas Aquinas thanks for pointing out that cantilevers were used extensively in Gothic Roman Catholic churches. (F**king know-it-all!)

I had a half hour before putting the girls to bed, so I shut off the light, moved them into the bathroom:

Daddy, It's Cold Outside !

ScaredOutside.jpg

Then I removed the metal braces. I had some plastic hangers that have an adhesive backing as well as a hole for a drywall screw and an anchor. No way I'm hanging my valence with adhesive.

My grow space is really cramped. The ceiling is higher on both sides of the crosspiece and the place I wanted to put the hooks is in a tight alcove 3" wide at the top and 4" wide at the bottom. I took off the adhesive, slapped it on near the top of the alcove and painstakingly made a hole in the drywall with a wood screw, then seated the anchor and screwed the drywall screw in.

With such little clearance, I couldn't use a screwdriver, so I used a vice grip to clamp the screw and turn it. With the clearance, I could only turn the screw 1/4 revolution with each twist.

Needless to say, this took forever. After I finished, I found the hooks themselves (they snap off so you can put the screw through the base) wouldn't fit!

So, I unscrewed the hangers (1/4 turn at a time), then moved them lower and did the above all over again.

The real bummer is that the alcove space is too tall to reach sitting down or squatting and too short to stand up. So, I ended up on my knees for two hours like a $5 whore at a stag party! (Whoa, where did that come from?)

Now that I've got that out of the way, let me answer some fan mail:

Pooh said:
i am high.
It's about time! If you can't keep up with the rest of the class, you're going to be left back.

CallMeCrazy said:
Please tell me thats not aluminum foil
V-Man said:
Heard aluminium foil was ok to use if you turned it around to the not so shiney side?

Yes, that is aluminum foil. And I know you're supposed to put the dull, not the shiny, side toward the plants.

But I'm a Maverick! I don't play by the rules! I put the shiny side toward the kids. Go on, report me to the "not so precious metals" police.
Seriously, I, too, read that you shouldn't face the shiny side of aluminum foil towards your crop (thanks, Vannelle, for calling it poor man's mylar - LOL).

It's supposed to create hot spots on your plants.

Come on! A million scientists can't even focus the Hubble Telescope, so how is a ratty sheet of shiny metal going to focus an intense beam of light on your plants. People! This is not a James Bond movie where the reflection is going to be focussed like a laser beam and set your entire crop on fire!

Sorry for the rant, kamykazi3! It wasn't aimed at you! I saw your journal and I think you're cool, man. I'm just tired of some of the crap that gets posted!

LJFM Said:
Hey ggrant just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my journal and say you've got a great looking grow! Subbed and can't wait to see more pictures!

I see you're a man of keen discernment and impeccable taste. Welcome aboard!

Miwa said:
Got that from a 420 member...now i want Amy...

Take her away! You have an odd sense of beauty. Miwa.

Hey,

Is it just me or are some of my posts getting deleted or their pictures missing. I can't find the one I posted about the Royals and Amy Winehouse, nor can I find some of the pics I've attached to my posts.

Did they get censored or am I being paranoid?

Im on the lacking sleep bus today, so your not alone grant... Also on your knee's for 2 hours? sounds like some girls ive seen at the local train station, usually chewing gum and have very little teeth lol

So have you got the baba's back in the right room now?

Also i reported you to the police for using tin-foil, actually nah i didnt cause i use it to lol :bravo:

Keep the updates coming, cant wait till harvest time :cheer:

Yeah, the babies are back home, V-Dude.

I took one out again trying to get a decent yellow sun picture, but I don't have a tripod. It's amazing how much brighter the grow space is than my bathroom. I put in enough bulbs to have 300W incandescent lighting, but that's nothing compared to a 400W HPS bulb.

I was hoping to be able to show you what the trikes look like. I took one extra picture under the red sun. The trikes are more clearly evident, but you can't see their color.

Here's the snaps:

Salmon Colored Cola

SalmonCola.jpg

Buzz Cola

BuzzCola.jpg

Yellow Sun Trichomes

Trichs20.jpg

Red Sun Trichomes

RedSunTrikes.jpg

i lolled at the royal family....."hahahaha youre poor"..they could have done it to me.....i use aluminium foil...and yes i also use the shiney side...because im a rebel....ah poor rebel......but i m young i can recall seeing that post....so its not lost! :thumb:

p.s. mine was deleted also....the vid of robbie......because it was at the wrong place.... @STAFF ...i understand and i appollogise....sometimes in the heat...of posting ones mind travels away to the strangest places and...... hence the mistake....again sorry for my wrongdoing.

Wow!! your ladies look very happy and healthy. I understand about the other pictures getting deleted, I would much rather see grow pictures and such.

I got up early this morning, so I could try another experiment taking pictures. This roving reporter has clipped a globe with 2 25W CFL's onto his shoulder trying to get some better pictures for his adoring fans. I also used a makeshift tripod. The results?

Not so spectacular. I may have to replace the HPS for the MH for a few hours just to get a decent shot of the trikes. (Yes, I'm OCD!) By the way, I looked at them under a 10X loupe last night and they are still clear. They are developing but still need to get bigger. Most are standing erect. When they turn milky and start to sag would be, I think, a good time to harvest.

They have just finished 6 weeks in flower. The skinny on these critters (from the seed provider) is:

What makes her unique amongst any other sativa dominated hybrids is her really short and quick flowering, it takes just 8 weeks. Some cannabis growers choose to leave her for another week or two for the best result. Already at the beginning of flowering, a very nice smell of ripe fruits and earth appears and remains throughout maturing.

There was no smell during veg. When I switched to flower, I noticed the smell starting to get really strong and thought it's turn to turn on the carbon filter. I completely forgot to do this as the smell just seemed to fade. I'm still not using the filter. I don't disturb the girls too much, but if I move them around a lot - Whoa!

Even though the photos I took are less than rivetting, I'm going to post them anyway (because it took so much trouble to take them, that's why!).

Here goes:

In the spirit of the holiday season, here is a picture of

The Three Wise Men

ThreeWiseMen.jpg

Yikes, Trikes!

YikesTrikes.jpg

Yikes, Trikes Too!

YikesTRikes2.jpg

If I don't see some of you before the holiday, have a Merry (please pencil in your favorite pagan festival)!

Back
Top Bottom