Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

Oh yeah @Grand Daddy Black cheers for that about the 18/6. I wanna set up a DWC Fast Buds Gelato auto at some point in the future in my veg tent.

i think it’s gonna take me a minute to get the timing down so that I’m not crowding my veg tent while keeping my flower tent full. I basically need 2 plants of each size 3gal, 1gal, and solo cup.. plus my moms..Maybe I could squeeze in a 4 gal DWC or hempy. I’d also like to run another DDa and a Pomelo at some point.

in the veg tent, if I can keep the plant mostly contained to the pot size in width, I can fit two side by side on the end of the tent. That’ll save a ton of space. With 2 1 gallon pots and maybe 4 or 6 solo cups, I should be able to get a square 4 gallon bucket in there. That’ll be my auto spot if I can fit it.

Oh yeah @Grand Daddy Black cheers for that about the 18/6. I wanna set up a DWC Fast Buds Gelato auto at some point in the future in my veg tent.

i think it’s gonna take me a minute to get the timing down so that I’m not crowding my veg tent while keeping my flower tent full. I basically need 2 plants of each size 3gal, 1gal, and solo cup.. plus my moms..Maybe I could squeeze in a 4 gal DWC or hempy. I’d also like to run another DDa and a Pomelo at some point.

in the veg tent, if I can keep the plant mostly contained to the pot size in width, I can fit two side by side on the end of the tent. That’ll save a ton of space. With 2 1 gallon pots and maybe 4 or 6 solo cups, I should be able to get a square 4 gallon bucket in there. That’ll be my auto spot if I can fit it.
Wow, Chef! Even though I know I want one, I've never given much thought to what I'd do with another tent at my disposal. You've got me thinking about it now, and I realize there are more possibilities than I have even considered. Unfortunately, I can't magically refit my house to make adding another tent possible at this time. But you've given me something nice to dream about tonight.

And with that, I will say goodnight. (Got to get up at 7am tomorrow and it's 2:30am now.) Thanks! :Rasta:

I understand completely, Chef. I'm working with one 4x4 tent - that's it, one. And I do have a dark closet for drying and dark periods before harvesting. I would so like to increase my space by setting up another tent (or 2) but don't have the space to do it. (So many seeds, so little room).

By the way, my best auto grow was at 18/6. I switched to 20/4 after that one and the results have never matched what I achieved at 18/6. My current auto grow is at 20/4, and as of this very moment, I wondering why? The quantity I achieved at 20/4 was cool, but the quality did not match what I got at 18/6. Why haven't I gone back to 18/6? Beats the crap out of me. I think this is an official "Duh" moment. Revelations come to you in the strangest ways here on 420! Next grow, back to 18/6. Thank you -- I guess! :Rasta:
You're not the first I've heard say that GDB. Although some are bound to do better at 20/4, I think most do best at 18/6.

My pleasure GDB! I’m constantly thinking about these things. How can I maximize my space and get even more flower.

thanks for the confirmation Otter.

I peaked my head in the veg tent just now and every single plant is praying really hard. I definitely have got things back on track for my vegging plants. everybody looks extraordinarily happy, so that’s great.

So I was just in the flower tent looking at things, mostly trichomes. The star pupil looks closest to harvest to me. She’s got a small amount of amber and mostly cloudy, only thing is she’s still got a ton of white pistils. Breeder suggestion is 1-2 more weeks, last time I chopped her at flip + 63 and I enjoy her smoke quite a lot. right now she’s at flip + 55, day 48 since bloom began. I’ll probably take her right around the same time as before, maybe a bit longer. I’m thinking I’ll see if she’ll keep going til 9 weeks in bloom, which would be about flip + 70. Maybe two more weeks. Ultimately if the trichomes look right to me, she’s coming down.

Im surprised, I thought the NL would be the first down by at least 2 weeks. If I’m not mistaken @beez0404 said that the NL runs 49-56 days? She still looks like she’s got plenty of clear trichomes to me, so she’ll probably be pushed at least 1 more week. Which would be flip+63, 56 days since pistils. I won’t be surprised if she goes 2 more though.

the CnC is looking all clear and cloudy still. I know that’s my longest running strain though. Those girls will probably go til flip + 77, 70 days from pistils.

I understand completely, Chef. I'm working with one 4x4 tent - that's it, one. And I do have a dark closet for drying and dark periods before harvesting. I would so like to increase my space by setting up another tent (or 2) but don't have the space to do it. (So many seeds, so little room).

By the way, my best auto grow was at 18/6. I switched to 20/4 after that one and the results have never matched what I achieved at 18/6. My current auto grow is at 20/4, and as of this very moment, I wondering why? The quantity I achieved at 20/4 was cool, but the quality did not match what I got at 18/6. Why haven't I gone back to 18/6? Beats the crap out of me. I think this is an official "Duh" moment. Revelations come to you in the strangest ways here on 420! Next grow, back to 18/6. Thank you -- I guess! :Rasta:
I feel you on the Duh moment. I had planned to get a dryer vent and vent the hot air out the window. My exhaust duct was sitting on top of my tent, Not hooked to a dryer vent going out the window. Out of site out of mind as the saying goes. Well I have been fighting high temps so Magoo ask on my journal where the exhaust was running and :idea: Duh moment. I remembered I hadn't ran the hot air out the window. I added a piece of duct to make it long enough to go out the window and my temps went down 14f

It’s funny how sometimes it takes posting a message on 420 to realize something you overlooked.
I do it all the time. Some times you see things in pics you didn't notice. Then of course there is the Duh moments like the one I just had when Magoo mentioned something I had over looked. Exhausting the hot air out the window :idea: and my high temps were taken care of. Got to Love the easy fixes

@Grand Daddy Black I saw your post with regard to light cycles for your autos. I grow autos as fillers more then anything else. Typically they will be growing under 18/6 lighting. Last winter I had a hiccup and did not have a replacement plant ready when I harvested a photo plant from my flowering tent. That left me with a 2x2 open space (which I HATE) . I very much dislike lighting up a corner of my 4x4 with nothing in it. So I grabbed my Dark Devil Auto plant that was, at the time, about 10 days into flowering and stuck her into my photo plant flowering tent under 12/12 lighting. I did this to make me feel better about running my QB lights in a full tent, but I also wanted to see how the DDA would perform under these lights and with that light cycle. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well she did. In the 4 weeks she was in there filling space she continued to grow and put out more side branching. She looked like a normal DDA plant growing in 18/6 lighting. Normally my autos are grown under smaller, less powerful blurple LED lights. So maybe she just enjoyed being under the QB lights and that's what she responded to? But I wouldn't hesitate to try an auto grow under the QB lights in 12/12 lighting.

What is your favorite auto flower strain that you've grown so far and why?

Hey everybody,

a ways back I had said that I wanted to investigate the terpenes of the strains I grow. My star pupil is something I plan to keep running for a long long time. She’ll probably be every 5-6th girl. So, I decided to check out the mass medical site and see what I can find about star pupil.
Potency
Terpenes

Looking at the terpenes, it makes sense that this strain knocks me on my ass if i smoke a good bit. I’ve read that myrcene over .5% causes sedative effects. Also the linalool explains the complex herbal smell. Linalool adds a sort of spicy lavender smell, but only a tiny bit.

Not sure how much credibility I would put in an analysis on the site selling the seeds. I did a bit of reading on the various companies that you can send samples to and found that unsurprisingly results can be tailored to suit the needs of those sending in the samples. For a price of course. Usually in the form of a signed contract to give that testing facility all of your business.

I am not saying that the information above isn't spot on accurate. Just saying that from what I read there is a possibility that the numbers could be "off" a bit.

Not sure how much credibility I would put in an analysis on the site selling the seeds. I did a bit of reading on the various companies that you can send samples to and found that unsurprisingly results can be tailored to suit the needs of those sending in the samples. For a price of course. Usually in the form of a signed contract to give that testing facility all of your business.

I am not saying that the information above isn't spot on accurate. Just saying that from what I read there is a possibility that the numbers could be "off" a bit.

Techinically they don’t sell seeds on the mass medical sight. It’s more about giving info on the strains they’ve created as well as links to banks that sell their gear.

What do you mean tailored? Like they send in the one calyx with the most trichomes or something?

There is a LOT of competition in the cannabis industry. Fledgling companies trying to get their foot in the door. So a breeder approaches a brand new lab to "feel" them out. Wanting to get their business off the ground it is possible that in exchange for their repeat business and positive word of mouth advertising a lab might be inclined to scratch out the 15.6% THC level a strain tested at and change that number to 21.8%. The breeder/dispensary is of course happy and the new lab is happy to have picked up a new repeat customer. This scenario is not uncommon. Do the research. There are labs that don't do this of course, but how does the average Joe know which do and which do not?

And trust me, if a breeder can get a lab result printout stating that their strain XXX runs a THC level of 21.3% as opposed to 15.8% which do you think they'll use? Which would you be more inclined to purchased based on the lab results?

Before I knew companies did this I bought some seeds. They were Super Critical Bud CBD they claim it has 23% THC and 21% CBD. I don't think it is quite that high. The lab Must have exaggerated. 44% total just seems way too high. I have one growing now and my buddy has one. I had trouble getting the seeds to germinate. I only have one seed left I hope its not a dud so I can grow it again

Back
Top Bottom