Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

Thanks Yeti! The other moms have some swollen seed pods too. The only one I couldn’t photograph was the Sour Bubba.

Here’s the Cookies n Chem

This ones the NL. She’s only got one big pod, but there are clearly a bunch more not far behind.

Here’s the Grandpa Glue. Unfortunately the grandpa glue had an accident and is totally flipped now... but Im about to give her a bit of a stake to stand her up. She’s got seed pods thoug

looks like I’ll be getting seeds of all kinds! The only question is will they be viable.

Grab 5 of each and send them to me. I'll test them for viability for you! :rofl: :woohoo:

Because you don't have a whole bunch of seeds on your plants take some advice from someone (me) who has made quite a lot of seeds. RESIST THE URGE to pluck any seeds off until they're at least 5-6 weeks old. And then just take one from the last plant you pollinated figuring it that one is fully mature the others most likely could be as well.

alright, I’ll wait til June 20 to check one. That’ll be 6 weeks from today which should be plenty, the seeds should be about a week old by now.

you can only test their viability if you also test their flowering cycle!

Thanks Beez! Couldn’t have done it without ya! I’ll put some more pics up of the moms in a bit. But yeah, seems to be a big success. Now I’ve just gotta keep the moms happy til delivery day.

I also chopped the pollen branches off the star pupil yesterday

I don’t much like the idea either.. but adding a small amount of rice flower made the task of grouping up the pollen easier. I move the flower around on the card and it picks up the pollen.
I think that the rice flower is much larger than the pollen. I guess we’ll find out when I try to use it.

Late to the party but I've certainly learned something.
Always an interesting read, Chef :thumb:

In to see how this turns out now. Makes me want to cross some strains!! But I think I'm going to have to grow a few to figure which are right for me

Late to the party but I've certainly learned something.
Always an interesting read, Chef :thumb:

In to see how this turns out now. Makes me want to cross some strains!! But I think I'm going to have to grow a few to figure which are right for me
Thanks for checkin it out burdok. This is my very first attempt at a reverse and pollination. I haven’t posted in a while, but we’re basically just waiting for the moms to show me mature seeds.. I’m expecting that to happen around the middle of June

Well here we are at the middle of June, my moms have definitely got plenty of mature seeds.

i chopped my star pupil mom up tonight, I’ve picked out 80 or so s1s.There’s probably 4-5 that aren’t viable.

I’ll let all the shake dry out and go through it again in a few days. The other plants I’ll chop and hang tomorrow. I’m not planning to consume the SP material because of the CS applications. I’m sure it would still be fine, Im not going to use it regardless.

Great job on the seeds. Doing some quick math here you produced 80 (so far) Star Pupil seeds that sell for approximately $17.00 each. So this round of seed making for just the S1 Star Pupil seeds gives you a future savings of 80x17= $1,360.00

Back
Top Bottom