Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

Here’s a fun update,

I took only bud shots. You guys haven’t seen close ups in sometime I believe, and every plant is getting its frost on now. The killer A5 is making a serious recovery with the introduction of mc. Her color is better, she’s praying more, and I’m not seeing that N claw nearly like I was before. I think I’ll keep her going on MC this time around. Besides that everything looks killer. I’m watering every other day basically. Sometimes the garlic sherb will go a third day before it needs more water. Speaking of, it’s starting to do it’s thing also and go dark purple nearly black. That’s always fun to see.
Without further adieu:

im itchin to try this produce. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had something totally new in my bowl. Til next time friends.
:blunt:

Let the bud dreaming begin! Those are beauties!
You can say that again SO!

I gotta say I was initially super excited about the LA Cheese, and I still am, but now that I can get a sniff of each one I remember how excellent the Xanadu was. I really love the terpenes and structure of that plant. She smells like those frankincense-y Sativas, but grows squat like a bubba kush. This run is going much better than the last already, so I’m hoping for greatness out of her.

Maybe you got the piff taste going on there. Sounds great!
100% piff flavor, I love it. She’s identical to the last one too. I’ll definitely be reveg/cloning/reversing this plant.

Well folks,
Today is a very exciting day. I’ve been checking every day for a while now to see if I’ve got some open pollen sacs. I’ve spotted a few, but I like to give em a little time to dry a bit before I go tapping on them. I found a couple in particular that seemed really promising, so gave the branch a little tap with my paint brush, and guess what happened...

Fucking bingo ladies and gents. I dust up one branch of the cookies n chem and marked it. Hopefully we should see pistils turning soon and calyxes swelling into some nice S1s. Upon further inspection, I found that the branch next to the treated branch looked like this...

I think I might be late to the self love party! This cookies n chem is gettin’ it on all alone. In my experience browned off pistils that crook at an angle like that is a good sign of pollination. I’ll be keeping an eye to see if the calyxes swell into seed on that branch. Now every morning I’ll try to collect a little pollen And dust a new branch of the cookies n chem. With that first bit of pollen I dusted the treated branch itself, as well as a single spot on each of the other 5 plants. I’ll continue to dust that same branch on each other plant until there’s a single branch on each plant well filled with seed. This is a crucial moment in this grow, so hold on to your butts.

Well folks,
Today is a very exciting day. I’ve been checking every day for a while now to see if I’ve got some open pollen sacs. I’ve spotted a few, but I like to give em a little time to dry a bit before I go tapping on them. I found a couple in particular that seemed really promising, so gave the branch a little tap with my paint brush, and guess what happened...

Fucking bingo ladies and gents. I dust up one branch of the cookies n chem and marked it. Hopefully we should see pistils turning soon and calyxes swelling into some nice S1s. Upon further inspection, I found that the branch next to the treated branch looked like this...

I think I might be late to the self love party! This cookies n chem is gettin’ it on all alone. In my experience browned off pistils that crook at an angle like that is a good sign of pollination. I’ll be keeping an eye to see if the calyxes swell into seed on that branch. Now every morning I’ll try to collect a little pollen And dust a new branch of the cookies n chem. With that first bit of pollen I dusted the treated branch itself, as well as a single spot on each of the other 5 plants. I’ll continue to dust that same branch on each other plant until there’s a single branch on each plant well filled with seed. This is a crucial moment in this grow, so hold on to your butts.
Winner winner chicken dinner! I'm holdin!

Winner winner chicken dinner! I'm holdin!
We’re all holdin’! That’s why we grow the stuff :laugh:

dusted a few More nodes this morning.. sure hope I’m in for a buttload of seed.

I think so!
Here’s to hopin you’re right! :blunt:
That frost is a'coming on strong, and congrats on another successful pollen-making round Chef!

And you have some amazing spears growing in there. :drool:
Yeah it might be 80 degrees but it’s looking like winter has come, and thank you! This is a very important reverse, so I’m glad that I’ve been able to see some pollen alright. Hopefully I’ll be able to continue pollinating for the next week or so.

The spears are thanks to @Mars Hydro and their ts3000!

Well folks,

pollen update last week. That branch has remained on the plant this entire week and has a fan blowing directly on it. So, as I’m sure you may have guess, what I’ve got to show you all is seeds seeds seeds!

The cookies n Chem is loaded with seed pods. Everywhere I look there’s more i didn’t see previously.

Seeds seeds seeds! Cookies n chem

Xanadu - different branches

Killer A5 Haze

LA Cheese

The Garlic sherbet has like 2-3 seed pods on almost every branch. She’s really lovely looking.

grandpa punch only had a couple of seeds I could spot. I think she’s the fastest flowering plant in the bunch though so she’s probably a bit too far along to really be well pollinated. I’m dusting her lower buds hoping they’ll take longer to mature and thus ripen the seeds fully. Sure is frosty though :drool:

That’s all for now folks. I would like to say I had some technical difficulties with the time lapse cam this week, seems there was a user error in setting the timelapse schedule. I do have last weeks video though, which I will post shortly.
:meditate::lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom