Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

Hey @billy13778 thanks for stopping in.

To answer your question, i believe you could sow these seeds and they would germinate. For long term storage, however, you'll want to dry your seeds for 30 days in the open air before putting them in a baggie or vial for storage.

All your plants looking good Chef. Congrats on the seeds.

Gonna be a heck of a trim party. You might need some help.

When ya thinking about harvesting??

When I do seeds I usually just use the flower for edibles but looks like you gonna have some decent flower to go with a bunch of seeds.

Thanks for checkin it out B.B.

I'll have to enlist the Mrs to help me trim a lot of this flower up, cause you're right it's gonna be a long one.

Historically I've done the same when making seeds. I just can't bring myself to shuck that grandpa punch into the edible bin, nor the LA Cheese... honestly I wanna smoke all of these plants.

I'm gonna try to get everything hanging in the next few days. I've got a couple of sample branches of the GP that will be ready to jar either tomorrow or wednesday.

I'm with ya on the edible bin. Its a tough call. I usually get 1/2 n 1/2. Can get some good solid flower most of the time.

You have a nice selection to make seeds with.

I've got a few Jelly Punch going now I'm digging.

Yeah the Jelly Punch looks outrageous, I'd love to grow one of those.

I actually popped a Jellium S1 about a month ago to give to a friend. He got it into the ground last week, should be a big big girl.

Hey everybody!

I wanted to post up some photos of the very first nuggets from this tent to go into a jar. This branch of grandpa punch has been hanging for 8 days. It’s very lime-fuely but I can smell the fruitiness still. I’m hoping it cures out fruity. I’ll give it a couple of days in the jar before I give it a test run, just make sure it’s all the way dry..... no shortage of bag appeal here!

Thanks Guys!

here’s a few pics from today. First branch of Confidential(LA) Cheese to go into the jar, as well as the seeds found there.

Edit:
I decided to look through the branch one more time, and this is what I found in addition to the first photo.

Thanks Shed.

So one plant down and 4 more to go. This is gonna take a lot longer than I thought. With one helper, it took us two hours to remove all the fan leaves and pick as many seeds as we could to get the plant hung. We did the rest of the LA Cheese today. I would guess between 400 and 500 seeds. I squeezed the hell out of every single one as we collected them, so all the non viables have been culled. At this rate, we’ve got another 20 hours of work to get the other 4 plants hung. Then we’ll have another couple of hours per plant to get them all dry trimmed. About 30 hours of work per person with two. Way longer than I could’ve imagined.

I squeezed the hell out of every single one as we collected them, so all the non viables have been culled.
:takingnotes:
At this rate, we’ve got another 20 hours of work to get the other 4 plants hung. Then we’ll have another couple of hours per plant to get them all dry trimmed. About 30 hours of work per person with two.
:eek: Holy cow! I'm exhausted reading that. Wish I was there to lend a hand. :(

Would’ve been really handy to have a third pair of hands! One person cleaning fans , one person searching for seeds, and another person hanging the branches.. like an assembly line. I’m pretty damn surprised at the amount of beans off this LA Cheese. I barely dusted one branch by hand and the whole damn plant was well seeded.

oh and with the squeezing thing.. viable seeds can take an astounding amount of pressure. So if the seed cracks and breaks with even a good amount, it’s probably better off in the culled pile than trying to grow it months later when a better seed could be in its place. God forbid I give someone seeds that should’ve been culled. That’s the worst case scenario, so I’m trying to be uber selective.

I don't know the reason behind it but I believe it's actually on the bottle!

This should be the pdf instructions if the link works on my phone:

Found it! It says:

"To help avoid insect resistance to Spinosad, limit applications to any specific site to no more than 6 times per year."
Thanks for digging that up for me. That does make sense as the spinosad works fantastically well.

Thought you might find this interesting Shed

Today is day 43 for this autoflower and I finally noticed this

So i will discontinue the CS treatment. I've been treating her since day 18, so that's 25 days of treatment. Should have pollen in another 14-21 days. here she is in all her glory, sorry for the garbage photo quality. Takes up about half the tub.

that was 25 days of twice daily cs. I really wanted this plant to reverse. I think it ended up being roughly 10 days before I noticed pistils. also in the last week I upped the ppm from 50 to ~80 ppm. ( i added 6ml of 240ppm cs to 116ml of 50ppm, so you can do the math)

yes I think it came in closer to 90 actually, but from here on out I'll be adding 2:1 distilled : 240ppm cs, so the bottle will eventually average out around 80ppm. The 50 works, but not well enough for comfort. It feels like your plant is resisting at 50, if the cultivar is particularly robust... although that last run ended fairly fruitfully..

Back
Top Bottom