Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

These are my first bubba plants, but I can tell there’s little Bubba in the Sour cause the Xanny is in veg and she stinks like skunk/kush. The sour never smelled like that

Im really excited about the grandpa Glue also. I was taking off a few fan leaves and they just gush with the most delightful smelling sap. Smells kind of lime/gasoline. Her small leaves are starting to shimmer with microtrichomes as well.

With the trichome production this strain is know for, should be loud too. Hopefully the terpinator comes in soon so I can start using it.. Got an updated on my coot amendments. Should be here tomorrow morning. 10 hrs or so and I’ll be mixing my soil.

Morning @ChefDGreen , question for you.

I read in your update that you pH your MC, I thought that part of the MC charm was that you didn’t need to adjust pH, am I wrong?
Morning Celt
In soil it’s not necessary to pH the MC, but with my hempy plant there’s no soil there to buffer the pH. the plant is going to sit with its roots in a reservoir of the solution I pour in, so I’d like for that reservoir to be in the right pH range for proper nutrient uptake.

Thank you Chef, much appreciated. As a LOS grower, and as old as I am, some things like “hempy” are new to me lol but I intend to try MC in a hempy grow just to learn something new :)
Its a cinch my friend. Weigh your MC, pH test your solution with a pH pen.. add a few drops to get the pH in the 5.5-5.6 range and you’re done.

Pulling up my chair and catching up on the action!
Thanks, Chef, and good luck!
Welcome! There’s a lot going on around here and plenty of folks chiming in. If there’s anything you don’t understand or are wondering about feel free to ask!

Alright folks, time for a non-plant update.

My coot mix finally arrived! And with it, the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Well.... the moment 1 month before the moment we’ve all been waiting for. First thing I did was bust up half of the Barley Hulls they sent me.

Then I put on a mask and I measured and rinsed 8 gallons of perlite. I spread that out on the tarp, and I added 9 gallons of peat on top of it.

once the peat was spread out I measured my 5 gallons of compost. I’ll tell you what, the Quoddy blend from Coast of Maine is serious business. I could tell the moment I cut the bag open. It smelled so sweet and earthy, and was still very moist. Although it clods up, it’s very fine compost. It stains your hands black.

12 lb bag of EWC that ended up being just shy of 4 gallons. I supplemented with another 2-3 quarts of compost

spread that all out, then dump on the powdered barley.

Last but not least, coot amendments and minerals

Now everything is on the tarp. So I went around corner by corner, lifting the tarp up and tumbling the soil onto itself. After a few rotations I spread it out and start again. I did that probably 7-8 times. No reason to slack here, I’ve only gotta do it once. When I finished it looked great. No clumps or streaks of anything.

the soil was pretty moist from washing the perlite and the moisture from the compost. It just barely held together a little. I filled up a bucket of water to let the chlorine evaporate. Tomorrow I plan to moisten it to the proper level.

Im on my way to organic produce everybody! :slide::yahoo:

see you back here may 14th for Chef’s first organic girl. Maybe we’ll take a vote of what strain it should be.

youll never go back organic is the best :)
I’m already sure you’re right and I haven’t even grown or sampled any produce.... if I’m straight water and tea (if I feel like it) from here on out, I’m sold already.

Back
Top Bottom