Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

Here's the microbulator I use - I purchased mine several years ago and on my 2nd pump now.

Tim points to one on his website.

Here's a link to the microbulator I use with the pro pump, its got info for a pump there as well. You should be able to source one cheaper. I paid $30 for my last one.

Compost Tea Brewer - 5 Gallon Mini Microbulator

You can use your smaller pump no problems just don't aerate too long. With a smaller pump time is your enemy so do a shorter bubble say 12-24 hrs max.

I graduated to the microbulator. It makes things go pretty quick and with that much air we know we got the goodies going.

For amounts of microbes. Too much is just enough. A handful of compost and water is pretty cheap. When we start purchasing products like Re-charge or Mammonth-P which are basically compost teas, the price goes up exponentially in comparison. So a few pennies for compost tea vs the store bought stuff.

To be honest I haven't noticed any difference between compost tea and Re-charge. I think I got some re-charge free so I'm OK using it. lol

Like Vulx - same thing. There are much less expensive alternatives. I think we should be building soil sourced from stuff we can get locally as much as possible and it's possible for sure.
also thank you for the advice on the short bubble! Should I also limit the volume of water to a couple of gallons? The microbulator looks great and not that expensive without the pump, but for now I’ve gotta stick to lower budget options. Definitely something to keep in mind for the future.

why should any watering be singled out as special or not as special as any other one? I am all for dialing it in, but at the price of recharge, I guess I got lazy seeing such crazy good results.

Bob got no extra benefit from either Recharge or Vulx, but I did, big time. Go figure.
I just meant in the interest of saving money, figure out a watering cycle that works to that ends.
There were definitely environmental difference between your and bobs grow areas that I imagine would cause different value to be gained from the products. That’s the only reason I can think of that your mileage would’ve varied so greatly

Well folks, tracking says Friday delivery on my coots mix. Looks like I’ll be mixing my soil sooner rather than later.

count down to organic bud :lot-o-toke:

I’m gonna do a big Sour Bubba first I think.... unless the NL just grows out of control like it usually does. Grandpa Glue will have to be after that if I can get one of these cuts to root.

If you mean this Friday that will put your soil ready to use at May 10th at the earliest. I know the batch I let cook for a full 30 days was primo stuff.
Yes sir, should be here tomorrow. I may let it go a bit longer, depends on the weather and how cold it gets during this next month. If it’s warm I’ll probably try it out on a plant may 10th

Oh yeah it’ll be indoors. We just don’t have control of the thermostat, so when it gets really cold it definitely drops below 68 in my house. I think if I store it next to my tents, the lights should keep that room warm enough. I think it should be fine. Every once in a while I’ll stick a probe in it, see where it’s at. You think it might be worthwhile to set the tote on my heat pad on cold days?

Well I’ll stick with the tea cause I’ve already got the EWC and I know I’ll be getting kelp meal pretty soon. What do you think about espoma brand kelp meal? I know the I can find it in stores vs coast of Maine I’ll have to order

I looked up espoma kelp meal. It's a "brown kelp" that's all I could find.

We like to use a specific kelp variety called "acsophyllum nodosum". When this is used to make the kelp meal its usully on the label.

In a pinch can use what's available. Good sources locally are your feed store they feed kelp to barnyard animals as a supplement since many of the grown feeds are lacking in some important minerals and nutrients. Kelp has them all and why it's so good for soils.

Bob got no extra benefit from either Recharge or Vulx, but I did, big time. Go figure.

Just to be clear - I said i didn't notice any "difference" from ACT vs recharge other than the price.

I've never used vulx since I have no idea what it's made of and I dont add anything to my soil mix that I do not know EXACTLY what it is.

How we remain organic.

Fastest way to loose an organic certification:

"I put this stuff in my soil but I dont know what it is, it cost me $30/kg"

If in fact its $30 / kg for volcanic rock dust, last time I bought some brix blend basalt fine powder it was $51 for...... wait for it.......... 40#s which equals out to a tad over $1/lb or $2.50 / kilo.

All I'm saying is there are less expensive options but they likely dont have colorful fancy labels. Sorry

I looked up espoma kelp meal. It's a "brown kelp" that's all I could find.

We like to use a specific kelp variety called "acsophyllum nodosum". When this is used to make the kelp meal its usully on the label.

In a pinch can use what's available. Good sources locally are your feed store they feed kelp to barnyard animals as a supplement since many of the grown feeds are lacking in some important minerals and nutrients. Kelp has them all and why it's so good for soils.

I’ll check my feed store again, maybe they’ll have the right kind of kelp meal. When I was there last I was only looking for the lobster compost. If they don’t have it, I’ll play it safe and order the right stuff online. Thanks for those details. It’s always the details that make or break you.

Hopefully there shouldn't be too many cold days left but do what you've got to do to keep the soil warm.
I think where I’m planning to store it, it should stay in the 70s. I’ll keep an eye on the temps. Ill throw a blanket down under the tote to keep it off the hardwood. That should help

also thank you for the advice on the short bubble! Should I also limit the volume of water to a couple of gallons? The microbulator looks great and not that expensive without the pump, but for now I’ve gotta stick to lower budget options. Definitely something to keep in mind for the future.

I used an aquarium pump and air stone for many years before I met microbeman Tim.

He did all the heavy lifting with a microscope and a brain.

Yeah you can lower the volume but not required just dont aerate too long. Less then 24 hrs is good.

With a lot of air, that overcomes those bad microbes @Emylia pointed to. With less air that gives them a fighting chance so time is on their side. Think beer or wine making and the times it takes those bacteria to reproduce. They are anerobic so they really get going over time.

I used an aquarium pump and air stone for many years before I met microbeman Tim.

He did all the heavy lifting with a microscope and a brain.

Yeah you can lower the volume but not required just dont aerate too long. Less then 24 hrs is good.

With a lot of air, that overcomes those bad microbes @Emylia pointed to. With less air that gives them a fighting chance so time is on their side. Think beer or wine making and the times it takes those bacteria to reproduce. They are anerobic so they really get going over time.
If I were to buy a new air pump, would a 32w 950gph air pump do the trick? Does the size and shape of the stone matter? All I’ve got is the little golf ball sized one.

i mean.. is the difference that dramatic? The results I’ll get with an underpowered air pump running it less than 24hr vs a better air pump doing it properly. Cause I’ve got the 40 bucks to invest if that’s all it’ll take. Also I won’t need to buy it for another month at least.

Yeah @PCaddict I’m glad I could be of service! This looks like it’s gonna be a good bit of fun.. oh and the best weed on the planet, can’t forget that.

Well I’m gonna need to cost this thing out before I just start buying stuff then. Thanks for the video @MagicJim , that parts list will come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom