Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

Okay so I’ve looked around quite a bit at other forums and such, and I’ve seen plenty of people who have read the article. What I’m not seeing, is anyone at all who has tried it. So as it may be a risk, I have to do it for science. We can either put this one to bed, or decide it’s worth a closer look.... maybe it’s a hidden gem no one has had the sand to try.
I have to admit im a chicken when it comes to messing with them during flower but im interested to see what it does good luck to ya chef may you get fattest buds you've seen. :)

So putting the ladies to bed this morning and the NL looked kinda stressed about all the extra light. We’ll see how she looks in the morning when the lights come on again, but if she gets worse on the second day then I might cut this thing short.. I’m hoping she’s just getting acclimated.

So putting the ladies to bed this morning and the NL looked kinda stressed about all the extra light. We’ll see how she looks in the morning when the lights come on again, but if she gets worse on the second day then I might cut this thing short.. I’m hoping she’s just getting acclimated.
yes lets hope I would think a plant like a cannibus plant that revolves around light schedules would automatically be stressed when there life is disrupted but not sure how this is going to go!

Probably going to take 5 or 6 days for the plant to get used to the new light schedule.
Probably, yeah. It’ll be fine and I’ll let them adjust as long as the stress doesn’t cause too much damage. If I see a ton of fans dying off or damage to the buds I’ll call it.

my initial reaction though is that 21 is too long. Maybe 18/12 would’ve been a better starting point.

Did you expect the plant to continue to look the same and just produce bigger buds for you? It just makes sense that the plant is going to begin cannibalizing it's fan leaves as it's natural instincts are telling it it's that time of year. They are drawing energy and sugars from the fan leaves to feed and beef up the flowers/buds.

No, I didn’t really have expectations of overall plant health... I’m not surprised by the reaction. I do, however, have hope that the buds will grow even larger because of the extra light energy. Hopefully they beef up very large.

I saw a post about a company that was selling fog cloners and a member here that DIY’d one up the same.. this is the result...

That photo really grabbed my attention...
You should enter that pic in Photo of the Month mate :thumb:

Well after our brief discussion on PCaddicts thread and the light schedule you are planning, I had to come check this out, skimmed through most of your thread and really only read the last few pages, but intrigued to see how this pans out.

I am in for the remainder if there is a spare seat here somewhere :)

Well after our brief discussion on PCaddicts thread and the light schedule you are planning, I had to come check this out, skimmed through most of your thread and really only read the last few pages, but intrigued to see how this pans out.

I am in for the remainder if there is a spare seat here somewhere :)
The more the merrier! My current crop is looking good enough to eat already, so I figured what the hell. People have read the article, and asked plenty about it, but nobody has really tried it. Or even tried it in late bloom like I am. I am truly the first to put this Master Ito 21:36/12 photoperiod to some kind of test. If I feel like I’m getting noticeable results, I’m considering running this photoperiod permanently. Ito says you’ll increase flower time by ~40%. But that’s not too big of a problem for me, I’ll just space out when I add girls to the flower tent, maybe I’ll add and chop 1/month.

I’ve not read the article, will maybe tonight, but for me, it would depend on the kWh/yield for me to try it. The 14/10 I ran, although a longer day (using more power) the flowering time was shortened and worked out to save about 10 kWh of energy. Not a lot for a home grower (about $2 here) but on a commercial scale, that adds up, and yield was comparable to staying at 12/12.

And on the same note I didn't notice a drop in yield when growing in 11/13 lighting which cut 7 hours of lighting per week and the plants were still harvested in their recommended windows. Heck, I even flowered a Dark Devil auto in that lighting and she did very well.

I’ve not read the article, will maybe tonight, but for me, it would depend on the kWh/yield for me to try it. The 14/10 I ran, although a longer day (using more power) the flowering time was shortened and worked out to save about 10 kWh of energy. Not a lot for a home grower (about $2 here) but on a commercial scale, that adds up, and yield was comparable to staying at 12/12.

It’s very short, only a couple of paragraphs really. You know that’s interesting, do you think the shortened flowering time was because of the shorter night, or the longer day?

And on the same note I didn't notice a drop in yield when growing in 11/13 lighting which cut 7 hours of lighting per week and the plants were still harvested in their recommended windows. Heck, I even flowered a Dark Devil auto in that lighting and she did very well.

Very interesting. You ought to try flowering in 13/11, see if the results are the same still.. or maybe the plants won’t even flower?

It’s very short, only a couple of paragraphs really. You know that’s interesting, do you think the shortened flowering time was because of the shorter night, or the longer day?

Very interesting. You ought to try flowering in 13/11, see if the results are the same still.. or maybe the plants won’t even flower?

My guess the flowering time was shortened due to a higher DLI with the longer day. At this point I haven’t done any mapping of my CMH lights (coming in the near future) but when I do, I will be determine the optimum height for these lights and use the results to fine tune my day/night ratio for flowering.

As to flowering under 13/11...that may work without doing 2 weeks of 12/12 first. First year I grew, I had taken clones of my outdoor THC Bomb with the intent of making mothers. I was keeping them on 14.5hr days (same as I veg any plants I intend to put outside) under 400w of cfl light and the damn things started flowering about a month after lol

My guess the flowering time was shortened due to a higher DLI with the longer day. At this point I haven’t done any mapping of my CMH lights (coming in the near future) but when I do, I will be determine the optimum height for these lights and use the results to fine tune my day/night ratio for flowering.

As to flowering under 13/11...that may work without doing 2 weeks of 12/12 first. First year I grew, I had taken clones of my outdoor THC Bomb with the intent of making mothers. I was keeping them on 14.5hr days (same as I veg any plants I intend to put outside) under 400w of cfl light and the damn things started flowering about a month after lol

Whoa that’s crazy. Just goes to show that it’s night length and not day:night ratio. I think we’re building a pretty strong case here that the ratio means nothing more than an adjustment to finishing time.

quick no photo update today;

So it seems the stress displayed by my NL on the first day was the full extent of the reaction I’m going to get. The leaves are just the same as they were yesterday, no better no worse. I think they’ve adapted honestly, and it couldn’t have been faster! Another good note, I’m not seeing any weird growth/balls/nanners anywhere on any plants. Evidence that a 12 hr uninterrupted night is the only important factor.

Now, I don’t want to be too hasty in saying this.. but I swear my plants are bulking up amazingly from one day to the next.. of course, this is the time in their life that they would bulk up insanely... but I’d like to think the extra light is helping. I don’t see how it couldnt. My DLI went from 20-22 to 38-40. There’s no way that’s not a beneficial change.

I lied... here are some pics

Back
Top Bottom