Chef & His Wife's First Grow - Organic Super Soil - Strain Unknown

IMG_20150329_080304.jpg
What do y'all think? Sativa or indicated? These are bag seeds and pretty sure all from different bags. I'm thinking sativa. What do u think?

yeah too early to tell what trait wins over the other, leaves are not fat enough to be a heavy indica tho so probably going towards sativa

:Namaste:

Good morning!

Last night before bed we peaked in and took some pictures and we thought you would enjoy them so here they are now! lol!

Please excuse the poor photo quality. All we have right now are cameras on our phones and it is very hard to get a good close up on my phone( Its a real POS!)

And here they are...

Number 1...

IMG_20150329_235005.jpg

You can see the main stem has a lot of purple. Do we need to worry about this? And the new growth is really bright green!!

Number 2...

IMG_20150329_235031.jpg

Number 5...

IMG_20150329_235152.jpg

There is a lot of new growth here especially in the bud areas. We were wondering if we might need to trim number 5 a lil more to get light to the bud areas. As you hopefully can see that this secondary growth is booming because it is getting really good light penetration. Should we trim or hold off a while?

And finally all three looking very happy last night...

IMG_20150329_235120.jpg

I will try and get some more pictures up this morning to show a little progress.

:420: Good evening chaps!! :420:

We are excited :cheer: and a little intimidated with this being our first grow and having so many talented and seasoned people peeking in from time to time.

This is just an intro :welcome: for the show to come. We have pictures and plenty of numbers, facts, and background on the grow so far. Just want to bring everyone 100% up to date. So we will lead off with answering all of the questions you have for us and then with the information over load :lot-o-toke: and finally followed up with a photo shoot.

Sit back :hookah: and enjoy :bravo:.

Looking good, the purple could be a normal trait or a mag issue, you say you are using super what is in the recipe chef? Peace OG

The recipe:

To start out we got this from "Sub Cool" off of "gamerchronic.com" and "hightimes.com"

As it seems everyone does on their first grow they do a lot of research. Ours was geard to low and all organic. We ran into "Sub Cool".

Please remember that the recipe we have is one that I converted from the original. The original recipe is much larger than my requirements. I converted the reicpe to fit 10 gallons (dry!). This is very important to know that a dry gallon is totally different than a liquid gallon. Most of you I am sure already know this. I just had to put that out there. So with that being said THE ONLY DRY MEASUREMENT IS FOR THE SOIL! All other units of volume measure is in liquid.

One more thing you should keep in mind is that where we live it is 180 degree difference when pertaining to availability of quality organic soils and amendments. But I feel we did a good job considering what we were working with.

INGREDIENTS:

10 Gallons or 40 Quarts of organic potting soil with coconut fiber.

6.25 lb. worm castings

20150330_233334.jpg

10 oz Steamed Bone Meal

20150330_233316.jpg

10 oz Bat Guano

20150330_233301.jpg

10 oz Blood Meal

20150330_233407.jpg

6oz Rock Phosphate

(no picture)

1.5 Tblsp Epsom Salts

20150330_233339.jpg

1 Tblsp Sweet lime (dolomite)

20150330_233359.jpg

1 Tblsp Azomite (trace elements)

20150330_233310.jpg

3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid

20150330_233327.jpg

4 oz Endo Mycorrhizae Fungus (we know directions say you should add almost directly to roots. But we found that that isnt necessarily the only way to affectively apply the fungus) So we decided to see how it works this way and may change on the next grow.

(And again sorry no picture)

3 1/2 cups of water.

METHOD OF PREPARATION:

Get large mixing pot or tote and place half of the soil in container and then add ammendments in order, cover with remaining soil and pour water onto mix. Mix thoroughly for about 10 to 15 min. Cover and let bake in the sun for 30 days. (We did 24 days because plants were too big for cups.)

Do not plant your plants directly in the "Super Soil". Rather fill up to about half of the pot with super and top the rest off with your base potting soil mix used for the super soil.

And scrubby what do you mean by a mag issue?

We mixed the soil on February 21st and started germinating 6 seeds.

On the 23rd we planted 1 through 4.

On the 24th 5 and 6 were planted and number one was beginning to break through the soil.

On the 25th #3 began to breaking soil.

26th 1 through 3 have sprouted and #6 breaking soil.

28th 4 & 5 sprout. 3 & 6 die.

March 12th transplant 1 & 2 to 16 oz cups.

14th transplant #5 to a 32oz cup

16th transplant 1, 2 & 5 to grow buckets and begin veg cycle. (Soil's 30 day bake mark was March 23rd.

Just after the 16th i started this journal.

So there that is the "play by play"

next up pictures from tonite!!

We started them on 24/0. Now we have them on 18/6 but we have read and we are curios if going on a 15/9 cycle for veg. and 11/13 cycle for flower would be just as affective but with less power? Does anyone know?

Dont change the light schedule again until you go to 12/12 or 11/13. Both are effective light schedules for flower

Another thing you can do is bend those large top fan leaves out of the way so that more light gets in through the top of the plants. Dont break the leaf stems just slightly move em out of the way.

Hey chef, a pipe cleaner with string will work, I like twist ties and fishing line, but to each their own, check back through my old journals lots of pics, soil looks good here was what I used also a take off of subcools, had plants in the soil well over 120 days with just water.
Mine is not made in huge batches here is what I use
2 bags of Roots Organic 707
6 1/4 lbs. worm castings fresh
1 1/4 lbs. blood meal 12-0-0
1 1/4 lbs. bat guano 0-7-0
1 1/4 lbs. fish bone meeal 3-16-0
1/4 cup dolomite lime
2 tablespoons Humic acid
3 tablespoons azomite or glacial rock dust
1/4 cup Epson salt

Peace and keep them green,OG

Bodhi testers GodHead, SSH xTemple and a couple more from OG
OG1969's 3rd Indoor Run 600w MH/HPS Super Soil No Added Nutrients

I like pipe cleaners also. Cheap if you can find them at bulk and very useful. I've also used mason line, but if left too long in one spot the plant will grow into it. The plant will do that with pipe cleaners also. I found that out in a main branch split repair I did.

Back
Top Bottom