Chimeras White Widow Garden (First Grow)

I've got a question for anyone reading this.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing? But here's the deal. My plants are in their 4th & 5th weeks. They are growing a bit slower than the average weed, but look pretty similar to the most recent pictures that I've uploaded above. while my HID lighting still worked, I had them going 18/6, but over the past two weeks I've had them on 24 hours a day with the CFLs.

Moving them back to 18/6 shouldn't be an issue, right? I mean, I doubt they could flower at this point, and even if they could, they probably wouldn't, am I wrong? Anyhow. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Help a poor newb out. :)

Thats a good question. I wish I could help bro I just dont know or have the experience. Ill do what I can to look it up and find the best, most reliable answers for you though.

Ok, so I looked into it and found that it wouldnt be harmful at all switching from 24/0 straight to 18/6.... One post even mentioned there isn't even a need to move down in degrees (22/2 than 20/4 down to 18/6). You'll be fine makin the move.

Lights out update

lightsout1.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo24.jpg

photo34.jpg

photo64.jpg

photo53.jpg

photo42.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman, This grow is back in session!

Sunsystem Budget Grow II now installed and shining that full-spectrum light. Oh yes. Keep posted for tremendous growth.

Nice I cant wait. Little posts like that get me so excited i feel like a little ass kid grinnin and gigglin jus waitin for progress lol...

Nice I cant wait. Little posts like that get me so excited i feel like a little ass kid grinnin and gigglin jus waitin for progress lol...

Haha, you and me both, man. After planning for months, just watching these things grow is like a prolonged night-before-christmas.

Hello my gardening friends.

So here's the story. I'm attempting my first grow here! I have a girlfriend with an auto-immune disease who uses medicinally. Figured I'd save some money for the both of us and grow my own!

I'm a total noob, and I'm sure to make many most heinous mistakes. That's why I'm here! To blog and share my garden with all of you experts & connoisseurs so that I might have a happy and heavy harvest!

So here's the settup.

4x3x8 grow chamber

- 440 CFM 6" outtake inline fan conv> 4" pulling from cool tube
- 435 CFM 6" intake inline fan conv> 4" circulating from outside closet
- 1000 Watt Generic metal halide bulb in magnetic ballast
- Converting to 1000 Watt Hortilux 1000w HPS enhanced spectrum in flower
- 7 White Widow seedlings from Amsterdam seed co.
- 4 First Grade mystery bag seed seedlings
- Seeding in Soil, switching to hydro at veg
- 6 site DIY Ebb & Flow system
- 2 General Hydroponics Waterfarm buckets
- Temps ranging from 78F - 85F
- Using GH Nutes 3 part on buckets & Botanicare 3 part on ebb & flow

IMG_4794_1.jpg

Secret Garden

IMG_47751.jpg

GH Buckets & Ebb & Flow

IMG_4776.jpg

Exaust & cool tube

IMG_4799_1.jpg

Intake

IMG_4791_1.jpg

Child 1 of 11, 2 weeks old (all appx. this stage)

i love your honesty, and ambition to grow your own personal. i respect what you're doing for your girlfriend. she appreciates what you do. welcome to the site, its very user friendly. definately the information sharing forum site! i've browsed many, and this is by far the best i have seen so far. it has lots of good information and many different techniques for beginners to advanced. and everyone is very welcoming and friendly. it is nice to share info like this with other people in the world. it will absolutely give all of us more growing knowledge!

only give the plant water when it needs it, if it does not need it and is still heavy or moist, let the plant work for its water. it is not smart to overwater, creates a mess. rootrot, gnat infestation, fungus, etc. bad idea. it will reduce quality and quantity bigtime. the plant will be a ton healthier if you get a good wet/dry cycle going. and let the plant dry out completely before watering again. make sure the plant pot weight is light. if heavy, it does not need water! the plant will appreciate this and u will have a lot healthier lush green looking plant(s)

Nov 29 Garden Update

Thanks, Mr. Gnome, for the welcome and encouragement!

Here's the garden update. the plants are at 4-6 weeks veg and doing great.

tomato_1.jpg

Sup bro :welcome: to 420, ur plants are looking sweet nice transition over to the hydo. +reps just for that 1. Ur set up its nice as well..

Big closets are a beautiful thing; don't waste them on clothes!

Finally, no more grow room drama.

At least for now. Got my new timer hooked up, lights operating soundly, and electrical situation safe. Opened my closet tonight to find beautiful things growing inside. figured I'd share the progress.

Also. WTF is with that little wierdo in the bottom pic? It looks like a mint plant. This was one of those 'mystery seeds' that they give you from AMS, I planted it just out of curiosity a couple of weeks ago.

Children.jpg

Child.jpg

strangemint2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom