Chinnubie's 1st Soil Grow Using Purple Kush

I have nothing really new to report other than taking the time to give a huge shout-out to Denise for helping me get in touch with the Growology folks. Thanks Again, Denise.

The remaining PK seems to have re-flowered after the light-leak. They haven't quite given up searching for pollen but some of the calyxes are beginning to shrivel up so hopefully they'll start putting on some real bud weight soon. Since the screw-up they seem to be coming along nicely. Watering every 4 days with CalMag each time and MG boost every 7 days. They are beginning to suck the nutrients from the fan leaves and I need to get some freaking Phosphorous because the MG is a 10-30-10 and I think I need some of the stuff LightAddict uses that's like 0-54-20 or something very similar. The PH is fine at 6.8-6.7 so I don't really have to have the Nitrogen that's in the MG. Anyway, there's a hardware store nearby that has a really good selection of nutrients that my wife told me I need to see, so I'm going tomorrow to check it out.

I'll post some photos when they've changed enough to see a difference.

Also, Thank You guys for being so helpful and truthfully I don't think I could have made it this long without the 420 Mag community. Shadowman, Radogast, Denise, Canuck, and everyone else Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, you guys are the best, hands down!

Well gee dude, thanks :)
Lil tip dude...if you watering on a schedule, stop. Right now you really dont want that soil staying wet thru bloom cuz youre risking root rot which will lead to bud rot and other things like pm (powdery mildew). Youd like them roots feeding from the bottom of your container until theyre "almost" dry. Get used to the "lift/weight" method. Get used to the wet weight and the dry weight. Remember as the plant gets bigger the dry weight will increase. You wont notice it so much after a good watering. When youre just watering go light and when youre feeding give her a good drench.
If you have any concerns ill be more than happy to offer my $.02 any time bro
Cheers :)

The schedule happened on its own. Generally speaking, I water when they are dry and they've been getting dry about every 4 days or so. This grow has been, for all intent and purpose, to give me the experience of growing cannabis and to learn what to do when issues pop up. This has been an awful grow and can't wait to get it behind me to start new. I've been tempted to just trash the current plants and start over but I want to see it through to the end to get a better understanding of the process.

Really, those plants look great. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality. I don't think increasing the phosphate at this point will make any difference. In fact, soon you'll want to just water - no feed at all. Two weeks out is a good time to switch to just water.

. . . . This grow has been, for all intent and purpose, to give me the experience of growing cannabis and to learn what to do when issues pop up. This has been an awful grow and can't wait to get it behind me to start new. I've been tempted to just trash the current plants and start over but I want to see it through to the end to get a better understanding of the process.

They say that 90% of novelists write a very bad first book. Their second book is usually better and more a measure of their style and ability.

Do you have novelists in your genetics :) ?

LOL, Not that I'm aware of but it would make sense. My second book will definitely be better than the first. Got Growology in the pipeline and will be here in the next few days. Going to get ProMix HP for my medium and the only thing different between me and Denise is her ZNET4, the strain and our locations. Her's was the journal that got me to see what's needed to grow quality cannabis. I'm never going to use MG ever again. Obviously, I'll be investing in an LED but have to wait until the beginning of 2015 to get into a house. :peace:

Took some pics and wanted to get them up for posterity. People will be able to look back on these and see what happens when you get a light leak, having them re-veg for a week or so because of the leak then back to flower making sure the leak has been eliminated. The top on the plants has been unexplainable. I've taken pics of those specifically along with some popcorn buds. Enough rambling.....

2014-06-15_11_43_22.jpg

2014-06-15_11_43_52.jpg

2014-06-15_11_44_19.jpg

2014-06-15_11_47_17.jpg

2014-06-15_11_45_25.jpg

2014-06-15_11_45_05.jpg

2014-06-15_11_48_54.jpg

2014-06-15_11_47_45.jpg

They are beginning to improve my underrated opinion because they have begun to build bud again and the resin production has really took off there are trichomes everywhere. Still you don't think that huge conglomeration of growth on the one plant looks a little strange?

Thank You for being so damn kind. I'll just say I might be pleasantly surprised how well these plants turn out but I don't want to get ahead of myself or jinx myself.

Hey Shadow, can I ask, where did you got that ideal 420 soil and if it's not too much trouble, lastly are there stats on it in terms of NPK?

Great job chinnubie for ur first run well done. I would recommend not to flush or.harvest yet. Your ladies still look quite early on in flower. Id saygive them another 4 weeks of flower then flush u will see her pack on lots of weight in that time. Just my opinion from looking at your pics. And again great job well done:)

They are beginning to improve my underrated opinion because they have begun to build bud again and the resin production has really took off there are trichomes everywhere. Still you don't think that huge conglomeration of growth on the one plant looks a little strange?

Thank You for being so damn kind. I'll just say I might be pleasantly surprised how well these plants turn out but I don't want to get ahead of myself or jinx myself.

Hey Shadow, can I ask, where did you got that ideal 420 soil and if it's not too much trouble, lastly are there stats on it in terms of NPK?

Do you know what your humidity is?

I would think the biggest two concerns about that big old gnarly bud are:
#1) If it gets damp it might get bud rot. 40% humidity or less time.
#2) it might be hard to trim, but WORTH IT!!!

Yeah, RH runs around 50% but when I water, it can reach 65% but it dries up really fast and within 24 hours it goes back to 45-50%. It won't upset me too much to trim that top when the time comes. Being next to the light it stays pretty warm/dry up there. I will keep a sharp eye out though.

No I don't think they'll hermie at least they aren't showing any signs of it so I'm going to remain positive. 4 weeks is about the time I discovered the leak so 4 more weeks would make sense. Thanks for all the support and gray advice.

Wanted to give a huge shout-out to KingJohnC for helping me figure out the signature linkage. :thanks: :thanks:

I've gotten a jump on my next journal and are really looking forward to getting it started. I'll post pics of harvest in 3-4 weeks then the next journal will take over. Anyway they are continuing to produce lots and lots of resin and getting a little smelly even with the carbon filter. If that one plant with the funky top continues it's liable to be an ounce by itself but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

:420: is the Best :high-five: off to :rollit: then :smokin: :peacetwo:

Okay, I checked the trichomes and the little buds toward the middle are clear and just beginning to grow. The bud I checked in the middle of the room had milky trichomes with little hats or caps. I guess if they start getting amber go ahead and check the rest of the plant and see if it needs to be harvested? The buds just don't look mature enough to chop down but if the trichomes become amber throughout the plant then I don't have a choice, right?

Also, We got my wife a 2012 Escape with bumper to bumper warranty good until 2019 or 100,000 miles whichever comes first. She's very happy today and we no longer have to fight over the Explorer, that makes me very happy
:party::woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom