Clicking on the Edit Button Initiates a Quick Reply, Instead

This one is only a minor annoyance. So much (err... little?) so that I don't think I've ever mentioned it before. But it has been present through the last couple of forum software version upgrades and many incremental Firefox upgrades on my end. So I thought I'd mention it; if, for no other reason, to see if anyone else sees this behavior.

I'll create a reply to a thread. Then I will spot a spelling error, realize that I had more to "say," et cetera - so I will click on that post's Edit button. At that point, it is somewhat common for me to be taken to the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page instead of into the edit of my post. At first, I though maybe I was unthinkingly NOT clicking on the edit button, but over the last couple of years or so, I have paid attention to which button I've clicked when trying to initiate a post edit.

Again, it's really no big deal.

Hi TS

Good to see you back. :ciao:

I cannot replicate this problem. However, we are in the midst of a major forums software upgrade, so any small annoyances in the main forums should be resolved over the next few weeks when we complete the incredibly complicated upgrade.

:Namaste:

Good to see you back. :ciao:

Thank you.

I cannot replicate this problem.

It is not consistent, even for me. Had I been able to detect any kind of cause - or even pattern - I would have posted about it long ago.

However, we are in the midst of a major forums software upgrade

I wish you (all) the best of luck with it. I also sincerely hope that you are keeping the same software and merely upgrading versions, plug-ins, et cetera. I have, at one time or another, experienced most (public) forum software, typically as a regular user - and the type you guys run is, IMHO, the best of the bunch by a gap of many light years. But you know me, lol; if this is not to be, I will find a way to get used to it if at all possible.

EDIT: Yep, just did an edit, took me right to the proper routine.

Hmm. Maybe...?

Nope, it does not necessarily depend on the post I'm attempting to edit NOT being the last one in a thread. IDK. I will revisit this thread in the future if I am able to detect any causal factors.

No, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's seen it.

Mine were generally just text edit attempts.

Forum's kind way of telling me that I'd already typed enough, LMAO?

Back
Top Bottom