Closetgrown's End of 2nd Grow and Start 7 Strain Grow

Re: Closetgrown's end of 2nd grow and start 7 strain grow.

Ive wanted too come along to that since i joined bar but times confused me as im in gmt time but if i click the thread and.sub it should email me when it starts? also its not been on for a while as the reps where missing :( im def in this time though so many intellectuables in one place sharing info on whats best for mj is not to be missed :bong:

Does anyone have .02 cents to throw in on my top yellowing bubbler plant? I'm at a loss as to why its yellowing from the top. If u have any questions about it feel free to ask if more info is required. I know there is a hydro guy out there somewhere that wants to tell me what i am doing wrong. ;)

Does anyone have .02 cents to throw in on my top yellowing bubbler plant? I'm at a loss as to why its yellowing from the top. If u have any questions about it feel free to ask if more info is required. I know there is a hydro guy out there somewhere that wants to tell me what i am doing wrong. ;)
I don't know much about hydro but this early I'm guessing it's nothing to serious but they say issues occur a lot quicker than they do in soil.

Alright so the yellowing from the top of my dwc plant continues. ( pic above). Also my reveg plant is starting to wilt more readily and yellow a bit, but this is to be expected. But bud growth has seemed to have haulted. The yellowing I understand due to decrease N during flower, and evidence based from first grow with this plant.

So I was feeling a bit touchy about the plant and came to a decision that the plant was likely root bound in a 5 gal bucket after a first harvest and reveg. Hence the easy wilting? So I just transplanted a mid flower plant!! Ok don't jump down my throat I know better yes, but with a plant of that size that just slides right out of its bucket and into a larger container, one would think there would be little to no stress toward the plant. Bud growth had already halted so I won't lose anything in the long run. And as suspected the soil for the plant was dry! Even after a 2 gal feed not 24 hrs earlier and the roots were quite bound. The root ball did not deform or fall apart during transplant, quite uneventful so here is hoping that a low stress transplant will help the plant rather than hurt it. This plant was also water/fed heavily afterward to wet the root ball throughly then Left to soak up the runoff for 4 hrs to help the water soak into the soil.

So reveg is being troublesome, but my seven strain grow in veg is going well.the 2l bottles were starting to get algae in the root balls ( yes I know it's cause I didn't cover them, and their roots were looking quite bound. So all seven strains were moved to3 gal pots till they are large enough for 5-7 gal pots. Awesome!

My bubbler has become a home for fast growi g algae as I add some light in veg room increasing the temp. This caused algae to overtake my root systems causeing a HI skunk haze to wilt,this plant was transplanted to soil to rescue it and it shows improvement over 8 hrs. I plan to cool the res using a lunch box freeze cube, and further block the light getting into the system. Now there are 2 bagseed clones and 1 HI SKUNK HAZE in the bubblers. Which are still doing fine but the algae will get out of control fast harming them and drowning them quickly. In the am I plan to try and remedy most of these issues with the bubbler plants.

So wish me luck with my finicky transplanted flowering reveg, and getting rid of the algae.
Sorry for the long post but these small issues pile up.

Also flowering (pictures) updates @ 11am cst ( chicago time for those across the pond) and I must say some of the buds have swollen nicely this bagseed grow will give me my biggest buds to date. Ill be excited to see their outcome.

Ok I got some ? first
You said that is a 3 gallon?
How does the roots looks?
If that is a 3 gallon you may be drowning the roots. If the roots over grow your D.W.C they can stop the air flow in water.
If you said PH is 5.0-6.0 then I do not think it is nute lock.
It also may be starving for nute being in flower.
When you are growing them that big I would be using a 7 gallon or bigger pot to avoid root bound and transplanting at that size.
You have the right idea on cooling your water. That is very important for a number of reasons. Always keep a eye on your temps as the same as pH. The two go hand in hand. If you see algae anywhere in side that means you have light bleed. That needs to be fixed asap. On the top lid Of D.W.C you can put foil to help reflect light back under plant and stop it from bleeding in rez.
I will wait for you to respond.

The yellowing dwc clone is yes in it's own 3 gal bubbler( this plant is in veg still) it's roots are quite large. It was moved from my Tupperware bubbler for more room and contains about 2.3 gallons of bubbled water with no nutes now due to the excessive yellowing. Below photo
image8988.jpg

image8809.jpg

The large soil reveg I just transplanted to a 7 gal soil container In mid flower :( felt it was nesscesary. Was quite root bound
image8783.jpg

This pic is prior to 7 gal transplant. It doesn't show the wilt or the yellowing.

I am here now so you can post away. I can skype as well if needed for texting

Yes you on right track. Like I said if you ever see algae inside that tells you right away light is getting in. Very bad for water rez. Light inside can start all kinds of bad problems

Check. After discussing it I believe light exposure is the main problem for the bubbler plants and algae.

And on the soil plant reveg I now believe being root bound and hydrophobic soil were my issues hopefully the transplant even though done in flower will help this. Thanks co for your input here. In my profession we work with a partner and its great to have someone to bounce ideas concerns etc off of. I think that what I really needed was to make sure my mind was on the right track. As my wife and grow partner are educated on mj cultivation but not nearly as much as me ( or many others on here, im no pro though) so their input is only so so.

You are thinking all good my friend. Keep me posted.

This is where fish come in handy pick up a pleco put her in your res eat all the algae save you the worry/stress work :) if you had a aquaponics bubbler with fish algae is never an issue everything is self cleaning :) fingers crossed all works with replant/reveg hope all your ladies pull through :bong:

Yea really I wish I could do the fish right now. But I've just diassembled my Cloner/ bubbler till my current flower room is harvested. Just so many plants going, it can get hard keeping up multiple experiments along with a proper harvest.

Hey!
I am glad you fixed the issues with your babies :goodjob:

Was wondering, how long did you wait for your plant too revegetate until you flowered her again, and sorry if you've said this already, I have a hard time remembering this stuff, maybe its a female attention spam thing >.<
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom