Coco Grow question Zinc def.?

trichomes

First coco problem suggestions please. All I can find points to nutes, not enough, or too much? zinc? thanks, don't forget to vote!!

12_15.jpg

:thanks:

just good fyi to share, I have never tried 18/6 when vegging.

"Vegetation Stage Light Cycles
There are a few different light cycles to choose from during the vegetation stage. Now there is no ‘correct’ light cycle to choose from but each one is beneficial to the grower in their own unique ways. By allowing the lights to be turned off for a few hours a day during the vegetation stage can help growers reduce the amount of heat that is in their grow op and help to reduce the chances of a possible fire. If using light bulbs that produce less heat than the popular MH or HPS light systems, than the amount of hours the light can be on is greater. This can also help a grower yield a much higher amount as long as the plants are properly fed and watered during this stage.

18 Hours on – 6 Hours Off
It is rumored that plants that are under an 18 hour vegetation light cycle only grow at 75% of their potential. However, there is much mixed controversy about this type of light cycle and many growers have had much success with it. Many growers will also use this type of light cycle because it almost matches nature in the sense that the days are longer than the nights. The plants are intended to ‘rest’ during the six hours that the lights are off.

20 Hours on – 4 Hours Off
The 20 hour vegetation light cycle is much like the 18 hour one but only allows for four hours of ‘rest’ each day for your plants instead of six. It is especially important for growers to consistently check up on the plants during this vegetation stage as there are more hours of continuous light directly on the plants. It is because of this that they will need more water and nutrients more frequently.

24 Hours on – 0 Hours Off
The 24 hour light cycle during vegetation stage is the highly recommended by marijuana growers. Many growers (including myself) have had much success with this type of light cycle and have noticed higher yields than those of other light cycles. During this light cycle the plants need to be checked on constantly. This is because the plants are virtually given no time to ‘rest’ and are constantly soaking up water and nutrients during photosynthesis. Not feeding the plants appropriately or on time can and will result in the plants dying or not reaching full potential. A great benefit however of using this type of light cycle is that the use of a timer is not needed until the flowering stage begins. Keep in mind though that the lights will be on for a continuous 24 hours and metal halide lights as well as HPS create much heat. So be sure that precautionary measures are taken to ensure that no fires are started.":thanks:

Unlikely to be zinc def ?

How ever coco coir was often known back in the day to suffer with Ca - calcium & Mg - magnesium def if the coco coir was untreated, most good brand names treat their coco coir before being sold these days, in less some unknown brand of coco coir of questionable quality !

I suspect Mg - magnesium def at present...

Even tho coco coir recommended nutrients should be used with such a growing medium for best health of plants & either that a Ca/Mg supplement should be used or a good brand name of such a growing medium :Namaste:

:thanks: FuzzyD, appreciate your input, this will be my first coco cycle, lots to learn, could you recommend any nutes? :morenutes:

great share! thanks again

Mmm depends on what part of world ya come from & what nutrients are available at the end of the day !

Europe - HESI & Canna both provide coco coir based nutrients.

I'll have to take a deeper look at the american/usa market tho, before i can suggest such nutrients !

She's recovering fine, thanks guys.

12_23.jpg

Good to hear she's is improving in health :thumb:

So did ya get your self some new nutrients to go with the coco coir or tried a ca/mg supplement ?

I need to research whether or not ALL the same nutes used with soil and/or hydro, are safe to use with coco coir. Do you think I should lean towards a hydro feed recipe or a soil feed recipe? I'm guessing the coir acts more like rockwool, than soil. thoughts? I'll do some more coco journal reading of page 1 of journals.

Here she is yesterday, I snapped a branch, it was hanging by a thread, after a quick tape-cast, the branch seems to be recovering just fine, today. thanx again FD!

P1015634.JPG

I need to research whether or not ALL the same nutes used with soil and/or hydro, are safe to use with coco coir. Do you think I should lean towards a hydro feed recipe or a soil feed recipe? I'm guessing the coir acts more like rockwool, than soil. thoughts? I'll do some more coco journal reading of page 1 of journals.

Sorry about the length of time its taken for me to get back with a reply.

Coco coir nutrients as far as i'm aware are slightly more buffered with Ca - Calcium & Mg - Magnesium with the nutrient solution applied aprox at PH 5.8 or between PH 5.6 to PH 6.2 rough average.

Even tho coco coir is viewed as an inert growing medium, its more of a 50/50 inert & not inert with a similar self buffering properties of self... The PH value of coir it self ranges from around PH 5.8 to 6.8 aprox.

If i was to choose between hydro or soil nutrients i would go for hydro nutrients due to the average PH value of the nutrient solution for feeding which i would be very tempted to back up with a Ca/Mg buffer solution.

I would NOT use soil nutrients normally which are feed at a higher PH value & certainly not use organic nutrients with coco coir i've only seen problems with em.

Oh by the way i did spot one of sponsors doing Advanced Nutrients for use with coco coir :thumb:

quote from staff at :420:

"Please join us in welcoming KingJohnC to our staff as Staff Writer!

KingJohnC's spirit of volunteerism is inspiring and without the commitment of members like him, we would never be able to continue our mission. He has been instrumental in assisting others in the forums and has become a priceless resource for our community. His recent Member of the Month victory was well deserved and it looks like he may in fact take Member of the Year as well. We are very much looking forward to having his energy in the back with us."

:popcorn::popcorn::bravo: warm welcome to Rico too!!

I've reviewed THE REPS ARE RIGHT and found it to be entertaining & informative alike. I think it's something every member should participate in at least once. I know I will this Sunday. Join us Sunday through the 1st link below.

Join us :clown: this Sunday at 9:00 PM PST the thread Noob City Grower

Back
Top Bottom