Cola Monster's Silver Haze and Super Grape Ape Hydro Grow

Hey BigBadBaz! I tested all my equipment for three straight days as usual before planting my girls to make sure everything was working properly but had an unexpected guest show up out of the blue where I stay then plugging in high voltage or wattage items downstairs which kicked the breaker in my grow room & I caught right away and put a stop to it immediately by telling them to find someplace else in the house to play their video games and punk rock music.:rofl:
I just happen to be born unto a clan of cannabis hating hypocrites who could care less about what I do for work or if I lose my crops to a power failure and why I'm seeking out another plot to rock so I don't have to put up with this sort of stuff in the future as it disrupts the peace I've achieved by means of growing gardens of green. Thanks for dropping by and stay high! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

A little Doobie Wah by my man Peter Frampton along with four more little ladies added to the tray today (two Silver Haze & two Super Grape Ape) and the walls now covered in plastic throughout ready to go full bore and hoping for a great harvest. ~Peace~:ganjamon::headbanger:

[video=youtube;26DiHeqxTNA]
[/video]

Got me BIGBADBAZ! I'm on it though and will reload the show right now since I need it for my journal and how I inspect my little girls every couple days or so for growth rates when planting different strains. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

[video=youtube;YpHzxPLBA_I]
[/video]

Beautiful CM!
:passitleft:

Thank you sir & I'll do my best being I haven't done the hydro thing for a few years to make ya all proud come harvest & will only happen if those I stay with at this time would quit kicking the breakers in my grow room. Grrrr!:loopy::ganjamon:

A story for your musical journal. As a lad I went to concerts for fun and sometimes I had no idea who the artist was and just went with my buds for something to do cheap ... it was 6 bucks back in the day. So I went to see Peter Frampton. I was into hard rock and Zappa so when this curly haired funny speaking dude with a guitar came out and started playing a "girl" tune we all got up and left! We were pissed at our bud who told us this would be a good show. We were in the lobby cussing him out and the door opened and all this music poured out so we went back in to check it out. We were impressed to see a full band rocking it and Frampton with this weird mouth tube thing and actually sat through the show and liked it :cheesygrinsmiley:

howdy Cola!

looking set brother- yeah i was also wandering about the roots thang? what happens when they protrude from the net pots? are you gonna be doing anything with them in terms of training or topping etc?? can hardly wait to see them flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:

peace :Namaste:

howdy Cola!

looking set brother- yeah i was also wandering about the roots thang? what happens when they protrude from the net pots? are you gonna be doing anything with them in terms of training or topping etc?? can hardly wait to see them flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:

peace :Namaste:

What's up Alk & Buckshot! I'll get back to you in a bit Buck with a story of my own about concert going when finding the time cool but for now when it comes to the roots protruding from the netted baskets I just let then run free into the tray as the thick canopy above keeps the light from penetrating and water every three hours on the hour via timer of course to keep the roots wet but not to much where they drown or get root rot which a couple friends of mine have had in the past by watering to often or drying out from spreading the time between feedings to far & is a tough call to make and have to watch closely when growing different strains for curling or yellowing leaves & what not. I'm just a rookie but has been my experience to where I got this Purple Urkle cola with a pretty white rooting system from my first grow ever which in the photo is waiting for trimming under fluorescent lights if wondering. ttys! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Purple_Urkle_Cola1.jpg

Well were up to day six now of my Silver Haze and Super Grape Ape grow with no real problems to speak of except a couple circuit breakers kicking which I put a stop to immediately & now for the start of week two and the changing of the nutes tomorrow in which I'm going to be cleaning everything from top to bottom as usual then staying with a mild solution of the General Hydroponics three part line with a full dose of Liquid Karma and a 1/2 portion of the Humboldt Honey ES which I've never used before but told it was good for my girls by my man at the hydro store who's a friend of mine and wouldn't steer me down the wrong path when it comes to the legal grass. I'm also going to be adding a 1/4 dose of Verde put out by Humboldt Nutrients that promotes root & shoot growth but have to be careful at this stage since it's 16 parts nitro then 1-2 on the others and don't want to burn the leaves of my babies. And the stuff actually works if never hearing of or using it before as it gives the plants a nice lush dark green color and shoots popping out everywhere to where your pruning & pruning like with my outdoor girls that put out tons of shoots that just end up getting chopped off but makes huge buds come harvest so it's a good trade off doing all the work which takes hours a day sometimes on one tree alone. It's all part of the job I enjoy plus what I smoke in return and worth the hard work in the end. Peace my fellow growing friends and here's another musical show & a photo of my new peace & joint t-shirt logo before week two begins. :ganjamon:

[video=youtube;9hOuZj8zdRM]
[/video]
Peace_Weed_Logo.JPG

Forgot the couple shots of the beautiful white roots starting to protrude from the bottom of my netted baskets & after only one week of growth which is a good sign of some strong plants to come hopefully but do have a couple that are weaker it seems since I didn't do my own cloning this time around. Whatever I harvest I'll be happy with I'm sure as one can't look a gift horse in the mouth they say.~Peace~:ganjamon:

DSC060821.JPG

DSC060923.JPG

A story for your musical journal. As a lad I went to concerts for fun and sometimes I had no idea who the artist was and just went with my buds for something to do cheap ... it was 6 bucks back in the day. So I went to see Peter Frampton. I was into hard rock and Zappa so when this curly haired funny speaking dude with a guitar came out and started playing a "girl" tune we all got up and left! We were pissed at our bud who told us this would be a good show. We were in the lobby cussing him out and the door opened and all this music poured out so we went back in to check it out. We were impressed to see a full band rocking it and Frampton with this weird mouth tube thing and actually sat through the show and liked it :cheesygrinsmiley:

What's up Buckshot my man! Sorry for taking so long to reply but I've been busy here taking care of business as usual & in regards to your Peter Frampton concert going experience which I found funny by the way as he's one of my favs. and would be a shame to miss watching perform well let's see if I can one up as they say with a short story from my first "Day On The Green" concert I went to in May of 1979 that was held at Candlestick Park in San Francisco where friends and I were on the playing field right in the thick of things & amongst thousands of people at that while high as a kite on some good weed & beer also which is what we did way back then but had to hit the restrooms where it took us a good hour or so to move in & out thru the crowd to get there then upon finishing our business came back only to find we forgot where we were sitting in the first place and couldn't pick one head out the crowd from another and just started heading down to the field anyway hoping to find our friends who had the keys to the car & all our personal belongings as well but in the end & right before the show ended we hooked up by third base I think it was or maybe second, I don't really remember as we were drunk as a skunk plus stoned but worked out in the end and made our way home with them laughing their asses off at us the whole way since we missed most of the concert walking around like lost little puppies. And the show had three of my other favorite artist's & groups to like Eddie Money, Boston, Sammy Hagar, and then Robert Fleischman although I don't recall hearing him play since I was probably wandering around during his set. Hey what can I say and have never been to another one since and don't think they even hold the event anymore? Back to work for me as it's almost feeding time & have to check my P.H. levels and what not to make sure everything functioning properly. ttly! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

What's up mates, just a quick update for my journal here where you'll see if watching the show that I've got me a few stragglers in the group with bad rooting systems & I'll be removing then replacing with some new clones here shortly that are a few weeks into veg. already but otherwise everything is going swimmingly as they say only being 11 days into this hydro grow. Boy the plants sure look small compared to my outdoor girls and will be lucky to get 1/50 the amount of bud I get from one tree in my greenhouse but will just have to deal and accept what's real knowing indoor plants never produce as much. Hope all is going good with your current grows & ttyl! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

[video=youtube;cGJc_MyB7Ts]
[/video]

Some shots of my girls heading on into week three of veg. and looking good so far with only a few of the clones I purchased from my local club having leaves that are yellowing in which I cut the watering schedule back from every three hours to four to put a stop to that problem and until building up a stronger rooting system. Hope all is going well with your current grows mates & Alk. you got my vote for plant of the month sir. Nice job! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

DSC062571.JPG

DSC062581.JPG

DSC062601.JPG

DSC062611.JPG

DSC062621.JPG

DSC062641.JPG

DSC06270.JPG

DSC06274.JPG

DSC062761.JPG

DSC06279.JPG

DSC06280.JPG

DSC06282.JPG

some NICE specimens brother!!! got some nice stalks going on there- looking strong.

dude, i am sure you will be comparing these hunnies to your monster outdoor ladies.. but you know, with indoor its all about turnover and frequency of turnover... which you can do quite a few turnovers in a year- either single grows or perpetual too.. as opposed to a single grow outdoors- albeit monstrous harvest!! :cheesygrinsmiley: personally, i have faith in your ability to balance the total annual turnover of your indoors to get close to your outdoor harvest... if that is indeed your goal

i can hardly wait to see that table filled with a thick, lush, budding canopy! i wanna see what you can do with this flood and drain system :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh! and you are very kind to vote for my little lady brother! im honored :Namaste: but you gosta know dude- you always got my vote :thumb:

*pulls up a chair and puts his feet up*

also brother, if you get a chance to stop in and check my journal out, i would be keen to get any advice on things i could do or shouldve done before now(tips for my next grow) with this top feed system. any feeback you could give me would be much appreciated. :peace:

some NICE specimens brother!!! got some nice stalks going on there- looking strong.

dude, i am sure you will be comparing these hunnies to your monster outdoor ladies.. but you know, with indoor its all about turnover and frequency of turnover... which you can do quite a few turnovers in a year- either single grows or perpetual too.. as opposed to a single grow outdoors- albeit monstrous harvest!! :cheesygrinsmiley: personally, i have faith in your ability to balance the total annual turnover of your indoors to get close to your outdoor harvest... if that is indeed your goal

i can hardly wait to see that table filled with a thick, lush, budding canopy! i wanna see what you can do with this flood and drain system :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh! and you are very kind to vote for my little lady brother! im honored :Namaste: but you gosta know dude- you always got my vote :thumb:

*pulls up a chair and puts his feet up*

also brother, if you get a chance to stop in and check my journal out, i would be keen to get any advice on things i could do or shouldve done before now(tips for my next grow) with this top feed system. any feeback you could give me would be much appreciated. :peace:

What's up my fellow growers? Hey thanks for the kind words of encouragement Alk.!:thanks: And yeah I've done the indoor thing before for a couple years which is all about turn around as you said but the plants are so much smaller then what I'm used to seeing in my outdoor gardens to where I'm somewhat embarrassed to even be showing these little girls off but hope the next time around if going that route and after cloning the best of the best from these will give me a better crop with bushier plants and bigger colas hopefully.
And I'll take a peek at the journal you got up & running when I get the chance mate and offer up any advice I have on your system cool? ttyl! ~Peace~

Some journal update notes:
Day 14 of veg. with a little Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh playing in the background and my legal girls starting to bush up a bit with the Super Grape Ape's lagging behind as you can see being their a slow growing indica obviously. The lights have been lowered six inches to provide a few more lumens over the canopy with a hard veg. nutrient solution beginning today starting out at 1630 ppm & 6.0 to 6.1 on the P.H. which I try to keep at an even 6.0 normally and I have to adjust constantly since the roots uptake more water the nutes and in return makes the solution stronger every time it floods & drains which can get to be a pain in the "A" and why one has to keep his head in the game when growing hydroponically or things can go wrong overnight with dead babies the next day. Knock on wood!:wood:

[video=youtube;2otzgIeS3Yw]
[/video]

Some good ol' Chicago along with a verbal walk thru of how I legally do things where I stay which may or may not be out of the norm to the pros here like Vick074, Alk., and Buckshot who all grow killer cannabis if that even needs mentioning but works for me come harvest season and I learned by reading Jorge Cervantes's "The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible. Enjoy! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

[video=youtube;2RCbvVNRdYQ]
[/video]

always a pleasure to stop in to your journal brother, i really dig your humility and straight up approach- you're an inspiration ma man. :rocker: i love your flood and drain setup- fascinated by your ecomony of using meshpots when i was used to simply filling my whole table(with river stones) albeit MUCH smaller dimensions, so i can understand what you're doing.. and im gonna be hella curious to see how much flower stretch you get in the first few weeks of turn over- i can easily see that whole table become an ocean of colas before long. :yummy:

im looking at getting a green air propane co2 burner too CM, i'd be keen to get your opinion on it or a quick review of how you have found it.. its a bit of an investment for me- being only a small grower, they cost a little over a grand here but its an investment i believe worth it.

you da man CM :peace:

always a pleasure to stop in to your journal brother, i really dig your humility and straight up approach- you're an inspiration ma man. :rocker: i love your flood and drain setup- fascinated by your ecomony of using meshpots when i was used to simply filling my whole table(with river stones) albeit MUCH smaller dimensions, so i can understand what you're doing.. and im gonna be hella curious to see how much flower stretch you get in the first few weeks of turn over- i can easily see that whole table become an ocean of colas before long. :yummy:

im looking at getting a green air propane co2 burner too CM, i'd be keen to get your opinion on it or a quick review of how you have found it.. its a bit of an investment for me- being only a small grower, they cost a little over a grand here but its an investment i believe worth it.

you da man CM :peace:

Hey Alk.! Thanks for the kind words sir & yeah I'm hoping for a full table of colas myself come harvest and am gonna wait until my girls reach around 24" before throwing them into flowering to where they should end up about 30" in height or so when finished. And as far as the CO2 goes I'd be lost without it mate since it makes the flowers plump up during the last couple weeks and get dense as can be from my five years of novice experience in which I grabbed this link here for ya to read if interested and where I get my info. plus sizing chart for the area of my room & how many minutes to run my system. Off for my 2:15 am feedings! ttyl! ~Peace~

https://greenair.com/old/co2-generator.htm

Back
Top Bottom