Come On Folks Let's See Some Eye Candy! Here's Some For Ya

You're not listening to me? Why would you put a plant on a diet when she's hungry? But there's also another thing, why would plant do exactly what you want? Beacuse you're telling her to do it? I just have a problem with that attitude, cause plant is not a MACHINE that won't run when you stop putting gas in. It's a living organism, which chooses to do utilise certain nutrients whether you like it or not and she'll flush herself too if you give her a chance.

People feed their plants way longer than they should... I see people still feeding nitrogen past week 4 on 8 week strains, people feed up until week 7 and say a week of flushing is good. That is not the proper way of growing cannabis. When finishing up your plants, you shouldn't be feeding them anything, just watering with a ph of 7 or above to lock out all nutrient. And this attitude is someone disagreeing with you. Not trying to he a dick, but when you keep feeding your plants, you get fucked up, fox tailed buds that are harsh as fuck and aren't presentable to someone who actually cares about what they're smoking, not just "some weed"....

And plants are machines, biomachines that eat and metabolize nutrient. They're alive, growing off what they're being fed. I'd saying that could be crudely classified as a machine.

People feed their plants way longer than they should... I see people still feeding nitrogen past week 4 on 8 week strains, people feed up until week 7 and say a week of flushing is good. That is not the proper way of growing cannabis. When finishing up your plants, you shouldn't be feeding them anything, just watering with a ph of 7 or above to lock out all nutrient. And this attitude is someone disagreeing with you. Not trying to he a dick, but when you keep feeding your plants, you get fucked up, fox tailed buds that are harsh as fuck and aren't presentable to someone who actually cares about what they're smoking, not just "some weed"....
Ok we can finally agree on something, it's just I don't do feeding/flushing schedule at all. In my grow I pre-fertilise my soil very lightly, apply a compost tea 2-3 times in veg and apply a bit of high calcium mixture in August. THAT'S IT! If you pump a lot of nutrients every week it's obvious that something goes wrong by the end whatever it is and you start watering to feel better about it. I mean as a LOS grower I just can't accept this mindset. Why would you feed the plant too much stuff for most of the time and then go with pure water in the last two weeks? It strikes me as purely commercial approach and I know why growers in NorCal do it. More bud is more bud, right? Doesn't matter how moldy or foul-tasting it is. I just hope you don't dump your soil in a beautiful redwood forest nearby in November. Nothing personal, I REALLY hope you don't do it :surf:

No, it does matter if it's moldy, and none of my stuff is fowl tasting. Pretty generalized assumption considering the emerald triangle is the best growing spot in the world. You have a different growing style, doesn't mean it's the correct way to grow. I'd like to see the top shelf stuff you sell to dispensaries, then we can talk quality. You seem to have a shitty attitude towards me and how I grow, what brought this on? Sorry my opinion differs than yours, I actually experiment to find what works best for strains, it's not some "commercial approach" it's observation and the love of quality smoke. Sorry for feeding my plants proper, I didn't mean to offend you. And as far as my medium goes, i compost, amend, and re use elsewhere on MY property. I'm not some sketchy tweaker growing illegally in the mountains and polluting everything.

And plants are machines, biomachines that eat and metabolize nutrient. They're alive, growing off what they're being fed. I'd saying that could be crudely classified as a machine.

I never knew so keep ph above 7. During flush. Even in coco bro .

No, it does matter if it's moldy, and none of my stuff is fowl tasting. Pretty generalized assumption considering the emerald triangle is the best growing spot in the world. You have a different growing style, doesn't mean it's the correct way to grow. I'd like to see the top shelf stuff you sell to dispensaries, then we can talk quality. You seem to have a shitty attitude towards me and how I grow, what brought this on? Sorry my opinion differs than yours, I actually experiment to find what works best for strains, it's not some "commercial approach" it's observation and the love of quality smoke. Sorry for feeding my plants proper, I didn't mean to offend you. And as far as my medium goes, i compost, amend, and re use elsewhere on MY property. I'm not some sketchy tweaker growing illegally in the mountains and polluting everything.

I love this debate I'm just reeping all the rewards I love both arguements but if I'm getting this right he is saying a flush is not needed for the last two weeks? Won't he taste everything he has put into the medium he is growing you will smoke . ?

I think I'll stick with flushing and bud washing Z

Another thing is doesn't flushing promote better ripening ?

I told you it was nothing personal and I definitely didn't mean to offend you. You have your style, I have mine, let's leave it at that. I'm really happy you recycle your soil :Namaste:

1011FDC2-F16B-495B-A18B-DC94B6A3F1FF.jpeg
BC6FF1A5-1C7E-4D4F-8FF1-C7405571B03F.jpeg

I know it aint a bud but she is kinda cute. 6 inches tall today. Green cr--k clone roughly 3 weeks in veg.
420-magazine-mobile864323137.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1255638171.jpg
420-magazine-mobile583290959.jpg
420-magazine-mobile509681824.jpg

Its not like I go to any trouble on the pics

Please don't argue about something I can't definitively answer!!!!

Guess what I got a science degree and I'll be damned if either of you can either ;)

Conradino Sphx shake hands.

For the record could the N, Ca, and Mg lost during flushing be the (up to) 85%? Ca and Mg are metals you know and no one said anything about heavy metals in the claim so all this stuff about losing lead (Pb) is quite irrelevant. As for counter claim that its impossible to remove heavy metals. You may as well have brought Th (thorium) into your equation which wouldnt have made 1% total and would have been irrelevant in the scheme of up to 85% anyways. See what youve done!

Blue Dream x Triple OG Kush pheno 2 beginning of week 9. One more week of feedings, then 2 weeks of flushing!

IMG_20170925_093128_179.jpg
IMG_20170925_093128_182.jpg
IMG_20170925_093128_183.jpg
IMG_20170925_093128_198.jpg

What he meant was that once plant converts cations and anions into cellular tissue there's no coming back! It's just basic biochemistry. To use an analogy, can you sweat your steak and salad back on the plate by drinking a GALLON of water? I don't think so! Similarly the plants don't release something they've already absorbed.

What I think you mean on the other hand is LEACHING the nutrients from the soil. Now that is possible, but it's not as simple as most of the growers think it is.

First of all current of water that passes through the soil has neutral charge, which means it collects both cations and anions, but only MOBILE ones. That means that you'll never flush out excess of phosphorus for example and it's equally difficult to flush out potassium. What gets flushed out mostly is: nitrates (nitrogen in anionic form), calcium, magnesium and sulphur... and accidentally these are the nutrients that plants needs the most in flowering, which is why leaching doesn't make any sense in the first place.

I can provide a link to an excerpt from a study that explains it well, which has been posted by me on 420.

Please learn basic botany people! It takes few hours to do necessary research! And don't spread myths, cause others will repeat them :smokin:

"Beware of false knowledge,
it is more dangerous than Ignorance"
George Bernard Shaw

===============================================
===============================================​

Back
Top Bottom