Come On Folks Let's See Some Eye Candy! Here's Some For Ya

I learned a lot from the northern scrogger! Tons of great info. Love Mr Canucks grow, garden talk, the boys at from the stash, the dude grows show! So much information, and you feel like you're one of the guys watching most of them. Do you just have the one grow space? Because yeah, 23 weeks is basically eternity, I feel for ya.
I get you bro , my first grow, so of course I went with autos. I couldn’t run photos in the cheap tent I have, but I’m thinking of upgrading. So I was just interested in the timeline , that’s it . I’m thinking increase time=increase yield. Don’t care what anyone says auto yield is not as big as photos. Unless you garden like the hulk .

IMG_1788.jpeg

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

I get you bro , my first grow, so of course I went with autos. I couldn’t run photos in the cheap tent I have, but I’m thinking of upgrading. So I was just interested in the timeline , that’s it . I’m thinking increase time=increase yield. Don’t care what anyone says auto yield is not as big as photos. Unless you garden like the hulk .

IMG_1788.jpeg

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg
Time is about maturation, not yield. Light intensity is the main factor that leads to increased yields.

I don't grow for speed because most of the time I'm using the SCROG Method. This means I keep them in Veg as long as it takes for them to fill 2/3 - 3/4 of the SCROG trellis. The Flower stretch fills out the net. That can mean up to a 60 day Veg. Although, 50 days seems enough most of the time.

I call my technique more of an Extreme SCROG, because mine isn't to just support or stabilize tall plants. My technique keeps the trellis only 6 inches above the pots. This makes the plants grow horizontally like they are vines. At some point you stop "tucking" the branches and let the buds go vertical. By the 3rd week of flower the branches are so stiff you have to stop or you start breaking the branches. I learned this from watching "Northern Scrogger" on YouTube.

My next grow with the Irie Genetics Testers are going to be more traditional. I'm growing them in 6 gallon AutoPots. When I grow this way, a typical grow for me is 5-to-6 weeks of Veg and 9 weeks (+/- week or two).

I totally understand why people want quick turnarounds. However, for me, it is the love of the grow and then doing my photography as they mature.

I recently read where some folks are never letting the seedling see anything other than 12/12.

Back to my current grow, these two plants I messed up on when I realize I hadn't changed to 12/12. That added 10 more days than my other tent.

This grow seems like an eternity, especially by the time it is cured.

Vegged for 9 weeks
Flowering will will be about 9 weeks + 2 days.
Drying in my Set up is about 10 days (could go a couple more days depending on the weather)
My cure is another 30 (at least) in Grove Bags (heat sealed).

56 days + 65 Days + 10 Days + 30 Days = Eternity : ) (161 Days or 23 Weeks)

Ugh! That's a long time.
One plant , What r u expecting dry Wight ? Stats tell me 500/600 grams for autos Under optimal conditions. 8/10/12weeks That’s
not my experience.recon I’ll get 200 grams per .I can see mine going 14/16 weeks at least. I’d rather one grow and have enough for the rest of the year, rather than 4/3 grows and all the stress that comes with it.

Time is about maturation, not yield. Light intensity is the main factor that leads to increased yields.
One of my autos is about 12 inches from my 600w hps I just upped the power about a week ago it has one of the fattest buds ive ever grown and its still got ages to mature. Ive never had a plant that close to a hps It burned the top when it was about 3 inches away so I chopped it down to where it went fat. My light just has a shade no hood heres the plant its about 6ft the second picture is a bud further down the plant as the light messes with my phone camera when im real close to it
IMG_20230920_143947 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230920_143747 - Copy.jpg

One of my autos is about 12 inches from my 600w hps I just upped the power about a week ago it has one of the fattest buds ive ever grown and its still got ages to mature. Ive never had a plant that close to a hps It burned the top when it was about 3 inches away so I chopped it down to where it went fat. My light just has a shade no hood heres the plant its about 6ft the second picture is a bud further down the plant as the light messes with my phone camera when im real close to it
IMG_20230920_143947 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230920_143747 - Copy.jpg
Looking good. What are your temps running? Those uppers look like they are foxtailing a little, they look like they should fatten up nicely. Getting frosty. Is that somewhere around 4 weeks of flower? Swelling should hit soon.

Its about day 80 total I knocked the plant yesterday and it bent right over almost snapped ive had to tie it up I blow the plant and it sways back and fourth. The temps are about 29c it was 32c until about 10 days ago when I chopped the top further down is about 25c the top is fox tailing I want to see how fat I can get it I grew 3 of the same strain they all turned out different the other 2 are mature i posted a pic of one yesterday here are the other 2 I chopped one yesterday they was all the same age
IMG_20230920_144044 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230918_124032 - Copy.jpg

Its about day 80 total I knocked the plant yesterday and it bent right over almost snapped ive had to tie it up I blow the plant and it sways back and fourth. The temps are about 29c it was 32c until about 10 days ago when I chopped the top further down is about 25c the top is fox tailing I want to see how fat I can get it I grew 3 of the same strain they all turned out different the other 2 are mature i posted a pic of one yesterday here are the other 2 I chopped one yesterday they was all the same age
IMG_20230920_144044 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230918_124032 - Copy.jpg
Looks like it's going to be decent smoke, hope they nug up for you.

I know I can get a lot of info from the web . F,T . I’ve watched many many videos on YouTube. I’d rather get legit info straight from the horses mouth. Plus everyone contradicts everyone else’s advice. I but time / maturation = yield .
Here brother, info from the horses mouth. Dr. Bugby is the man.

Thread 'Dr. Bugby gives real science on optimal grow conditions!' Dr. Bugby gives real science on optimal grow conditions!

But ...

What does all this have to do with the title of this thread?

It isn't a diagnosis thread - never has been - not supposed to be. It isn't a personal, daily photo report of your grow.

Enough already. Back to the exceptional eye-candy photos. Post the other stuff some other place.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Here brother, info from the horses mouth. Dr. Bugby is the man.

Thread 'Dr. Bugby gives real science on optimal grow conditions!' Dr. Bugby gives real science on optimal grow conditions!
But ...

It isn't a diagnosis thread - never has been - not supposed to be. It isn't a personal, daily photo report of your grow.

Enough already. Back to the exceptional eye-candy photos. Post the other stuff some other place.

Report me bra

Report me bra
But ...

I agree with Gary!!
Your using this thread as your grow diary!
It's about pics!!

Back
Top Bottom