Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Ok so this may be a stupid question. if a 2 liter=67.6oz, and u water only with 9-10oz how does it make up for the rest of the area its growing in?

Ok so this may be a stupid question. if a 2 liter=67.6oz, and u water only with 9-10oz how does it make up for the rest of the area its growing in?

Remember, the bucket (I'll call it that since we are talking hempy:cheesygrinsmiley:) isn't actually holding 67.63oz because the top was cut off. Also, the majority of the remaining space is taken up with the medium (75% perlite / 25% vermiculite) and roots. Perlite doesn't actually absorb any water (other than what clings to its rough surface) so it's basically filler.

That would mean that 9-10oz is what it takes to moisten the medium, re-hydrate the vermiculite throughout, and fill (or super-saturate) the reservoir below the drain hole on the side.

:Namaste:

Thanks for everyone's quick replies very much appreciated, im at the stage of drilling holes in my bottles and im wondering do the drain holes go all the way around the bottle?

Thanks for everyone's quick replies very much appreciated, im at the stage of drilling holes in my bottles and im wondering do the drain holes go all the way around the bottle?

It's not going to make much of a difference one way or the other since the bucket (or bottle in this case) is still going to drain the same way, just a bit quicker if you had two or three holes, but we'er talking maybe a second or two difference. I think it's probably just personal preference.

Ok so I did holes all the way around in total of 6 would you say that is to many or still the second or two of seperation? Just wondering dont want the clones to dry out faster than they need to.

Ok so I did holes all the way around in total of 6 would you say that is to many or still the second or two of seperation? Just wondering dont want the clones to dry out faster than they need to.

You can see the difference yourself if you take the one you put 6 holes in and then on the next one just put one hole in it and dump the same amount of water in both and watch them drain.

One isn't really going to dry out more than the other, because after the excess water drains above the holes the water that remains in the reservoir will be wicked up through the medium by the vermiculite.

Does that make sense?

Fratdogg223 said:
You can see the difference yourself if you take the one you put 6 holes in and then on the next one just put one hole in it and dump the same amount of water in both and watch them drain.

One isn't really going to dry out more than the other, because after the excess water drains above the holes the water that remains in the reservoir will be wicked up through the medium by the vermiculite.

Does that make sense?

Yes the water that does not drain sits in bottom and the roots use it like a rez

Great journal my friend...I'll be doing a 2L hempy test run myself along with my Ebb and Flow setup basically same principal but the 2L hempys are just so much simpler imo...I'll be running under 1k and Co2 though so it'll def. be interesting. I'll log my results and maybe start a journal as well so everyone can see them not sure yet but thanks for this journal bro :welldone:

Ok Quick update I have 25 hempys going everything is going well, except i have noticed that the soil seems a bit cold my temps are 75, humidity is 55, is there a way to warm the soil a tad bit?

Ok Quick update I have 25 hempys going everything is going well, except i have noticed that the soil seems a bit cold my temps are 75, humidity is 55, is there a way to warm the soil a tad bit?

75 degrees with a RH of 55% is perfect! I don't think you'll want to raise temps at all if you can help it. Is there something going on that is making you think you need to raise your temps?

this thread def has allot of good content, thats for sure!
Im almost thinking of using this to maximize yield to harvest time ratio, i get decent size plants and yields but run 1 large plant. and thats allot of down time! its nice being able to say you grow monster cannabis plants though ;)

Fratdogg223 said:
75 degrees with a RH of 55% is perfect! I don't think you'll want to raise temps at all if you can help it. Is there something going on that is making you think you need to raise your temps?

Well the soil seems a bit cold in the hempys. Just wondering is that normal?

Well the soil seems a bit cold in the hempys. Just wondering is that normal?

With the air temps you have, as long as you don't have them sitting directly on a concrete floor in a basement, I can't think of any reason to be concerned. I think the grow medium will always be a little cooler that the ambient temperature in the room because of evaporation.

Fratdogg223 said:
With the air temps you have, as long as you don't have them sitting directly on a concrete floor in a basement, I can't think of any reason to be concerned. I think the grow medium will always be a little cooler that the ambient temperature in the room because of evaporation.

On milk crates. Also have been using botanicares full line up of nutes pro blend ran out today. I have tons of fox farm nutes with solubles would it be a bad idea to switch to the fox farm or go buy more botanicare?

On milk crates. Also have been using botanicares full line up of nutes pro blend ran out today. I have tons of fox farm nutes with solubles would it be a bad idea to switch to the fox farm or go buy more botanicare?

I think you're good then...

I've used the Fox Farm line before with good results. I still use Grow Big and Big Bloom from time to time. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use them if you have them. Like anything, I wouldn't start full strength until you see how the plants react, and then go from there.

Fratdogg223 said:
I think you're good then...

I've used the Fox Farm line before with good results. I still use Grow Big and Big Bloom from time to time. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use them if you have them. Like anything, I wouldn't start full strength until you see how the plants react, and then go from there.

I been using 25ml bloom 5 calmag 5 aqua shield 5 bioweed 5 mollases 5 hydroplex and they love it man. Fox farm is going to be hard to dial in

I been using 25ml bloom 5 calmag 5 aqua shield 5 bioweed 5 mollases 5 hydroplex and they love it man. Fox farm is going to be hard to dial in

Sounds like you just answered your own question...:Namaste:

Fratdogg223 said:
Sounds like you just answered your own question...:Namaste:

Ok quick update switched to fox farm nutes no problems so far. Feed,water,skip is going good. Have a quick question on a mum plant going under a 150w cfl its under a 400 mh now but im throwing clones away weekly. Will it survive and produce under the 150w atleast to take 20 clones a month?

Ok quick update switched to fox farm nutes no problems so far. Feed,water,skip is going good. Have a quick question on a mum plant going under a 150w cfl its under a 400 mh now but im throwing clones away weekly. Will it survive and produce under the 150w atleast to take 20 clones a month?

Seems like it should. You might want to start your own journal, as well. Pictures and a fuller description will help a lot of the very experienced members here to assist you. I'm just starting out myself, so I'll defer the actual answer to the experts.

Unrelated, your username + my avatar made me :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom