Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

farnorth, I usually do that type of technique when growing bigger plants just as it makes trimming easier and helps bulk up the bottom buds.

Not sure if it would be beneficial in this type of setup due to low plant height, but it could be worth a try.

farnorth, I usually do that type of technique when growing bigger plants just as it makes trimming easier and helps bulk up the bottom buds.

Not sure if it would be beneficial in this type of setup due to low plant height, but it could be worth a try.

arent your plants over 2ft now 420fied?

will i have enough room in my 2l hempys to bud still? i let them veg for like 2 weeks problly before flowering, think ill get root bound?

This method seems like a great way to grow a lot of plants in a relatively small space. Unfortunately, in Oregon medical marijuana growers are limited to 6 full size plants at any given time so we try everything humanly possible to make those 6 as large and branched out as possible. Heavy yielding stocky strains are the norm.

Those are really looking great 420. Have you heard much about double cropping? Cutting hte top half of the plants and about a week later cutting the lower half? I think its pretty interesting, and I could see how it could be a kind of cool thing for a grow like yours.
Great job sir.

Thank you. I've heard of it but never tried it.

arent your plants over 2ft now 420fied?

will i have enough room in my 2l hempys to bud still? i let them veg for like 2 weeks problly before flowering, think ill get root bound?

The plants are finishing in the 17-22 inch range. You'll be fine in the 2 liters with 2 weeks of vegging.

The oldest girls turn 8 weeks old tomorrow.

d55_cones.JPG

Good growing everyone.

A most excellent journey to be along with.

My guess is, you'll average 19g per plant after drying. They're looking quite juicy!

The plants are finishing in the 17-22 inch range. You'll be fine in the 2 liters with 2 weeks of vegging.

K good to know, do you think the payoff in the end will be of any significance from letting them veg for 2 extra weeks or do you think ill be wasting more time than its worth? I notice alot of side branching on the ones i have let go for 2 weeks or so, when i throw them into bud should i get rid of all that on the bottoms except for the node closest to the main stalk?

K good to know, do you think the payoff in the end will be of any significance from letting them veg for 2 extra weeks or do you think ill be wasting more time than its worth? I notice alot of side branching on the ones i have let go for 2 weeks or so, when i throw them into bud should i get rid of all that on the bottoms except for the node closest to the main stalk?

Go straight to 12/12 if you're running a SOG.

looks fantastic my friend. very healthy, very uniform. everything you want out of a sog. You are indeed the man my brother.

A rooted clone dropped right into a 2 liter hempy and put into flower will create branches and become a just under two feet plant that you can strip of fans.

It sounds weird but I have found that larger plants which have been prevegged in a 2 liter hempy do not yield any more then rooted clones popped right in the media and put under 12/12 lighting.

If you put a rooted cone right in a two liter and put it under 12/12 lighting enough branches will form during the first 3 weeks to fill in the canopy, which makes the preveg to form branches unnecessary.

And If clones finish flowering past 2 feet tall the lower stuff does not produce.

So its best to just aim to keep them short, that way the lower buds fill in totally.

A stabilization period after transplanting from the cloner into a hempy is good. But pre-vegging them till they show branches has yielded me no real gain.

A Fan-stripped clone with branching will yield a bit more then a fan-stripped and lolly-poped clone. But they require a bit more space in between each pot.

So leave branches on if you space your two liter pots apart a bit from each other and run less numbers, But lolly-pop the lower branches during the first 3 weeks if you do a close stacked SOG where the plants are stacked next to each other.

The ones I did recently have shown me exactly what xare just posted above, I stripped 2 of the 9 clones I put into flower of fan leaves and left the other 7 clones alone, I needed to do that so I didnt cause any stress on these clones so I know if the mothers are not hermies. But what I did was transplant them from solo cups into the 2 liters and let them straighten out a little bit for a day or so, once I say they werent stressed I popped them in the flower tent and they are all good so far. Most ended up topping out at 24-25 inches though.

This was the day I trimmed the leaves, the one on the left is trimmed, the right is not. Both are the same age, strain etc.... there was a bit of growth on the bottoms of both that I trimmed on top of the fans.

IMG_0406_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0407_-_Copy.JPG

When you are dealing with a strain that likes to shoot up and grow fast / triple in size, try to keep your clones small when you make them.

A 1 inch difference at the start of flower will be 3 inches by the end.

7 inch clone will be 21
8 inch clone will be 24
9 inch clone will be 27

Generally, it will change from strain to strain but I am speaking about widow crosses under a 600 hps.

On my next run I plan on doing some that are 6 inches when I put them in flower to keep them short, around 18 inches.

Thanks xare, that is a really key piece of info that helps me hugely, I knew they stretched and possibly doubled I didnt know they tripled.

Thanks

Wow, I had no idea this method was so popular. I am going to give it a shot with a couple of plants and see how it turns out. It seems to me, correct me if I am wrong, you need a lot of plants with this method and people who have a restriction of plants like me (6 plants), it is really not the best solution. Bless...

yeah it is mainly strain dependent on the amount of stretch, My wonder woman strain stretches only a little bit when put in bloom, but the SLH I'm running now stretches 3 times its size, maybe even more. The key is learning your strains

Wow, I had no idea this method was so popular. I am going to give it a shot with a couple of plants and see how it turns out. It seems to me, correct me if I am wrong, you need a lot of plants with this method and people who have a restriction of plants like me (6 plants), it is really not the best solution. Bless...

You're correct sonzor. This method wouldn't be ideal for anyone that has a 6 plant restriction. This method is perfect if you want to cram large numbers into a small space though. ;)

I need a fast finishing strain to give this a good go. something 8 weeks or less, this 10-12 week cycle I have going on is getting to be a lot of waiting. It's worth it in the end though, it's so good I smoke it all up real fast lol.

Can't wait to see the numbers you get from the first 40. Would be a delight trimming those huge colas

Looking awesome, 420fied.

So what's your feeding schedule now for the oldest plants? Are they receiving only water for the last 1 or 2 weeks, or just a flush at the end?

I have 4 girls in day 29 of flower, in hempy, and feeding them GH nutes as well. I have mine severely LST'd (1st time LSTing) and am getting very, very psyched looking at all the bud sites developing.

I was following the recommended GH feeding schedule too, but the strain i'm cultivating (unknown) couldn't tolerate it and began to show some burn. Instead of lowering the PPM I was using, I simply began feeding every other day and watering in between. Plants responded well. I flush once a week and give them 5ml H2O2/gal at that time as well.

Have you had to modify your feedings in any way, or are you still sticking to the GH schedule verbatim?

do you flush 420 and how often?

i find this odd but i went over 2 the bud room 2day and my 1 blackberry i have in a 2l hempy, one of the 1s i vegged 4 roughly 2 weeks, has mad roots shooting out of the drainage hole! What should i do?

Dont wanna take over your thread but 1 more thing, i got weird stress going on in all my hempys, gh nutes and oc+, i think its because i have been using the general organic cal/mag, it grew mad algae in my dwc buckets and the tops of my hempys were going brown. What do ya think?

I need a fast finishing strain to give this a good go. something 8 weeks or less, this 10-12 week cycle I have going on is getting to be a lot of waiting. It's worth it in the end though, it's so good I smoke it all up real fast lol.

Can't wait to see the numbers you get from the first 40. Would be a delight trimming those huge colas
I crop my Pineapple Express @49 days from first night. An extra week hasn't impressed me, I tried.

Back
Top Bottom