Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

I had figured that you were pulling more than 1gpw. It looks like you can do this consistently too, which is not an easy task. This coupled with your helpful and diy mentality is why this has been my favorite journal to date. I had the first 31 pages saved to my hard drive before I registered (just in case).

Thank you for the kind words.

Thanks space is limited and you're such a BIG help.:thanks:

Thank you...and you're welcome.

Thats impressive.

Thank you my friend.

Thanks GT!

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

I have them under a T5 which is on 24/7 but I have a canopy over them which blocks the light because I don't want the clones to slip into photosynthesis. The T5 stays on because my mothers are under it as well. Yes, I am still using ph'd tap water.

I don't understand. I've read the journal from start to this page(I hate when ppl ask the same Q's that you already took the time to answer), and the photos you show appear to have the clones right beside the mother, directly under the T5. Did I miss something? What type of canopy do you have covering the clones?

I love your journals because they have so much info, but it's amazing how much more there is going on, even with all of your details. I'm taking a while to get thru all of them, because my medication keeps me distracted after work :) Thanks for taking the time to let us all learn from your experience!

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

do you flush 420 and how often?

i find this odd but i went over 2 the bud room 2day and my 1 blackberry i have in a 2l hempy, one of the 1s i vegged 4 roughly 2 weeks, has mad roots shooting out of the drainage hole! What should i do?

I know almost nothing, but doesn't it sound like this would be due to over-watering? if roots follow water, then either the holes are too low, or for whatever reason lots of water is running out, so the roots are following that rather than creeping to the bottom of the bottle to find the res. just a possibility in my very humble opinion

Thanks, scratch. Is that any special material used to cover them, or just anything opaque? Also, how high is the canopy? I'm guessing it's about 8" and those clones are about 2-3". Was that a pic of your grow, or is that from 'fied? Either way, what thread and page could I find that, please?

That's mine sauron. That's a simple garbage bag over the clones. There's about 8 inches of room under there. ;)

Great work, 420fied! I started your journal last night and could not stop reading it. I almost finished it in one sitting. I enjoyed reading your journal, and I would like to thank you for the wealth of information that you have included and added to 420magazine. Your research has paid off and will definitely influence my future grows (I've yet to start growing because I want to make sure I've given myself adequate time to research.). Will you be starting a new/different type of grow of some sort soon?
:thumb:

-mises890

420, can you give a short summation comparing your aero PVC grow to your hempy grow as to pros and cons.

Thanks for sharing!

Swami, I'll speak for 420fied:
The aero-SCROG was a slow ordeal with a complex set-up.
Hempy SOG is simple, quick, and very productive.

You need more detail? Read both journals, or...
Start saving your soda bottles, grow weed, then :bigtoke:

420fied, my friend, gonna run your setup with TGA Subcool's Qleaner. Will you review that strain and tell me if you think it's a good choice please?? I also posted the other new additions to my stable in my journal, if you want to review....Hope all is well my friend.
Peace and God bless.
GT

WOW!

Although this took me a few days to chew through, the first 5 min perusal changed my entire SOG setup, esp the nutes end. I was going to go all terra-cotta 8" with ocean forest, but this just makes that look like a huge back-ache!

If you wouldn't mind i do have a few questions. you say place drainage holes 2 1'/4" up- does this allow for water to pool in the bottom and therefore stifle oxygen? does the perlite mix wick it away or is there something im missing here like a bubble stone? obviously stagnation of water is no issue in your setup.

my hydro guy doesn't have a pump like that and neither does my local hardware store. is there a place i can get an identical one online or did you buy yours local?

Also to re-iterate as this was def clear in the journal but you only used pH Down, CalMag and GH Flora Bloom/Grow/Micro...no other nutes from the GH line?

im floored and excited keep an eye ill have my t5 version of this with my Mandala Satori mother....

peace and prosperity brother

WOW!

Although this took me a few days to chew through, the first 5 min perusal changed my entire SOG setup, esp the nutes end. I was going to go all terra-cotta 8" with ocean forest, but this just makes that look like a huge back-ache!

If you wouldn't mind i do have a few questions. you say place drainage holes 2 1'/4" up- does this allow for water to pool in the bottom and therefore stifle oxygen? does the perlite mix wick it away or is there something im missing here like a bubble stone? obviously stagnation of water is no issue in your setup.

my hydro guy doesn't have a pump like that and neither does my local hardware store. is there a place i can get an identical one online or did you buy yours local?

Also to re-iterate as this was def clear in the journal but you only used pH Down, CalMag and GH Flora Bloom/Grow/Micro...no other nutes from the GH line?

im floored and excited keep an eye ill have my t5 version of this with my Mandala Satori mother....

peace and prosperity brother

Yes..... the hole is 2 1/4" up from the bottom which creates a small res at the bottom. The vemiculite acts as the wick and wicks the moisture up into the root structure. You don't have to worry about stagnation because you're watering the plants every other day and that keeps the nutes fresh.

As far as the pump goes..... I ended up not using it. I simply use an old 2 liter and drain my catch tubs by hand. It's very simple. You can order pumps off of Ebay all day long. That's where I got mine.

Yes... I only used the GH 3 part line but I have since switched to Blue Planet Nutrients and I am running their 3 part Elite series exclusively along with Liquid Blue. Check out my Blue Planet SOG and get a look at how that run turned out. I think you'll agree that Blue Planet is a wise choice as far as nutrients go. Give them a look.

Best of luck my friend.

thank you, that def answered my q's. sorry to ask redundant questions....

my only hesitation with this is the post-harvest taste. I dont care about massive yield if the buds taste like nutes. im going to try it with excessive flushing/leaching before harvest.

how do those buds (the General Hydro fed ones) taste compared to soil? they look scrumptious...gonna check out your new journal, 420fied

peace

thank you, that def answered my q's. sorry to ask redundant questions....

my only hesitation with this is the post-harvest taste. I dont care about massive yield if the buds taste like nutes. im going to try it with excessive flushing/leaching before harvest.

how do those buds (the General Hydro fed ones) taste compared to soil? they look scrumptious...gonna check out your new journal, 420fied

peace

Personally, I never noticed THAT much difference in the taste of soil and Hydro but it's been a long time since I've grown in soil.

Blue Planet doesn't leave any taste in my buds. Neither did GH or AN for that matter. Flushing is a subject of great debate and personally, I don't even think it's necessary. Sometimes I flush, sometimes I don't....and to be quite honest, I don't notice any difference in taste.

I'm speaking from experience over thousands of plants.

Do what works for you and makes you happy. I wish you well my friend.

Back
Top Bottom