Complete budjet grow under $50!

something new is always good. the budget is the best part, either way you go is good with me.

I don't even know what a hempy is so I'd definitely be interested in watching that. Esspecially if it may offer another inexpensive option for me to utilize in the future.

wow only 100? i cant remember the last time i just spent 100 for a grow..hope it works out for ya....if you were thinking of going cheap...get some used gutters for free and a water pump some netwell inserts and some loose gravel..there you have it..a dyi nft...

Hempys are simple passive watering system, you fill you bucket with medium like hydroton or the original was perlite and vermiculite. You then poke a hole about 2 inches from the bottom of the bucket. You fill your bucket with water and nutes till the water comes out the hole.

We have done this with various deviations, we planted 6 plants directly in a tote filled with medium so we had them all contained. We used 3 gal buckets so they could be individually grown.

The purpose of the hole is to not over water, you can get the same results with nursery pots and the plastic bottoms. Just top feed until the reservoir is filled up then stop. Let the reservoir run completely dry for a day then water again that's the only trick to hempys.

Simple huh. And passive you can also put all your pots in one containers and fill about 2 inches deep if using nursery pots like we have since the holes wont be 2 inches from the bottom bur rather on the bottom.

wow only 100? i cant remember the last time i just spent 100 for a grow..hope it works out for ya....if you were thinking of going cheap...get some used gutters for free and a water pump some netwell inserts and some loose gravel..there you have it..a dyi nft...

Oh yes free i awsome, when we first made our grow room under the stairs the 3rd thing we set up was vinyl gutter system just as you described because it can be cut to custom fit any size and situation. also pvc can be used with a hole saw then no medium is used simply plug the rock wool into the hole you drilled

But were trying to cut even more costs our electric bill is high and with both me and my husband out of work we wan to cut it down wit no more pumps less lighting ect. We have 4 hid lights and 2 4ft floros, plus pumps fans ect.

That's why were looking for something to just leave alone other than water every 3-4 days.

Yes exactly were after the budget grow, and one person posted cfl's do a great job. I believe they do but it seems like you peeps are using a lot of them. Don't your electric bill go up? Plus cost of all those bulbs and fixtures. When I priced them out I could get a used shop metal halide hid for less than one 300w cfl set up and I know I would nee a lot more than 1 for 12 plants. Our bill goes up about $20 for each hid we turn on we have 4 plus all the extras. Were just tired so we want to set this budget and keep it not only keep it but make it reusable so we don't have to spend $30 on soil or 60 on $rock wool every month. We want reusable stuff and modular made with the money you can get from a trip to the plasma center. So even if your broke as hell have no money you can donate plasma save a life and grow some ganja!!!

Well very bad news peeps this may set us back a week, it was half a day of school and well my husband and I both went to pick up the kid and take him do run some errands. Our cat knocked over the tray suffice it to say a few plants didn't make it we do have 12 out of 14 as I still want 12 to do this journal. But it looks like 8 are fine so let's hope for the other 4 to come back.

They where in plastic cups with some dirt for support 2 got ate, but this was temporary to support the plants the cups are color but clear color so I am going to probably wrap them. This is a bad turn to a great start, how many times do 14 of 15 seeds sprout in 36 hours, every thing was perfect. So now its time to play doctor and revive them I don't want to start over but will if I have to its only a 3 day set back I guess but lets see if nurse Britney can make em all better.

Cross your fingers, peeps also going from this small of dirt to hempy buckets is not a problem at all I once transferred a entire dirt grow to them right before flowering.

thanx for that explanation of hempies. Simple and effective ways of growwing are the best ays of growwing.

Thanks I will try to get some pics up soon on hempies along with variations and styles there is a journal here were some one did a complete grow with 2.00 garbage cans or pails from the dollar store. It was a very good grow and fast if I can remember I will try to find it and link it later.

Well it looks like I got 10 plants to come back to life, give me about 3 more days and for sure we will know. A few plants are getting ready for transplanting to there permanent home as they fully re cooperated but I would like all of them to get on the same page. I think I came up with a good diy kit that will keep us on budget and no future expenses on medium. If we had a higher budget I would use hydroton, only for ease of re-use and less mess than mixing stuff up.

When I first read a book on hydroponics back in the late 80's they used peagravel, lavarock, all types of stuff we disregarded today for the latest and greatest. While I do like the hydroton balls there is still nothing wrong with the basics and keeping it simple and cheap. That's why were going to go with a long standing fail safe and inexpensive medium with a recipe that has tested time are you ready? 3 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite hmm how simple hugh! Its been that same way since the 70s when the book I read in the 80s was wrote lol.

So not much going on nothing picture worthy you all seen pics of cups in starter trays, but by the end of the week I will have then in there homes

Thanks for staying tuned in!

With the cfl's I just use 3 42 watters for my vegging at the moment, and hey I gotta say a 4 foot plants are pretty good results..lol..but i'd choose hid anyday over cfl's. But in my case I thought they would slow the growth down. Obviously I was wrong..just a thought on how good cfl's can work.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom