GreenChrome's Perpetual Grow Journal Volume 1 - Soil - Ice & Bubblicious

CP, Thanks for all of the awesome compliments! We are very excited, our first run in the new room is going great. The little ones were tied down pretty young, about a week into veg. I have recently had to tie down some of the tips coming up from below. We are trying to maintain an even canopy, so I will loosen some and give slack when the time is right as well.

The nugs are really tightening up and swelling all at once. These are both white strains, and we are beginning to see the frost covered nugs we have been waiting for. Thanks for checking in, I hope we are doing what Jorge would do!

LOL Things are definitely looking great.

And I'm sure Jorge himself would approve. :) Come to think of it, I have one white strain myself, my Berry White aka White Berry aka Blue Widow. So technically it's both a white and a blue, or berry... :hmmmm: Either way, can't wait to see her finish, and hopefully at 7 weeks according to everything I've read on her.

Let's see... First group is finishing week 7, second is at week 4.5, then 3... so she's around 2-2.5 weeks now. Just finishing her stretch and showing some good pistils really, we'll see in about another 2 weeks or so.

I'm pulling my first Purple Kush tonite @ day 48, just a tad early but she's not going to amount to much anyway (I'll be lucky to pull a 1/2oz dried from her) but she was always kinda goofy, I think she was cloned probably 2-3 weeks into flower, had problems and never quite filled out right.

That's okay tho, she was meant for bigger and better things, she had lots of healthy happy kids and a few grandkids on the way. In the meantime I need the bucket, the space and some meds until next week when I plan to take a couple of colas off of the OG Kush. Blue Dream and Blueberry will probably go a full 9 weeks at the rate they're filling out, but it'll be well worth the wait. :yummy:

I've had Blue Dream many a times from many different sources so I pretty much know what to expect there, can't wait to try my own BB tho... :)

Just found your journal and read from start to finish... The two of you are doing an excellent job all around with the setup/grow/journal... +reps my friends I'm Subbed

CP, its always better when it is your own. Let me know how the smoke is! Sounds like you have an unlimited supply coming in shortly. I cant wait until the cycle is going full speed. Still have another 3 to 4 weeks on these girls, plus a month to cure.

Icemud, thanks a lot. I have never had plants grow this well this quickly. They are surprisingly bigger than they were yesterday. It's like someone is breaking in and swapping my plants with bigger ones.

HighFlyin5- Thanks for the reps! We are glad to have you follow our journal. We are having a lot of fun with it. We were trying to wait a week or so between picture updates but they change so quickly!

We are still working out some nutrient issues. The Bubblicious plants are all happy and green. The yellowing and brown spotting keeps coming in on the two Ice plants. I added some nutes high in N and Mg last night, so I will see if it helped in a bit. The veg girls are starting to show a slight yellowing at the tips, just in time for tomorrows weekly feeding. After a few cycles I should know what they want and when they want it before they show it.

I figured out the temp problem in the flower room. When I swapped filters I couldnt get in to hang the big one on the cieling. I need to install a couple hooks- impossible with all the plants in. I set it on the floor, thinking I would hang it when I harvested these and vented to outside. Today, I noticed that the pots and dirt were much cooler than the canopy, and figure it is because my intake air is passing under the canopy to the filter, also down low, and then out. The top of the room is staying warm. When I take the girls out in a couple weeks to flush, I will get the filter up high. I think this will help a lot, and of course I will be venting outside after they are harvested and before the veg girls move in.

Don't forget San Jorge, Patron Saint of Cannabis... :laughtwo:

Chrome, you're right, even if it's not 100% great, my own half-assed bud will always be better than something I picked up at the shop or off the street. We quick-dried a small nug for a couple days, definitely early but still had a nice mellow buzz to it (I think I actually prefer the early side of 'heavy' indicas), even had a nice sweet (like sugary sweet, not totally grapey) to it and not harsh at all. Can't wait to try the rest after it's 'properly' dried (3-5 days is proper right? lol)

So 'Mary I' came down tonite, just after officially becoming a grandmother ('Mary III-1' just popped one lil root)... Fitting I think.

And Chef, it's always easy to tell when the plants got plenty of TLC, especially in the end. Just like my first cut tonite, even if they don't turn out 100% for whatever reason, they're still b-e-a-utiful... :grinjoint: (And the clones just keep getting better each generation so I must be doing *something* right here.)

Hey everyone, its been a few days, we had nice weather so I went on a ride around the state. The plants are all doing well, raising the lights twice a day in the veg chamber! The Ice plants are still yellowing out. I am giving them as much nutrients as I feel is safe, full doses of Bloom Terra as a base, Fa full dose of Superlicious, and an almost full dose of big bud. They do not look like they are burning, and it does not look like lockout. It looks like a lack of N, but also looks like the plant does not care about the fan leaves because the bud leaves all look fine. The bubblicious plants still look great, and they have the same diet. Any advice on this one?

hey green ,also growing ice. mine look the same. week 6 of veg. i also got papaya in week 6. MH and cfls.
waiting for a sunny day or two to give them 8-10 hours of sunlight cause they love it.

Thanks everyone, we are still battling high temps, and my newest idea was to tape 1 1/2 of the intake vents to the veg room, forcing more air to be sucked out of the flower room. We will see how this worked when I can pop the doors tonight. We took 23 clones last night to get ready for the next cycle, starting in 2 weeks. The veg girls are bushy beachballs and are filling out the room like scrog without the screen. The leaves are still yellowing, but I think it was from more of a cobination of old age and high heat. I know, I know... high heat is bad, but these girls were meant to brake in the room and to show us what we needed to work on. The next grow should go better, and the veg stage certainly is.

On Sunday we will need to flush the girls. So far, I have been using two 5g buchets to mix and water, which were easy to have filled and left out for 25 hours. What do you guys and gals use to allow water to sit for flushing? With 5 7g pots, I believe I will need a minimum of 70g???

Picture update tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long we decide to sit in front of the fire pit tonight. Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom