GreenChrome's Perpetual Grow Journal Volume 1 - Soil - Ice & Bubblicious

Let me just say that as I type these letters it is 11:59 pm on Sunday. So, I'm really not late on this picture update yet.

I miss Chrome. I have been tending to these ladies with a vigilance that the snake plant in my studio yearns for with envy. The yellowing in the Flower plants still hasn't worsened; a faint yellow hue is still mild to moderately visible in some of the leaves. The fan leaves looked happy tonight, uplifting the blinding warm light.

I feel terribly for one girl, she was originally put in a much smaller pot than her counterparts. We watered the group, we noticed that the fan leaves on this small-potted plant started to receive nutrient burn - the rest of the girls were fine. The nutrients that we had placed in the water container was the perfect ratio for our regularly sized pots, but this smaller pot and subsequent smaller roots could not handle the amount. Chrome transplanted her to a significantly larger pot, and worked on giving it plain water during the nutrient feedings of the others. It seems that the burn was no worse, but the leaves had suffered a good blow. The bud and the inner part of the fan leaves are green and appear well; her tips are gnarled and arthritic.

I had a lot of fun with these tonight. I hope you enjoy!

IMG_091112.jpg

Flower Chamber

IMG_091215.JPG

Left side

IMG_091318.JPG

Right side

IMG_091513.jpg

Trimmed bottoms

IMG_091817.JPG

Veg Chamber

IMG_092014.jpg

Tying down stalks

IMG_09337.jpg

IMG_093410.JPG

IMG_094112.JPG

IMG_094915.JPG

IMG_095012.jpg

Bud from beneath

Have a great night guys! I'm happy to be back in the 420 forums. Stay green, see you on the boards!:green_heart:

Short update- The flower room was still to warm as the weather is getting somewhat hot. I put an AC in the window to cool the garage as a whole but it did not help much. I decided that with our venting outside and the AC running, the only thing left to do was to drop from two 600w bulbs to 2 400w bulbs. The swap is in progress, waiting for number two to cool down. I will save the 600w for the winter months.

We also started mothers and will be using both rooms for veg and flower. I have assembled a duplicate filter, just need to fill it with carbon and the veg girls will be switched over in their current room. The mothers are doing well, I cut about half off the top last week and they are getting bushy. Many clones to come.

Chefgreen

I followed your link to your? grow and WOW looking sweet, nice pics too.

Greenchrome

I followed chef here and these ladies (no matter whos they are) Saaaweet!

The pictures are all Chef Green, the in-house multi-talented artist extraordinaire!

Well you make a great pair! and make beautiful plants together!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just looked for new pics ...

Hey Buck, I try to discipline myself for shots every Sunday. I would like to do them more frequently, working on improving my time management skills. Last night the ladies wilted to show their thirst and I realized we hadn't previously filled the water buckets, allowing time for dechlorination. I took the buckets into my studio and used our Big Fish tank water. The plants could use the N boost, anyway.

Chrome added nutrients while I filled the tank back up; we both watered. Now that I think of it, we watered each others' designated rooms.

I spent a good portion of time pinching off the dead/dying fan leaves again. More branches had began to fall beneath the canopy due to weight. We use small rope about the width of shoestring - just realized that in the future I could use the very same - and created a joist system for the buds to support themselves with. The larger colas I noosed at the stem or used what we had left of the rubber wire and suspended them by pinning the rope to the wall above.

I woke up feeling off this morning. I usually save my medicating for the evening, as I felt it would allow for better time usage of my day to prolong smoking. I went outside and took a few hits of the Bub; I felt rightened. This came from a mid-level bud - if you remember, our last harvest proved to have some heat issues before Chrome vented outside. This worked well until the summer heat rolled in, which required Chrome to additionally air-condition the garage and switch to a lower wattage of lights for the season. So, this mid-level bud, which did not suffer from heat exhaustion was subsequentially denser, more crystallized and upon medicating revealed itself to be a more potent and effective product.

I feel completely in control of myself, enough so that doing my paperwork that I need to accomplish does not appear to be suffering, albeit with a few distractions. Chrome, on the other hand, had moments of body irrationality. I'm sure he could better articulate, but from what I gathered he likened it to the loss of control one may feel before passing out. Not to condemn the bud, I believe he means this as how potent this particular smoke was. He mentioned it was akin to the bud we used to experience back in our hometown.

Alright, things to do. I will be back this evening with a picture update.

Nice update... great read!

I just read your journal from start to finish. Nice read, and great looking ladies! I'm currently finishing my first grow, and clones from the first batch are a week away from flower for the second batch. I'm with you on getting to know a few different strains. My current grow is Holy Grail Kush, and Cheese. The Holy Grail is a great plant it seems for the beginner, and can really take the nutrients. The Cheese on the other hand suffered a bit during veg on my second grow. Looking forward to trying Bubblicious. She looks like a real beauty. Keep up the great work on your rooms, I found it very interesting.

Hey Guys. Chrome's gone to bed, I am sleepless. Bubblicious and I took some photos tonight - if I'm still awake I count it as Sunday.

The shelf life on the refrigerated cannabutter is nearing, I should make something good tomorrow. I bought some local blackberry jam at the Farmer's Market last week. I opened it today, I've never tasted jam so fresh. I'm thinking of making THC Thumbprint cookies.

I keep toking on the Bub in hopes that I'll tire. Chrome suggested that I research and choose a strain to start myself in the former Veg Chamber. I need to sit down and do some research. Anyone want to sell me on their favorites?

IMG_10359.JPG

Right side, strung up to swell.

IMG_10335.JPG

Left side, bearing down with weight.

IMG_10317.jpg

Taking a technique cue from Buckshot.

IMG_10375.JPG

IMG_10389.jpg

Sexy crystals.

IMG_10418.JPG

Flipped the Veg Chamber into Flower.

IMG_10408.JPG

Signs of transition

IMG_104210.JPG

IMG_105116.jpg

I've really been enjoying it here. Happy to travel through grows with you all, cannabis is the great unifier. Ever start to get to know someone, debating on friendship and then realize that both of you are cannabis enthusiasts? It always sways my view of them into positive light.

Very nice, beautiful plants and great pics of them. You might look more towards an indica strain that is left to mature for sleep.

Hey guys, I just came up from checking on the leafy ladies. In the larger chamber, which used to be solely Flower, appears to have a substantial gnat problem. We noticed a mild to moderate amount a couple of days ago and put up two fly strips in each room. Which, I must add is the most god-awful product outside of Hell. No matter how aware I try to make myself of the gooey, villainous yellow curl hanging in sticky waiting - I always get stuck to it. The first time, I caught a few strands of hair that I disgustedly sacrificed as I was leaning in to tie up buds. I firmly planted my upper arm onto a gnat-riddled strip after that while watering, groaning in upset throughout the duration of peeling it from my skin.

The last watering along with tonight's received a dose of root conditioner, which the salesperson at our local grow shop insisted that it would take care of gnats. The bottle is beyond vague, it mentions absolutely nothing of what its purpose is, or what ailments it would treat or benefits it provides.

Has anyone encountered a troublesome gnat issue? What did you find works?

very nice.. can I ask you an important question? Well, i'll ask anyway..lol. What is your electric bill like? I am curious, I grow outdoors and have no idea the cost of a grow room. electricity only. I know pretty much what all the equipment costs. I really want to try indoor growing but it scares me. Please if you don't mind, can I get an answer? Aloha and again your grow looks amazing.

very nice.. can I ask you an important question? Well, i'll ask anyway..lol. What is your electric bill like? I am curious, I grow outdoors and have no idea the cost of a grow room. electricity only. I know pretty much what all the equipment costs. I really want to try indoor growing but it scares me. Please if you don't mind, can I get an answer? Aloha and again your grow looks amazing.

Hawaii is very expensive ... ask OMM ( Old Man Med ) he lives in Hawaii. I think he said 4-5 hundred

:cheesygrinsmiley: I hate the stick cards too!!!

Mosquito dunks in your water and spray with an oil based spray usually neem, but I found one that is based on soy. It's a foam and sits on top the medium. Drench the soil then add a layer of diatamatious earth will tear up the critters. Treat several times even if you don't see them you have to break their reproductive cycle. You want to get them fast the strips and cards only get the adults while it's the larva that get to your roots. It looked like a few, but destroyed the roots so bad I lost half the final weight on the buds and all the next crop. This is WAR now get them now. Look around for sources and ie. old soil, Outside plants brought in. I dumped everything cleaned sprayed with RAID then started fresh with with straight perlight and still saw one. Got the strips from hell up, but I look at them as only an indicator of infestation because you're only getting the gnats at the end of their life cycle on the strips.
Good luck,
take no prisoners.

Back
Top Bottom