Ice and Bubblicious Under CFL in Soil - 2nd Grow

GreenChrome

Hey 420 Nation, this is my second attempt at a grow, as well as my second attempt at a grow journal. Neither were great the first time, so I would like to do better on both this time. I learned some important lessons on the first grow, and my goal is to not make the same mistakes again.

First things first, I dropped one seed of each into a shotglass partially filled with 24 hour tap water. I placed this on a heating mat and left it for 24 hours. Tap roots showed on both, and they went into a jiffy pellet in a tray under a dome. The jiffy pellets also sat in water overnight that had been properly ph'd. I used tweezers to maneuver the seeds, and never touched them with my hands. The heating mat is on now, and the lights are off.

When the lights come on they will be one blue flourescent and one red. Both are 24w strip lights attached to a homemade fixture. When the seedlings are strong enough, they will be moved to the grow closet with a 250W flourescent under a hood, panda film on the walls, ventilation, and an excess water drainage system (a hole).

I know the flourescents arent the best, but I do not have the space for anything else right now. I just bought a house, and will be moving in after I remodel. The garage will become the grow room and then we can have some fun. For now, practice with a small reward at the end :grinjoint:.

Re: Ice and Bubblicious under CFL in soil, 2nd Grow

Checked on the seeds today, one pushed out of the cube so i gently pushed it back in and tore some of the side of the cube to lightly plug the hole. Does anyone have a suggestion on when lights should be turned on? I do not think it would help much now, but I could be wrong.

Re: Ice and Bubblicious under CFL in soil, 2nd Grow

I have never germed with cubes before but when my seeds crack I transplant immediately into soil with light. Once light is introduced they will grow in said direction searching for light.

Prob didn't answer your question..

Good luck

MadMardo, I turned the lights on and it seemed to help. The bubblicious popped out already and is about an inch tall. The other one is still beneath the surface, but I believe that it is rooting. I will let you know if the day brings any more changes. Thanks!

Thanks, they are both about an inch and a half tall now, so I need to start thinking about my next step. I assume I should let the root a bit longer, but I dont know id I should put them in a smaller pot under weaker lights, or put them right into their 6g pots and throw them under the 250w.

Hi GreenChrome

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom