GreenChrome's Perpetual Grow Journal Volume 1 - Soil - Ice & Bubblicious

Re: GreenChrome's Perpetual Grow Journal Volume 1 (Soil, Ice & Bubblicious)

Thanks for stopping by Junbud +reps, we are trying hard to get this journal off the ground.

I found a cool thing at home depot today. Its a thermostat that the inline fan plugs into. I set up the old 4" fan to blow through the window, and set the thermostat to exhaust air until it is below 72 degrees in the garage. I hope this will work, otherwise I will still have to duct the 8" out through the side of the house.

I also picked up a cheap-o soil ph tester and some soft ties for plants. I cut them into 6" long pieces and tied/taped them to longer lengths of string. These should work perfectly for LST.

Also found some cloning/ rooting pellets. Being that we had that bad experience last time with the rapid rooters, I figured we can try these out.

Hey subscriptee's, I can use a little help identifying this spotting. These deficiencies tend to look the same to me (well, some of them). Honestly, I can convince myself this is whatever I am currently looking at. Does it look like burn from the Big Bud, or a lack of something?

IMG_8735.JPG
IMG_8734.JPG

Everything else is going well, the girls seem happy in the veg room. Temps are looking good as well.

Thanks!

Hello Mr & Mrs Green,
Very nice little set up!! your girls are beutifull!!!:Namaste:

Thanks dude, we appreciate the feedback. Just checked on the veg ladies again and the temps are still stable and they are looking nice. The veg plants are growing in nice tight leafing structures, and with LST'ing them I can see the lower nodes starting to poke through.

Lights off in the flower room, I hope the nutrient problem is not worsening.

Hi Mr & Mrs Green I really like your set up and you have some beautiful ladies ! and I do believe that the ones you are vegging should be fantastic I have been following your grow and the one thing that I have not seen is a fan or two to keep the air moving maybe I just missed them ,they do help alot when you have heat and humidity issues keep up the good work

Hey GoodOleDog, I had a small fan in the veg room way up at the ceiling. I lowered it last night and it is now a couple feet above the plants. It is just enough to keep air moving, and has helped with temps. Pretty much the same setup in the flower room, except that was is hanging upside down and oscillates.

Thanks for pointing this out, I know moving the air is important and should have mentioned out intent to add fans.

On another note, I ran a couple gallons of water through the flower room pots yesterday. We still have not received feedback here or in the problems and pests thread about the nutrient problem. I am trying to work it out, and we will see if any progress has been made by flushing.

Also, next time I go from veg to flower I will flush the plants and add a layer of fresh dirt on top, as settling has created some dips where roots can be seen. I would like to start a worm farm, and when I have some castings they will be added to that top layer as well. If anyone has a good thread or link on worm farm construction and operation, please send it this way! Picture update tomorrow or monday! The veg plants are short and bushy, and the node spacing is so compact it looks like a bud already!

Hey Dude, Dadums, and GoodOleDog! Thanks so much for stopping in, we're always excited to have new readers and feedback. Will be checking out your threads in the near future.

Currently working on an edible pictorial. I will be setting up a separate blog with a link in my signature shortly. The scraps from our grow makes lovely cannabutter; the waste not want not would make Gram proud.

Will be taking a picture update tomorrow as Chrome mentioned. The hardest part about growing is the patience.

Hello again, Friends! I have just finished baking Nutella Canna-Cookies with the scraps from our last grow. I hope all you growers will consider using your scraps to make edibles, it's satisfying to know that every part of your plant can be utilized. I actually used the forums here to help me when I first started making cannabutter.

Flushing seems to have made the problem worse and I am seeing numerous deficiencies blended together across most of the plants. I notices leaves yellowing today, and blackish spots on some middle aged fan leaves. A few seem browned around the edges, and a few are lighter green around the edges. I do not have any water sitting out, so I will fill my buckets tonight and water tomorrow with a full strength nutrient solution of both superthrive and big bud. Might also pick up some calmag, although I have not used this before. I have been cautious with my use of nutrients, and now see that they could have handled more. We will be doing a picture update tonight, so hold your breath!

Hey guys! We found ourselves with free time tonight and decided to do our picture update early. Here's what's been going on:

IMG_8772.jpg

Week 5

IMG_8779.JPG

Leaves like up-stretched hands praying to the Sun

IMG_8780.JPG

The tall girl in class

IMG_8781.jpg

Oscillating fan up top.

IMG_87781.JPG

There is a lighter green creeping in on the tips of this leaf. We believe it is due to a magnesium deficiency.

IMG_8773.JPG

IMG_8774.JPG

We did a flush yesterday, which actually seemed to exacerbate what we first speculated to be nutrient burn. We gave a full strength weekly dose of nutrients tonight.

IMG_87861.JPG

In Veg, 1A Ice shows interesting growth

IMG_87881.JPG

2D being trained

IMG_8787.JPG

IMG_8790.JPG

2A showing great potential

Thanks for checking in on us! This is our second grow, and we're always excited to get feedback. Take care, happy growers.

What is your outflow pH Green? If that is between 6 to 7 then lockout is probably not the problem but I would check your runoff if you are not doing that already. If pH is good then I would agree with you about giving them some cal mag. My only other advice is not to do anything too drastic, from the way they look right now I think you would have to try pretty hard to kill more than a few fan leaves. Apart from a couple of ugly water leaves you have some beautiful girls.

Thanks for checking in Mr. White,

I have not checked the outflow ph in a bit, but I will when lights come on. The soil ph is between 5.8 and 6.2, and that was before the mini-flush. We gave them a weekly dose last night, so I am looking forward to seeing if it helped. Having seen all around deficiencies the day after the flush convinced me. Also, they have not received too much nutrients the entire grow, and they are growing big fat sticky buds at an alarming rate. I know we will start losing leaves the further into flower we go, but it is an opportunity to learn about plant problems and how to correct them, as well as ensuring that they have everything they need to produce more goodness.

What do you soil growers do with the runoff that enters the tray? Suck it out? Let it sit?

Came over to check your grow ...I am glad I did, very nice!

Thanks for checking in Mr. White,

What do you soil growers do with the runoff that enters the tray? Suck it out? Let it sit?

I always sucked it out. That became a pain in the ass so I made a cheap drain table that sloped into a container. Not sure if your area will allow something large like that, shop vac works well too. Definatly don't want them sitting in standing water.

I figured I should get rid of the water, I have a shop vac, but I use if often and it is always filthy, along with the filter. I was thinking I could get a cheap fountain pump or something, but that seems like overkill. Maybe I can make a table for the next grow, I will check your link.

In about an hour we get to see if the nutrients helped, and I get to give the veg girls their weekly dose. We should be on the weekly schedule now, so hopfully a little more consistency on my end will help the girls.

Back
Top Bottom