Complete newbie! When to feed - Water+Nutes - lights on or lights off?

karbzkush

Like the title suggests, alot of peeps say too feed the plants when your cycle goes off(lights out) and the plants are in the dark to feed them?? does it really matter or feed them when lights are on? Or as long as you feed them when they just need water or we need to follow a certain pattern??

Is it a myth?
Thats all Folks

Smoke Free, Live Free
A Doobie a Day, Keeps The Doc Away!!

It is better to water I the morning of your light cycle. So when ever it is that you have your lights turning on I would water then. And it's always better to get on a cycle and keep it. Not only is it easier to remember to water ( for us forgetful stoners) but it keeps you from over watering. My schedule is Monday Wednesday Saturday. Just remember to not over water it is the most common mistake made. Another suggestion would be to get your self some type of ph reading kit. Maintaining proper ph is very vital!!! Hope this helps. Post here again if you have any other questions. Good luck growing and keep us posted!!!

The feed at night (lights off) thing is because if you get water on leaves and the hot midday sun is on them it will burn the leaves. As long as you dont get water on the plant then you can water anytime you wish.

Patterns are not as effective as watering when needed. Many things can effect how often a plant should be watered and these things can change daily. Sticking to a pattern is sure to over water or under water eventually.

So will indoor lights burn the leaves. And when I water I usually don't even get the leaves wet. I thought there was something to do with how well the roots absorbed water at different parts of the day. Should I be spraying my leaves down as well as watering??? I'm kinda new at this too and any knowledge I get is from these forums lol. It's better than any book you can buy lol. Thanks for any and all help!!

an advantage of watering in the early morning or beginning of the light cycle is the plant gets the chance to absorb the water and does not run the risk of developing moulds and fungi which can result from watering in the evening or when the lights go off- simply because the water and soil takes longer to absorb and dry due to lower temps and mid-high humidity... it also adds to minimizing possible stress if the plant does for some reason suffer lack of watering

keeping it green :Namaste:

Like the title suggests, alot of peeps say too feed the plants when your cycle goes off(lights out) and the plants are in the dark to feed them?? does it really matter or feed them when lights are on? Or as long as you feed them when they just need water or we need to follow a certain pattern??

Is it a myth?
Thats all Folks

Smoke Free, Live Free
A Doobie a Day, Keeps The Doc Away!!

... rain has no schedule... it does not matter. If you are talking foliar feeding, I would do that just before lights out (so the plants are dry before night cycle)

have you read through this? How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

an advantage of watering in the early morning or beginning of the light cycle is the plant gets the chance to absorb the water and does not run the risk of developing moulds and fungi which can result from watering in the evening or when the lights go off- simply because the water and soil takes longer to absorb and dry due to lower temps and mid-high humidity... it also adds to minimizing possible stress if the plant does for some reason suffer lack of watering

keeping it green :Namaste:

Does it matter if I do/don't spray the leaves regularly. If I spray them will my fluorescent and led system burn the leaves???

Does it matter if I do/don't spray the leaves regularly. If I spray them will my fluorescent and led system burn the leaves???

sure thing.. just bear in mind that if you are going to use foliar spray use a diluted mix and spray the plants at the end of the 'lights on' cycle, this is fine during the vegetative stage too. same with fluoros or led's... no point in risking any possible light burn- even though they are no where near as intense as an hps/mh

i dont know what your watering/feeding schedule is like but dont substitute watering soil for foliar spray either.. foliar spraying can be quite beneficial as its fast acting but watering normally aids in root development too... a nice balance of the two would be good, watering in can be done any old time but foliar spraying at end of 'lights on' cycle or when lights are off(using a greenlight to be able to see)

all the best!!

Back
Top Bottom