Concerned, rather worried about this plant

Sorry but I'm beginning to lose track of this - can you recap
What nutes are you giving and what are their respective NPK values?
Dr Earth Veg and Bloom Booster..... Canuk swears by this stuff and says its all he uses. I dont know the NPK value but Canuk is a grower for dispensaries. OR I've been lied to again. This is information I got from my roommate. I never looked Canuk up because the simplistic approach with organic fertilizer seemed the best way to go anyway.

But then at the last watering I used a filter because the town upped the chlorine levels and it worried me. So I wanted it filtered out. I purchased worm casting tea(because we never put the worm castings in the soil) and put LESS than the amount specified in the water before the last watering. But I also added Cal Mag with Iron from TPS solutions. But, I also under did that as well. I mean by a lot. I figured it the water and soil lacked Iron maybe it would open up the roots to receive the fertilizer better. But now that I dont know what my roommate has done with the fertilizer... I feel like my flush I did the other day was a waste if he fertilized it again without telling me.

When I said maybe I shoudl fert it again he said, " dont do that because you may burn them"

I thought, " why would he say that when he knows some people on this forum said it looked under fertilized?"

Because he probably did it behind my back.

let's see your other plants. there's always a problem plant in the grow. don't stress over it lol.

you're mostly just underfed and it's gonna be crowded in the bucket for the size of the plant.

i'm trying to pin down what you are doing for nutes. that dr earth line has both bottle and dry nutes, and has entire lines devoted to things other than cannabis. take a pic of everything you are feeding the plant at this time so we can get an idea of what you are using.

Give us a picture or two of what you mean by burnt flowers. We must have different definitions because I don't see what you do.

just above your post he has a few pics of the pistils. some kinda look like they are dying back before they mature out.

20231103_193818-jpg.3466971

what's your take on this @Azimuth ?

@Aweedtec - i'm curious, what is your current temp and rh% in the room, and what do you have for ventilation going on ? do you have an extractor and circulation fans ?

what's your take on this @Azimuth ?
ClusterFuck, to be honest. Too many out of tolerance variables and then potential sabotage from his roommate. That the others are looking great is actually a surprise given the parameters applied to this plant which he said was the same for the others.

But, let's see the actual inputs that are knowable, correct the pH, correct the watering approach, etc. and maybe there's a chance. Lol.

ClusterFuck, to be honest. Too many out of tolerance variables and then potential sabotage from his roommate. That the others are looking great is actually a surprise given the parameters applied to this plant which he said was the same for the others.

But, let's see the actual inputs that are knowable, correct the pH, correct the watering approach, etc. and maybe there's a chance. Lol.

i'm totally with you on that.

try as i might i can't find any info on that nute line when it comes to cannabis. makes it near impossible to advise on nute issues, which is what this is. my closest guess is the plants are growing on something like tomato or flower nutes.

And do we know what the substrate mix is?

that's a good question. i think it's in a dr earth mix, there are dozens of them. can you post a pic of your media @Aweedtec ?

the other thing i noticed is the problem plant is in hard sides. all the decent plants are in cloth. the decent ones looked fantastic in the earlier pics.

also reading back i notice @Ash4twenty has experience with the nute line. could you post up a pic of what you are using and give us an idea of your feeding schedule ash ? it'd probably help if the op has a template to follow.

Give us a picture or two of what you mean by burnt flowers. We must have different definitions because I don't see what you do.
The one on the left is the worst one. But these are some of the flower sites on the stunted side.

Its not as bad on the other side. Some even look good on the other side. But some on the decent side are starting to brown. Its just 23 days since the lights have been flipped.

20231104_110831.jpg

20231104_110843.jpg

20231104_110930.jpg

20231104_110953.jpg

most of that is just pistils maturing out. i'd really have to see true colour pics or the plant in person to tell if there's anything else with them.

i'd say they are probably fine.

that's a good question. i think it's in a dr earth mix, there are dozens of them. can you post a pic of your media @Aweedtec ?

the other thing i noticed is the problem plant is in hard sides. all the decent plants are in cloth. the decent ones looked fantastic in the earlier pics.

also reading back i notice @Ash4twenty has experience with the nute line. could you post up a pic of what you are using and give us an idea of your feeding schedule ash ? it'd probably help if the op has a template to follow.
Using Pro Mix from Home Depot. Red bag. And using these Dr Earth veg and bloom booster.

When I first mixed the Veg fertilizer with the pro mix I did it very thoroughly. 1/4 cup of fert with 5 gallons of loose Pro Mix. Miracle grow soil was in one of the plants in the basement. But this plant got all pro mix.

The plants are all on the same feed schedule. Every 2 weeks 1/4 cup of fertilizer. When I flipped the lights within a day or so I gave it its first bloom booster. ALL 4 plants got the same. Then 2 weeks later they were all given another 1/4 cup of fertilizer and I evenly coated the top of the soil and then massaged it into the soil and then slowly watered it around the edges for the first 30 ounces( i use a 30 ounce cup and a 5 gallon glass bottle to water the plants.)
Then I just start pouring the water until I am about 6 to 8 30 ounce cups then wait to see run off. Then if I see run off I wait to see how much I can pull out of the run off tray and if its not enough I pour a bit more to try to get between 3 and 10 percent of run off. I'm not perfect with that but it has been fine with 3 plants in the basement. The RH and temps are exactly the same in my basement and my closet upstairs.

Right now these plants have gotten bloom booster 2 times and in another 4 or 5 days they are due for another feeding. 1/4 cup of course.

3 days ago... I got a water filter because I noticed my water had more chlorine in it. I knew by the smell. ALSO the PH changed on my meter. But because the PH changed on my meter I bought the filter, some worm casting tea.....because we did not use Worm Castings OR Coco coir in the media because I was in a hurry to start large job.... and also purchased TPS Cal Mag with iron and other micro nutrients.

3 days ago I flushed the plant that has an issue and then fed it with JUST the worm castings tea and CAL MAG with Iron. I UNDER did those amendments. I treated over 5 gallons of water as if it were 4 gallons and I used the 5ml for one of them and 2ml for the other. I cant remember which was which because the bottles are not in front of me but I read them first before adding it to the water and I did realize the difference between mixing it with your media and watering afterward. I caught all the possible screw ups because I am pretty thorough with not wanting to mess up and not read everything when it comes to this sort of thing. I am 100 percent certain I mixed it right and again, the plants in the basement are doing exceptionally well and they got the same treatment.

This is why I believe my roommate is doing something. I do not think he is trying to sabotage me. I just think he believes I overwater the plant when I water to get run off. He does not understand that overwatering is something you do DAILY. Not something you do if you water the plants and let days pass until the soil is dried out.

But since the plants have been in flower mode I have not let them dry out completely. Though close. The troubled plant drinks 2.5 gallons of water every 2 days and gets watered on the 3rd day. It goes from about 40 pounds to 10 in that time period. Which means to me that the plant is using it.
The other plants in the basement drink about 1.5 gallons to 2 gallons every 4 or 5 days. They dont consume as much water. EVEN the one downstairs which is in a white bucket... It does not drink as much water as this plant and it holds water moisture much longer.

This plant is unusually wide. The other plants stems do not go out past their buckets. This plants stems go way past the bucket rim. Like by a foot and some on each side. The other plants are taller(except one which was stunted 4 times). But they are no where even close to as wide as this plant is.

20231104_115205.jpg

most of that is just pistils maturing out. i'd really have to see true colour pics or the plant in person to tell if there's anything else with them.

i'd say they are probably fine.
I wish I could get you real color pics but this stupid phone and the light causes the phone to wack the color out.

There is ONE true color photo I have. But its of a flower site that isn't browning. Maybe it has one brown pistil on it.

If its only 23 days in 12/12 light, can it really be mature already? Considering the main two stalks have no brown anywhere on the top and are much much larger colas?

This plant strangely the flowers are turning brown in the most yellowed leaf areas. The areas where its not so bad yet they are still ALL white pistils.

I am showing these photos of the plant from the GOOD side. Ok its not perfect... but you can see that the main colas are really doing ok. And are all white on top. All of the photos of the colas that have turned brown all turned brown in ONE day and they are all in the trouble area of the plant. When I say all in the trouble area I mean the most troubled area. Which is half the plant. If you took a string and put it down the middle of this plant you would think it was two different plants. Making me think the root lock is occurring on one side only.

Also, these are most true to real color photos. As long as I stay away from that light it seems my camera will take true color photos. The bottom one is dead on the true color.

20231104_121708.jpg

20231104_121638.jpg

Does he think this is his plant or that he's getting part of the harvest? That may explain why he's interfering, trying to make sure it works out based on his knowledge.
Possibly. But he knows he may get something. But I didnt spend all this money to give shit away like its Christmas gifts. I did it so I dont have to spend as much money in a dispensary because I cant stand spending all that money on something I dont know how it was grown anyway. I have a sensitivity to some bud and I think its because of things people use in it to grow it and pesticides and other shit. They want money. They dont care if they make you nauseous. They are making money.
But it only happens with SOME dispensary stuff. Not all. So I figured I would cut out that issue and may as well grow.

Possibly. But he knows he may get something. But I didnt spend all this money to give shit away like its Christmas gifts. I did it so I dont have to spend as much money in a dispensary because I cant stand spending all that money on something I dont know how it was grown anyway. I have a sensitivity to some bud and I think its because of things people use in it to grow it and pesticides and other shit. They want money. They dont care if they make you nauseous. They are making money.
But it only happens with SOME dispensary stuff. Not all. So I figured I would cut out that issue and may as well grow.
I know what you mean - a lot of the stuff over here smells great in the bag but tastes shit and freaks me out
Think they chem the fuck out of it then spray it with terpenes
I'm constantly narrowing down a daytime smoke, an appetite stimulator and a sleep aid
So Jack Herer, Blue Dream then Northern Lights in that order is doing the business at the moment

@Aweedtec - i'm curious, what is your current temp and rh% in the room, and what do you have for ventilation going on ? do you have an extractor and circulation fans ?
RH was 55 for most of the grow but now its about 43. Temp is 73 in the room right now but gets down to 64 at night. The coldest its been is 62 for one night and I bought a space heater 4 days ago. Probably why the RH dropped a bit.

I dont have an extractor but I do have an oscillating fan on it. Its close to the plant because its not a big closet. This is a sore spot for me because I was turning the plant 1/4 every day and when I got home the lights were out already. So I waited till morning and noticed after what was probably two weeks that the plant was always oriented the same way every time I took a photo of it. Which when I figured it out... My roommate was going in the closet and spinning it to where you could see most of the flower sites at one time. Which meant the fan was ALWAYS on one spot of the plant. THE BAD SIDE. Which was not bad two weeks ago when he stopped coming to work with me and started staying home. That is when this started to fall apart and I started noticing multiple tells in multiple leaves. Like different deficiencies in different leaves in different areas of the plant. But for the most part what I first noticed was lightened leaves but after I fed it the leaves directly under the flowers turned a nice dark green. And the leaves from the branches at the very bottom were also very nicely dark green all over. Only the canopy leaves were going yellow uniformly. Which is why it was so confusing about what to do. Its like, " Ok Over here I see this deficiency and over there its that deficiency and all over its yellowing. But not right under the flower."

Trying to get someone to understand what I was seeing online was extremely difficult because the pictures do not do this plant justice. My friend drove 45 minutes to see this plant when it was smaller and when she got here she said, "HOLY SHIT THATS BIG. The photos just do not do this plant any justice at all." And she grew 15 plants outside.

I know what you mean - a lot of the stuff over here smells great in the bag but tastes shit and freaks me out
Think they chem the fuck out of it then spray it with terpenes
I'm constantly narrowing down a daytime smoke, an appetite stimulator and a sleep aid
So Jack Herer, Blue Dream then Northern Lights in that order is doing the business at the moment
I've noticed just changing buds up is the only way you can stop yourself from feeling like you dont even get a high anymore. I've considered that maybe the different terpenes allow for that. But if I smoke the same thing over and over eventually I get used to it and the effect dissipates. Changing up to something else always does the trick it seems. Could be all in my head. lol

my closest guess is the plants are growing on something like tomato or flower nutes.
Dr Earth does have a schedule for this for cannabis. But it is hard to find. I've seen it once. But I cant find it again.

They just based it off the size of the container. 1/4 cup every 2 weeks per 5 gallons.

I cant remember his name, but the guy who said he uses Dr Earth always on this forum stated that some plants need more Dr Earth and it will tell you. But, when you have 5 different leaves showing different deficiency issues... how do you read that? Just say its all deficient? Which keeps bringing me back to the question of... How on earth does it burn from lack of nutes or just being short? I could see it dying, but would not the plant uniformly die if that were the case? or at least more uniformly than stunting during stretch only where a fan hits it but shows no signs of wind damage? At least not any photo I have ever looked up on what wind damage looks like.

Using Pro Mix from Home Depot. Red bag. And using these Dr Earth veg and bloom booster.

right. i forgot.

you're not actually using a cannabis media or nutes. it can work but it's not really something most folk here would use. as far as the nute line all we can really do is tell you to try sticking to their schedule.

the plant is just large and hungry. it would eat some leaves no matter what you did. it's simply balancing the nutes for that plant, it's not far off. would be a little easier if you were using straight up cannabis nutes. gets hard to advise otherwise.

personally i'd just feed it a little more overall, but my nute choice is totally different.

your rh and temps don't seem that bad to me. i'd watch for mold as it matures.

let's see if @Ash4twenty chimes in.

Dr Earth does have a schedule for this for cannabis. But it is hard to find. I've seen it once. But I cant find it again.

They just based it off the size of the container. 1/4 cup every 2 weeks per 5 gallons.

i think they want to be viewed as something a little more versatile. they don't concentrate their products on the cannabis market, but it can be used. sort of a budget alternative. it's always easier when using nutes and media focused for our plant.

i think they want to be viewed as something a little more versatile. they don't concentrate their products on the cannabis market, but it can be used. sort of a budget alternative. it's always easier when using nutes and media focused for our plant.
This is another thing my roommate told me. If you know who Canuk is. You Tuber who my roommate said grows for dispensaries. He says he only uses 5 things. Pro mix coco coir worm castings Dr earth veg and bloom boost and that's it.

BUT, Who the hell knows if that is true. I never saw a single Canuk video. My roommate wrote all this down in a note book. And was wrong about the feeding schedule. So I dont know if I'm even being told the facts about the guy.

Do you use Organics? What do you use for Nutes? I can give this stuff up fast. I couldn't care less. As long as its not harsh chemicals.

Your lock outs are likely due to your very high pH. The absorption of the various elements happens at various pH levels but optimally at much lower ones.
One thing about that. The meter from Vivosun showed that. But when I used some strips for testing water it showed the PH to be between 6 and 6.4. so that meter was never calibrated. It could have been off. I dont think the strips are off. I looked really close even 15 minutes later and the strip never got close to the 6.8 color.

I dont know how else to test it and tried two different methods.

But it is hard to find. I've seen it once. But I cant find it again.

@Aweedtec - just found it. google dr earth cannabis and it will take you to a page where you can download the feed schedules and what they recommend to grow cannabis. they have schedules for both bottle and dry nutes. it looks like you are missing a couple things.

we're not allowed to link to it on the site. it's there but hidden, their own search function won't take you there.

dr. earth . com / cannabis - resources

This is another thing my roommate told me. If you know who Canuk is. You Tuber who my roommate said grows for dispensaries. He says he only uses 5 things. Pro mix coco coir worm castings Dr earth veg and bloom boost and that's it.

don't bother with youtuber crap. it rarely works. all of their advice only pertains to their particular conditions. new folk can rarely duplicate it.

get the dr earth feed schedule download and start following it. you've been plain lucky til now.

Do you use Organics? What do you use for Nutes? I can give this stuff up fast. I couldn't care less. As long as its not harsh chemicals.

i've been running mega crop for a while with a couple small amendments. i grow hempy style in straight perlite but have grown in all sorts of media previous and used all kinds of nutes.

Back
Top Bottom