Concerned, rather worried about this plant

I do not see much to complain about.:).

We see photos from a lot of growers who do not get anywhere near the quality of plant you have there.

The colors you see on your screen are accurate now. All of the other photos I have posted were with an S21 ultra.
These were taken with the S23 Ultra. I think there was something wrong with my other phone. Especially the camera. It probably took one too many falls.
One too many falls and if something went wrong then probably a 99% chance the camera just stops working.

Most likely it is just that the software was obsolete or that it needed to be updated. Not like the old days of film cameras when being dropped might mean the winding mechanism broke, film could not advance for the next shot, but otherwise the camera was OK. Or where the camera still worked but a light leak ruined the film.

With these new-fangled digital cameras it is more of a situation where it works as manufactured or it just plain stops working period, end of the show and all that.

Almost there. A few more days if it was mine. But your window is just opening now so it's up to you. Think a bit of swelling to come still.
They look really good though.
I'm holding off until I feel like I must harvest. I dont care for couchlock from the start because that happens to me on second smoke anyway. I mean, the first time I smoke during the evening I will be awake. The second time I smoke a few hours later I will be couch locked no matter what I smoke next. lol

Over watering is probably the problem. You may have botrytis going on

how are you measuring this? Because that’s a lot of water very frequently.
5 gallon glass water jug. When its half empty that is 2 and a half gallons. A little more actually if you fill it all the way.
It is the only plant of 4 that required that much water. If I gave that to the others they would be 4 or 5 days before needing more water. 6 if I wanted the bottom to dry up a bit.

2 are in felt 5 gallon pots and 2 are in plastic drywall buckets which I believe are more like 6 or over 6 gallons because the bucket is 5 gallons of drywall mud BUT it comes filled about 4 inches from the top to mix with an electric mixer. So its approx. 6 gallons to use a 5 gallon bucket.

One thing is certain... my plants, even though it was my first grow, were never over or under watered. When I type that I mean not to any extent that ever showed in leaves.

Would y'all say no matter what cannabis you are drying, it will go through a period of smelling like hay?
OR is that just wrong?

If that is wrong then how do you avoid that? I see people online saying to hang it for 3 to 8 days to make sure it doesn't end up smelling like hay. So I'm just wondering if that's right before I start taking these plants apart. Honestly i dont know when its time but playing it by ear. I assume it cant be too long and I will be convinced.

Today I took the last photos of the plant this thread was made about and started cutting leaves off of it.

While cutting leaves off I noticed what appeared to be bud growing UNDER branches on the main stalk. Not on top of the branches.. as is usual. In the bud was 4 seeds. Two are immature, one is strangely shaped but marbled and large. But the 4th one is marbled and perfect.
So, It appears I may be growing this same strain again. Which I have no clue what it is. lol

Tomorrow I will throw up the last photos.

i got the same buckets, and same size plants same week flower, and same leaf problem,
i noticed my soil is DRY as even after 10l water lol there drinking till they cause ph flux i think ?
ive just done aloe coconut fish drink, and will feed biobizz 2moro, they was inveg 2 week longer than i wanted them in

what conclusion did ya come down to ? the soil ran outa nutes ? or dry spells ? what conclusion i am day 29 like ur pic page 1 hoping to keep it corrected or fix it sooner

Been super busy so I haven't been able to post the plant's last pictures..... But all have been harvested and it filled a 24 inch in diameter 6 tier drying rack.

Edit:... For some reason, my bedroom is running sixty degrees and relative humidity of forty five percent.

I could put the heater on in there.... But I don't mind sixty degrees and it seems to be a net benefit for drying cannabis..... So I'll live with it for a while.

The photo Of the thermpro is showing forty nine percent because I closed the door for twenty minutes. But if I leave the door open. It stays between 41 and 45%. R h and my room right now smells incredible. A friend of mine who grew fourteen plants told me that her cannabis smelled like hey for 6 weeks.

So far I've gotten no hay smell.

20231211_120316.jpg

Screenshot_20231212_144452_Gallery.jpg

i got the same buckets, and same size plants same week flower, and same leaf problem,
i noticed my soil is DRY as even after 10l water lol there drinking till they cause ph flux i think ?
ive just done aloe coconut fish drink, and will feed biobizz 2moro, they was inveg 2 week longer than i wanted them in

what conclusion did ya come down to ? the soil ran outa nutes ? or dry spells ? what conclusion i am day 29 like ur pic page 1 hoping to keep it corrected or fix it sooner
I actually didn't come to any conclusion Other than to just let it go. Continue feeding it on schedule and watering it under the same schedule I was watering.

I assumed that because I didn't defoliate it at all like I did the other
three plants it was just defoliating itself. Turn out that whether that was true or not didn't matter at all. It's finished nicely.

Screenshot_20231212_143835_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231212_143843_Gallery.jpg

That's a pretty low humidity level. Mine's about 10 points higher and my dry is measured in days, like 3-4 before I have to jar them. Last round I figured it'd be a week and when I checked on them in 5 or 6 days they were way too dry to cure properly.

So keep a watchful eye.

That's a pretty low humidity level. Mine's about 10 points higher and my dry is measured in days, like 3-4 before I have to jar them. Last round I figured it'd be a week and when I checked on them in 5 or 6 days they were way too dry to cure properly.

So keep a watchful eye.
Same here I start at 80 for 3days then edge down to 65 once stable they go in boxes brown n closed to sweat up equilibrium, open it 2days close it again and forget for a week then jar if I jar too soon they end up straw tasting lol

We see photos from a lot of growers who do not get anywhere near the quality of plant you have there

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people post pics that are the plant version of this guy:

IMG_7035.jpeg

And the comments are filled with people saying “Looks great!” 🤣

So keep a watchful eye.
Thanks for the heads up. I put two cut up plants in the closet on Saturday and two on Sunday. So far one of the tiers was ready for the jar.
But none of it has had a hay smell as of yet. It all smells exactly the same as it did on the plant at this point.
I am hoping to avoid the hay smell entirely.

What I dont understand I suppose through lack of research on the topic is why cannabis needs this curing time IF you dry them in 61 degrees with an RH of 40? They dry quickly. Really quick like you said. I am certain its not fully dry. But some is and some are too large to be completely dry at this point.

I have 3 of the plant still in the closet and one half a plant in a 64oz ball jar and the other half in a bag that claims humidity between 58 and 62 percent. Who knows how true that is. lol

what's the rh in the drying room and how long have they been hanging ?

if you dry them too fast at too low of an rh%, you'll halt the cure and trap everything bad the cure is used to mellow out.

they need to hit the jars at an rh% of 62 or higher. if it gets much below you may have screwed the harvest.

what's the rh in the drying room and how long have they been hanging ?

if you dry them too fast at too low of an rh%, you'll halt the cure and trap everything bad the cure is used to mellow out.

they need to hit the jars at an rh% of 62 or higher. if it gets much below you may have screwed the harvest.
How does that screw it up? They will go up when placed in the jars because they are not completely dry.

But I cant see how anything bad is locked in. Everything seems fine.
If I take the ThermPro and put it in the rack with the buds it goes up to 55 instantly. Its just 40 in the room.

How does that screw it up? They will go up when placed in the jars because they are not completely dry.

But I cant see how anything bad is locked in. Everything seems fine.
If I take the ThermPro and put it in the rack with the buds it goes up to 55 instantly. Its just 40 in the room.

the hang is only to get the majority of the water out of the plant. it's not part of the cure. it's just a dry.

to properly check the weed, put some buds in a jar, seal it up and measure the rh% in the jar after a couple hours. if it's super high you can take the bud out for further drying. if it's getting close to 62%, you should jar the rest fast before they get too low.

they have to hit the jars above 62%. the jars get burped down to a stable point at 62%. once they hit that point, you seal the jars for a minimum of one month without opening.

the cure is done after the final month.

drying too fast traps the chlorophyll and will make your weed super harsh and taste like shit when you smoke it. the cure is at least as important as the grow.

if they hit the jars at 50% or under, they'll be kinda fucked.

edit : the hang time and cure is a bit of art. most folk take a couple three grows to get it right when they first start.

This is the plant I called retard every day just because a friend told me If I talk bad to them they wont produce.
Which was the smallest plant and had the burnt up leaves that had a manganese deficiency while growing but didnt go past the fan leaves near the flowers. So maybe she was right. lol
That I have not tested yet but will.

I just tested the Blueberry Pancakes by putting a bunch of it in a jar with the Thermpro and it went up to 62 inside of 5 minutes while in the jar.

Question for you..... if the bags I have claim they will keep the bud between 58 and 62..... would you go with the bags or the jars?

20231213_103500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom