Concrete's Mixed Grow: Soil 2018

Day 31 since 12/12 flip

LA S.A.G.E. CBD

Chocolope (left and upper right), Amnesia Haze (lower right)

Blue Dream

Critical Mass

Skipping to the end. I have a few of the same lamp you have with reflectors.

I like the reflectors so I can be in the flower room without sunglasses. lol

You started out with a BIG selection.

You're killing it. :surf: for first grow.

Green thumbs - whats that soil you're using??

Where did you get it?

Skipping to the end. I have a few of the same lamp you have with reflectors.

I like the reflectors so I can be in the flower room without sunglasses. lol

You started out with a BIG selection.

You're killing it. :surf: for first grow.

Green thumbs - whats that soil you're using??

Where did you get it?
Thanks! Dan from Timber is recommending that everyone remove the reflectors from Vero 29 Gen 7 lights.

I am using E.B. Stone Ultimate Recipe organic soil. It's sold at Armstrong Garden center.

Attachments

• 0405191008a.jpg
    0405191008a.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 69
  • 0405190259f.jpg
    0405190259f.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 61
When are you looking to harvest concrete? I’m having a hard time not picking up the scissors.
I don't know. Do they look ready? I flipped on Feb 20, so 44 days ago.

Yesterday, ALL of my plants sprouted new bright green pistils! You can see in the 2 pics I just posted. LA S.A.G.E. CBD is a hot mess of clear, cloudy, and amber trichomes with green, white, and amber pistils.

Thanks! Dan from Timber is recommending that everyone remove the reflectors from Vero 29 Gen 7 lights.

I am using E.B. Stone Ultimate Recipe organic soil. It's sold at Armstrong Garden center.

I herd about that. I'm still using them. I had 1 reflector in my VEG room that I kept hitting my head on that sorta melted a little bit. Maybe thats the reason - heat.

All my other Timber lamps are fine. I've got a bunch.

I took a look at your soil mix. It's real close to the mix I make but I couldn't tell what the amounts are for the amendments but VERY close to my mix. I've been running it no-till for about 20 flower and VEG runs (at least) still going strong.

I do amend between runs.

Flowers look beauty.

No Fans???

I herd about that. I'm still using them. I had 1 reflector in my VEG room that I kept hitting my head on that sorta melted a little bit. Maybe thats the reason - heat.

All my other Timber lamps are fine. I've got a bunch.

I took a look at your soil mix. It's real close to the mix I make but I couldn't tell what the amounts are for the amendments but VERY close to my mix. I've been running it no-till for about 20 flower and VEG runs (at least) still going strong.

I do amend between runs.

Flowers look beauty.

No Fans???
How do Timber compare to your other lights?

This grow is going well, and I think its the soil and light. Maybe I'll compost this soil and use it again next winter. Just worried about pests, which I have none.

I have a box fan above the light.

Attachments

• 0405190329o_HDR.jpg
    0405190329o_HDR.jpg
    965.9 KB · Views: 61
I have a box fan above the light.

I see it now, nice. I've never seen one installed like that!

For using soil over. You don't need to compost it. The soil is always in a never ending circle of compost. You can move the containers outside and plant clover in them and just let it go like that until you're ready to plant again. Dig a hole plant a plant. Done.

Can leave the clover grow until the cannabis plant gets large then the clover naturally dies back. Thats how we do no-till.

What we worry about in no-till is running out of Ca (calcium), cannabis likes a lot of Ca. That mix you're using has short medium and long term Ca in the mix. So top dress with a little kelp meal and EWC - next round good for water all you need.

Look into Malted Barley ground to fine powder. You can scratch in an oz (enough to fill a small coffee grinder) in and water. That will help your soil microbes. The plants will finish faster and have more resin.

Bugs check out IPM routine.

I use:

1 tbs spinosad (monterey garden spray)
1 tbs Pro-tekt (silica)
1 tbs Ful-power (fulvic acid)
1/4 cup coconut water with aloe (trader Joes version - no sugar/preservatives) optional
1/4 cup kelp tea - growth hormones here - optional.
gallon filtered water

spray weekly

Thats my IPM regimen. When I don't slack I dont get pests and by pests I'm talking mites.

Love your garden man. Great looking canopy I wish I had the ball to put a tent that big in my room lol.
I wish I had the balls to get multiple tents!
I see it now, nice. I've never seen one installed like that!

For using soil over. You don't need to compost it. The soil is always in a never ending circle of compost. You can move the containers outside and plant clover in them and just let it go like that until you're ready to plant again. Dig a hole plant a plant. Done.

Can leave the clover grow until the cannabis plant gets large then the clover naturally dies back. Thats how we do no-till.

What we worry about in no-till is running out of Ca (calcium), cannabis likes a lot of Ca. That mix you're using has short medium and long term Ca in the mix. So top dress with a little kelp meal and EWC - next round good for water all you need.

Look into Malted Barley ground to fine powder. You can scratch in an oz (enough to fill a small coffee grinder) in and water. That will help your soil microbes. The plants will finish faster and have more resin.

Bugs check out IPM routine.

I use:

1 tbs spinosad (monterey garden spray)
1 tbs Pro-tekt (silica)
1 tbs Ful-power (fulvic acid)
1/4 cup coconut water with aloe (trader Joes version - no sugar/preservatives) optional
1/4 cup kelp tea - growth hormones here - optional.
gallon filtered water

spray weekly

Thats my IPM regimen. When I don't slack I dont get pests and by pests I'm talking mites.
Thanks for the tip! Your plants look great, so it must be working.

I'm traveling June 12- Jul 11, so I won't have time to take care of clovers once this grow is done. In fact, I don't want to think about growing until maybe next winter. This has been very rewarding, but so time consuming! I had no idea growing would take so much time. That has been my biggest lesson learned.

How do Timber compare to your other lights?

Timber are great. Upped my game quite a bit when I switched over to them.
I've got some QBs in my lineup as well - I had to turn down the 1 QB I have in flower it was burning the caps off my trichomes at the top of the colas @ 24"

My Timbers have the Vero29 3K + 1750K

This is Tangerine Zkittlez @ 40 days

DT @ 45 days of 90+ flower days

Beauty of cover crop is you can just put the containers outside. No need to do anything. Just an option for ya. Composting is OK - need to have a lid so all the soluble nutrients dont leach out with the rain. You can think of your container as a mini compost bin that you can grow plants in.

With my grow I can leave for extended time without the need to be here. Done that every summer for the last 6 years. I have automated watering.

We just went to Lake Placid for 4 days last week.

I've tried to figure out the best path to the least amount of work.

Timber are great. Upped my game quite a bit when I switched over to them.
I've got some QBs in my lineup as well - I had to turn down the 1 QB I have in flower it was burning the caps off my trichomes at the top of the colas @ 24"

My Timbers have the Vero29 3K + 1750K

This is Tangerine Zkittlez @ 40 days

DT @ 45 days of 90+ flower days

Beauty of cover crop is you can just put the containers outside. No need to do anything. Just an option for ya. Composting is OK - need to have a lid so all the soluble nutrients dont leach out with the rain. You can think of your container as a mini compost bin that you can grow plants in.

With my grow I can leave for extended time without the need to be here. Done that every summer for the last 6 years. I have automated watering.

We just went to Lake Placid for 4 days last week.

I've tried to figure out the best path to the least amount of work.
Those look great. 90+ flowering days? Wow. What did they look like at harvest?

I need some input right now. My leaves are starting to turn yellow @ day 46 after 12/12 flip. I just gave them plain water with a little molasses. Should I add nutes and flower longer or flush now and harvest in 2 weeks? In my arsenal, I have Cal Mag and Fox Farms Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big.

My plants are arranged with 4 pots in the corners and 1 in the middle. Critical Mass is the one in the middle with the spread-out colas and all the curled brown leaves. The others have slight to moderate yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom