Cooking with Curso

Okay here we go...the lab results are in. It has 4.7mg to 7.4g...they're really, really nice...
ganache.jpg

Fricking awesome Curso!
looks amazing and test results prove the medicinal beneies

so I see that there are no THC-A. Decarbing the bud eliminates this if im correct. so if it wasn't fully decarbed you would have got THC-A in the results??? is that correct....which also corresponds with the 99.99% absorption.?!?!?

very cool and interesting C!!! great job brotha:goodjob::thanks:

Yes SGA, THC-A loses a carbon molecule during decarboxylation and the result is Delta 9-THC. I don't think anything was absorbed though. ;) Any of the THC-A that wasn't decarb'd would show in the test results as a lowered decarb % (99.99% is what you want to see in edibles) and an elevated presence of THC-A.

Yes SGA, THC-A loses a carbon molecule during decarboxylation and the result is Delta 9-THC. I don't think anything was absorbed though. ;) Any of the THC-A that wasn't decarb'd would show in the test results as a lowered decarb % (99.99% is what you want to see in edibles) and an elevated presence of THC-A.

right on...lol I said absorption and meant activation ;) thanks for the response Gov :volcano-smiley:

Okay finally...I have a minute to post this :high-five:...

This is the "big cup"...

I started with 16g of ganche which makes it about 11-12mg of activated cannabiods. I also made a peanut butter dough. Simple google search will provide you with that. I didn't write it down I just know how to make it. I chilled the peanut butter dough and sliced I 1" slice and divided it in half and made them round and flat. Doing the same with the ganche. Then I sandwiched the ganche by the peanut butter dough and layered in some chocolate, peanut butter put the peanut butter dough/ganche in the middle then topped it with chocolate. It was then coated with butterfinger and oreo and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.

The end result a long kiss good night...
IMG_77962.JPG
IMG_77972.JPG
IMG_77992.JPG
IMG_78002.JPG
IMG_78012.JPG
IMG_78021.JPG
IMG_7803.JPG
IMG_78053.JPG

When I do the cherry bomb cheese cakes tonight, I'll take pics...
:peacetwo:

True High Cuisine :bravo: such beautiful creations and gourmet execution.

How nice of you for sharing your recipes. I grew among pastries as my parents own a pastry shop, and this is the first time in a while I feel inspired to try and get creative on the edibles. I will follow this closely and I look forward to more of your delicacies.

Indeed Engorage. The sweets are a great (maybe the best) way to medicate, but I'm sitting by patiently waiting for some savory dishes as THAT is where my interests lie...just because I like to eat. I can see great possibilities in the infused sauces.

:cool:

I got some fun cookbooks in the mail to review. They have some really nice stuff in it. I'll get on doing them as soon as I am able to make more extracts according to their recipe. There are a couple that have me pretty excited to do.

The first book I am doing is vegan, some really nice stuff in it. I am looking forward to cooking some of the stuff in it. Its called "wake and bake a cookbook" it's written how I would write a cookbook. The author is pretty cool. I've been on her blog and read her story and I could relate to it well. So I am excited to see what she has in store for us, if the food is as cool as the book, we're in for a treat :high-five:

Here's a link to her site if anyone wants to check it out. Wake and Bake: A Blog for Edibles Recipes

:peacetwo:

I swear Curso.... every time I come to this thread I have to change my shirt because drool just freaking soaks it!!!! hahaa :) That peanut butter cup looks absolutely delicious!!!!

Hey Curso...Awesome Thread. I'm just starting out with a Magical Butter machine and would like to review your advise on herb to butter/oil and tincture formulas. What threads have them? Fun stuff.
Thanks, Jon

I am a truffle shorter...Ziggy...LMAO

Jon...I basically stick to 2oz to 1.5 lbs, these ones I have that are 60mg are to much for people here. That was 2oz : 1c...The tinc's I am still working on. I hate the flavor of the VG tinc and its almost hard to mask so I am still playing with it.

Ziggy has made some tinc's. He's welcome to share them here.

So is anyone else. You guys make something badass....lets see it. Nothing (aside from bud pic's) is better than some fun food pics...

Curso, Thank you!
Here are some I made: i stopped using trim for my medibles. Only bud now.
image17828.jpg

Canilla
...vanilla extract (homemade- vanilla beans placed in jar with vodka or Everclear 1 month +), 1 oz bud (dried and either cured or decarboxylated ) in 16oz vanilla, steep another month +. :) use whereever whenever vanilla is used and then some.

Glycerine
I used glycerine from bulkapothacary. Very reasonable.
I followed Magical Butter 2 machine instructions. .. 2 cups of glycerine / 1oz + bud
I use the glycerine tincture without straining. i also dont always strain the butter or oil. Depends what im using it for.
Im still learning. :)
You can sweeten things with this. Coffee, tea, juice, Its great under the tongue.. :)

Alcohol tincture
I used Maui Wowie and Big Bud weed. That was from my 1st grows' bud last year...nutes and no idea what I was doing. i made immediately after trying my HB grown weed. I wouldnt smoke it again.
That was made with Everclear. 95% Ethyl Alcohol (190 proof)
You can use 151 rum if you cant locate Everclear. The stronger the alcohol, the quicker and probably more thorough of an extraction.
I use this to add to drinks, beverages, baking etc. you can place under tongue but it burns because of the high proof.

Back
Top Bottom