Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Update

Re: Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Up

I do use Xiaomi Mi Flora Monitor Sensors, and i dont know about the viparspectra. I dont ordered one so far, there are other items at my Shopping list. Like Hydroponic Equipment and stuff

Re: Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Up

Well after the fiasco of yellowing leaves and droopy plants I fed them quarter strength neuts and gave them a good watering they seem to be getting back to there old selves the healthy 1 of the 2 is bushing up a bit more got my mars hydro panel due by middle next week so I can run that 24 hours a day while I run the hps 16hours that goes off allows temps to relax and the hydro panel will keep light on keeping these babies vegging for another couple weeks before the flip

Im looking Forward to some LED Panels too. It's a question of heat and Penetration in small spaces. I have to Run 600w hps to get very good Penetration, but that would also bei total overkill on less then a sqm. Maybe i will Go for the 450 w equivalent viparspectra after i got the gear for DWC growing.

Im looking Forward to some LED Panels too. It's a question of heat and Penetration in small spaces. I have to Run 600w hps to get very good Penetration, but that would also bei total overkill on less then a sqm. Maybe i will Go for the 450 w equivalent viparspectra after i got the gear for DWC growing.

I really like my Viparspectra. I have it growing side by side with the Perfect Sun Dwarf Star and its certainly holding its own halfway through the flower phase. I would step up to the 600w equivalent instead of the 450w. Just gives you a little more. One downside to the Viparspectra vs the Dwarf Sun is it puts out a little more heat. Not much, but more. I am still able to keep my tent (4x4) about 4 degrees over the room temp with just running the carbon filter/fan. Not sure what the price difference for you on the 450w vs the 600w is Croc but I am a firm believer in rounding up if I can.

I really like my Viparspectra. I have it growing side by side with the Perfect Sun Dwarf Star and its certainly holding its own halfway through the flower phase. I would step up to the 600w equivalent instead of the 450w. Just gives you a little more. One downside to the Viparspectra vs the Dwarf Sun is it puts out a little more heat. Not much, but more. I am still able to keep my tent (4x4) about 4 degrees over the room temp with just running the carbon filter/fan. Not sure what the price difference for you on the 450w vs the 600w is Croc but I am a firm believer in rounding up if I can.
Those fixtures are place three, four and five in my Shopping Cart. I went to a local grow Shop today and it was big time Shopping for my hydro Setup. Bought everything except buckets there, a Lot of nutes, air pumps, air Stones, new Milwaukee ph55 pen to have accurate Ph readings for growing in hydro, i thought about bying a water cooler and a heater for the reservoirs too. But i will try without First.

I think i will Order two 450w, and one 600w aquivalent. Im afraid of using two very powerful Led devices in my small space. Led can easily bleach your Plant when too Intense.

Prepare for a big Update one hours later. I have some Pictures and intel about what happened ober the Last Days and, as usual, todays update in usual quality.

Sounds good brother. One bit of info I have seen by following several other growers on their hydro grows....it seems like the water temperatures getting to be too hot seems like a very common occurance and problem for hydro growers, I would definitely be prepared for having to purchase something to help keep your water cooler.

Good stuff crocodoc what what are you using to keep daily records sensors and monitors??

Good stuff crocodoc what what are you using to keep daily records sensors and monitors??

I use an App called Flower Care. If you want to know more details, feel free to take a look over my Journal, there is a lot of Information about them to find :)

If you are interested in them, you will maybe run into trouble connecting them to your Phone. I posted a step by step guide how to fix this too. It was arround Day 60 if i am right.

I thought about that too. I will try to have my Resorvoir and all thats on top of it physically seperated. I mean, having a Barrier between Reservoir and The rest of the Box, that Prevents light and Heat direct contact to it. If that doesnt work, i know what to do.

Day 91, Day 21 since 12/12h, Flower Day 17

Humidity: 43-51%

- First, let me show you some Pics of a Defol that i did on Day 88

Before
IMG_20170628_032817523.jpg

After
IMG_20170628_032940247_HDR.jpg

- There where also small changes in case of feeding. All of them where getting a little P+K extra. I started this a few Days ago and today at Day 91, the first few of them got now 1,9 ml/l Phosphorous+, which is 3/4 of it´s recommended dosage by Hesi.

- There is now a very Noticable smell if i open the door of my Box. Reason for it is Cream Caramel. You can imagine if you take a look at how much Trichromes they already developed. But Ice Kush kicks in with it´s own Odor slowly, hopefully they wont stink the whole House in later Flower. At least, i can refill my Filters easily and i do have 5kg of activated carbon here on storage, just in case

- No more Defol in the last three Days, i will see how long it takes till another one is necessary.

-Lights are now at only 20 cm Distance, Light intensity has raised up to 80.000 Lux peak, 72.000-75.000 Lux average and 45.000-50.000 Lux in the Corners. Penetration is also nice with the lights that close, as you can see at the last overview Picture directly below

7 Hours after Lights on
d911.jpg

d91_3_.jpg

d91_4_.jpg

Cream Caramel #1

Size: 17,5 cm above 2nd Screen
Bulb Distance: 20 cm
Watering: none
Feeding: none
Training: none
other: none
Temperature, Moisture Level, EC in Soil:
Screenshot_20170701-060234_1_.png

Canopy
cc1_91.jpg

Flowers
cc1_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
cc1_91_3_.jpg

Cream Caramel #2

Size: 10,5 cm above 2nd Screen
Bulb Distance: 27,5 cm
Watering: 3 x 500 ml, 22°C
Feeding: 640 ppm, EC 1279 us/cm, 3,75 ml/l BloomComplex, 1,25 ml/l Phosporous+
Screenshot_20170701-060703_1_.png

Watering Timepoint ( dont know why there are 2 Hours of record missing)
Screenshot_20170701-060650_1_.png

Canopy
cc2_91.jpg

Flowers
cc2_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
cc2_91_3_.jpg

Ice Kush #1

Size: 16,5 cm above 2nd Screen
Screenshot_20170701-061331_1_.png

Canopy
ik1_91.jpg

Flowers
ik1_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
ik1_91_3_.jpg

Ice Kush #2

Size: 11 cm above 2nd Screen
Bulb Distance: 25,5 cm
Screenshot_20170701-061840_1_.png

Canopy
ik2_91.jpg

Flowers
ik2_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
ik2_91_3_.jpg

Clones, Day 12

The whole Pack
IMG_20170701_070045640.jpg

Humidity: 65-70%
Temp: 24,8-25,7°C

- Humidity Dome is fully open, will be removed in a few Days

- so far, no one of the little Ladys died, its still 20 out of 20

- new Growth at 18 of them, but visible Roots only at 2 ( one CC #1, one from CC#2)

clones_d_12_roots.jpg

clones_d12_roots.jpg

- Some of them drying out faster, some slower. First time feeding the dried out ones today. prepared a solution with 5 ml/l Root Complex, and 1,25 ml/l TNT Complex. ph down to 6.1 with Hesi pH-Minus for growth

Tap Water pH, not very good
tap_water_ph.jpg

After adding all Nutes and some pH-Minus
solution_ph.jpg

10 ml for each, watering with a Syringe is the easiest Way to Water single Clones
watering_10_ml_each.jpg

Hey Crocodoc just checked out your last grow and that was amazing, I'll need more time to catch up on this one. That Dark Devil was gorgeous man! What type of setup do you use to check out trichomes?

A Loupe with 60x attached to my Smartphone with Digital Zoom. Thanks for checking Out my grow, youre Welcome <3

Ahh okay, I have the same thing but mine doesn't zoom close enough. I end up getting resin all over the lens trying to get too close haha

I thought about that too. I will try to have my Resorvoir and all thats on top of it physically seperated. I mean, having a Barrier between Reservoir and The rest of the Box, that Prevents light and Heat direct contact to it. If that doesnt work, i know what to do.

Day 91, Day 21 since 12/12h, Flower Day 17

Humidity: 43-51%

- First, let me show you some Pics of a Defol that i did on Day 88

Before
IMG_20170628_032817523.jpg

After
IMG_20170628_032940247_HDR.jpg

- There where also small changes in case of feeding. All of them where getting a little P+K extra. I started this a few Days ago and today at Day 91, the first few of them got now 1,9 ml/l Phosphorous+, which is 3/4 of it´s recommended dosage by Hesi.

- There is now a very Noticable smell if i open the door of my Box. Reason for it is Cream Caramel. You can imagine if you take a look at how much Trichromes they already developed. But Ice Kush kicks in with it´s own Odor slowly, hopefully they wont stink the whole House in later Flower. At least, i can refill my Filters easily and i do have 5kg of activated carbon here on storage, just in case

- No more Defol in the last three Days, i will see how long it takes till another one is necessary.

-Lights are now at only 20 cm Distance, Light intensity has raised up to 80.000 Lux peak, 72.000-75.000 Lux average and 45.000-50.000 Lux in the Corners. Penetration is also nice with the lights that close, as you can see at the last overview Picture directly below

7 Hours after Lights on
d911.jpg

d91_3_.jpg

d91_4_.jpg

Cream Caramel #1

Size: 17,5 cm above 2nd Screen
Screenshot_20170701-060234_1_.png

Canopy
cc1_91.jpg

Flowers
cc1_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
cc1_91_3_.jpg

Cream Caramel #2

Size: 10,5 cm above 2nd Screen
Bulb Distance: 27,5 cm
Watering: 3 x 500 ml, 22°C
Feeding: 640 ppm, EC 1279 us/cm, 3,75 ml/l BloomComplex, 1,25 ml/l Phosporous+
Screenshot_20170701-060703_1_.png

Watering Timepoint ( dont know why there are 2 Hours of record missing)
Screenshot_20170701-060650_1_.png

Canopy
cc2_91.jpg

Flowers
cc2_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
cc2_91_3_.jpg

Ice Kush #1

Size: 16,5 cm above 2nd Screen
Screenshot_20170701-061331_1_.png

Canopy
ik1_91.jpg

Flowers
ik1_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
ik1_91_3_.jpg

Ice Kush #2

Size: 11 cm above 2nd Screen
Bulb Distance: 25,5 cm
Screenshot_20170701-061840_1_.png

Canopy
ik2_91.jpg

Flowers
ik2_91_2_.jpg

Bud building
ik2_91_3_.jpg

Clones, Day 12

The whole Pack
IMG_20170701_070045640.jpg

Humidity: 65-70%
Temp: 24,8-25,7°C

- Humidity Dome is fully open, will be removed in a few Days

- so far, no one of the little Ladys died, its still 20 out of 20

- new Growth at 18 of them, but visible Roots only at 2 ( one CC #1, one from CC#2)

clones_d_12_roots.jpg

clones_d12_roots.jpg

- Some of them drying out faster, some slower. First time feeding the dried out ones today. prepared a solution with 5 ml/l Root Complex, and 1,25 ml/l TNT Complex. ph down to 6.1 with Hesi pH-Minus for growth

Tap Water pH, not very good
tap_water_ph.jpg

After adding all Nutes and some pH-Minus
solution_ph.jpg

10 ml for each, watering with a Syringe is the easiest Way to Water single Clones
watering_10_ml_each.jpg

Nice work on those Clones Croc!! If you see the new growth, there will be roots shortly. You will have more clones than you know what to do with soon brother!

Ahh okay, I have the same thing but mine doesn't zoom close enough. I end up getting resin all over the lens trying to get too close haha

This is a well known Problem her ;) It may sound stupid, but try warm Milk to clean it. Works perfect. I´m Cleaning my grinder in warm milk too. A user named Gyftobill adviced me on using my smartphone to get more than 60x magnifying. It works pretty good!

Nice work on those Clones Croc!! If you see the new growth, there will be roots shortly. You will have more clones than you know what to do with soon brother!

I just need two of them, what a waste. I know one other Person in RL that is growing weed. She was here a few Days ago and i asked her if she want to have some clones because her actual grow is finished in about a week. But she told me, Photos are not worth growing and she is actually frowing clones from AF plants and she said that this would be way better. This was the Point were i thought, "ok she doesn´t know what she is talking about". That was the moment were i decided it´s not worth asking her anymore or talk to her that it doesnt make any sense to clone AF. Her Parents where actually growing for that the past 20 years she said. As long as i know, the first real AF was the Low Ryder and thats not 20 years ago. AF simply just didn´t exist in a quality worth growing that long ago. That brought me to conclusion that she is talking bullshit to me. I know her for a long time and i didn´t expect that. I was kinda shocked.

Or am I missing out something? Am i wrong? Does anyone ever heared of a successfull way to have a AF Motherplant? she said, you don´t have to send them into Flower. WTF???

Then she gave me some weed that she or her Parents or whoever had grown. It was kinda street quality, maybe a little better than that. She also mentioned that weed doesn´t get any better if you cure longer than two weeks.

Normally, if i find a guy on the internet thats talking like that, i just don´t care. But it´s so hard to find other growers here because you have to be very carefull, and i was looking forward to have a person close to me where i can discuss with, get some inspiration from or some ideas. What a huge disapointment this was. I´m better to stay here where some open minded people are arround, that are trying to improve all the time in every possible way, like i am too. Thanks for beeing here guys:circle-of-love:!

This is a well known Problem her ;) It may sound stupid, but try warm Milk to clean it. Works perfect. I´m Cleaning my grinder in warm milk too. A user named Gyftobill adviced me on using my smartphone to get more than 60x magnifying. It works pretty good!

I just need two of them, what a waste. I know one other Person in RL that is growing weed. She was here a few Days ago and i asked her if she want to have some clones because her actual grow is finished in about a week. But she told me, Photos are not worth growing and she is actually frowing clones from AF plants and she said that this would be way better. This was the Point were i thought, "ok she doesn´t know what she is talking about". That was the moment were i decided it´s not worth asking her anymore or talk to her that it doesnt make any sense to clone AF. Her Parents where actually growing for that the past 20 years she said. As long as i know, the first real AF was the Low Ryder and thats not 20 years ago. AF simply just didn´t exist in a quality worth growing that long ago. That brought me to conclusion that she is talking bullshit to me. I know her for a long time and i didn´t expect that. I was kinda shocked.

Or am I missing out something? Am i wrong? Does anyone ever heared of a successfull way to have a AF Motherplant? she said, you don´t have to send them into Flower. WTF???

Then she gave me some weed that she or her Parents or whoever had grown. It was kinda street quality, maybe a little better than that. She also mentioned that weed doesn´t get any better if you cure longer than two weeks.

Normally, if i find a guy on the internet thats talking like that, i just don´t care. But it´s so hard to find other growers here because you have to be very carefull, and i was looking forward to have a person close to me where i can discuss with, get some inspiration from or some ideas. What a huge disapointment this was. I´m better to stay here where some open minded people are arround, that are trying to improve all the time in every possible way, like i am too. Thanks for beeing here guys:circle-of-love:!

LOL...photos aren't worth growing? Thats funny. I will only grow photos if I have a choice. I do have a few freebie autoflowers that maybe some day I might try, or I might give them away. I like being in control of my plants and dictating what they do. Definitely doesn't sound like she knows what she is talking about. I don't really know much about autoflowers so I can't comment on how long they have been around. The only reason I know that makes sense for autoflowers to me is people that have perpetual grows where they don't have the space to have multiple tents or space to grow flower and and veg at the same time. Then they don't need to change the lighting schedule....they can grow autos at different times and never worry about lights. That is the only reason I can see to do auto's....but thats just me and my opinion. I know a lot of people love autos cause they are faster and less work in general.

LOL...photos aren't worth growing? Thats funny. I will only grow photos if I have a choice. I do have a few freebie autoflowers that maybe some day I might try, or I might give them away. I like being in control of my plants and dictating what they do. Definitely doesn't sound like she knows what she is talking about. I don't really know much about autoflowers so I can't comment on how long they have been around. The only reason I know that makes sense for autoflowers to me is people that have perpetual grows where they don't have the space to have multiple tents or space to grow flower and and veg at the same time. Then they don't need to change the lighting schedule....they can grow autos at different times and never worry about lights. That is the only reason I can see to do auto's....but thats just me and my opinion. I know a lot of people love autos cause they are faster and less work in general.

It´s the thing that Photos require more attention that makes them interesting. Or at least one thing about it. I do like the Control too, and thats the reason why i will stay with Photos. I should be able to compete to longer going Autos in terms of speed with a DWC system and starting from Clones.

I will definitly grow some Autos in the Future, i have some ThinkBig seeds, AK Auto seeds, and Think Different seeds here. Would be a waste not to grow them. I read that Autos perform really good when you combine Hydroponics with powerfull LED lighting. I have to try that in the future.

What i can tell for sure, Photos are WAY more potent than AF. That´s for sure.

I wonder if she isn't mixing up auto flowers and photos. Maybe she has them reversed in her mind.

Back
Top Bottom